Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2008, 01:00   #16
God Member

Re: jesus christ has anyone been bowling in accy lately

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
It probably is so that you don't nick their shoes but why on earth would anyone want to nick them, they're horrible.

You'd have to own some seriously bad shoes to even think that you'd rather have the bowling ones and wear them to go out in!
When I go bowling, I always end up with Velcro shoes I'm only size 3 Kids even get lace up ones..... eldest son who's 10 years old is a size 5 and youngest son who is 9 is a size 4............ and me......Velcro shoes and they always laugh and make a big deal out of it............ but at least I always have mine on and off before them!! HA

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2008, 01:10   #17
God Member

Thats pretty sad, no actually its very sad because it means that its you they don't trust to claim back your shoes and not try to claim back someone elses or accuse the staff of swapping them.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 03:06   #18
Senior Member+

*LOL*

there's actually no place to put ur shoe - u cant put it under the chair as its a solid wooden block u sit on...

it is a shame since the blackburn one opened accy has gone down hill. the company just wants to attract the kids playing the bandits it seems. the shame thing is that the cinema get affected by the lack of investment by the bowling alley.

and the reason they take one shoe not two isnt so that they can identify the shoe its cause the boxes arent big enough to fit most pairs.

and finally the person who asked about the morcambe bowling alley

would it surprise you to know that the same company owns morcambe also owns accrington?
Old 24-02-2008, 09:29   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Shouldn’t bother over the karma thingy, it means nowt, here is some good stuff , int much but there ya go....if the bowlin alley is poop then it's poop. more places should be named an shamed
im not lol i just thought i would give them somthing to be realy offended at other than the title of this thread but my comments about jesus have been removed although i stand by my comment that like crap he floated on water and he did sleep with prostitutes

god damn it iv done it again

oh jesus iv blasphemed again

oh my god i just cant help myslef

jesus wept i better just stop before i get into trouble again
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 10:10   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
has accy become so scummy that you risk getting your shoes stolen if left with the staff?
OI!! My little brother works there!! And you know that!
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 10:16   #21
Senior Member+

The shoe thing reminds me so much of an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm.
Old 24-02-2008, 10:48   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly View Post
OI!! My little brother works there!! And you know that!
im sure the staff wouldnt steal your shoes lol infact i want to leave both my shoes with them

they also realy do need to get those machines serviced , they take ages to put the pins back and as stated before theres no guarentee it will put the right amont back and even if you can reset it that dosnt make it right because it interupts and spoils the game and at £15 per hour i want fun not hassles
Old 24-02-2008, 16:59   #23

seriously you guys got a lot to moan about, over a superbowl?
i think i can explain a few things first of all:

they only take one shoe of you, for this reason: a chav playing on the arcades, see a new PAIR of air maz trainers on the lane, you go to bowl, they take your shoes unlucky! if there was only one then do you think they wud really take em, same with leaving 2 behind the desk

there are places to put your shoes, for instant you shoe box at the end of the lane... makes sense really? and its not tht far to walk?? there are seating areas on the lane you are, so whats the problem in taking you shoes over to the lane and putting them on there??

the lanes get cleaned....polished...and waxed one day a week, which is more then recommended, each bowling alley will have small dints in the lanes from where idiots throw the heavy balls into the lane rather then bowl them.

The lanes are cleaned after each customers, as long as there are enuf staff.

At the end of the day, the lanes are machines... machines break down , so how can this be solved? yes there is a tech on each shift, so there is always some one there to fix it.

I think we are lucky to have a bowling alley so close to us!

thanks
accybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 17:05   #24

i forgot to mention that morcambe and superbowl are owned by two differnet companies, superbowl is owned by 2 gentleman! where as morcambe is owned by a big complany
Old 24-02-2008, 18:27   #25
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

common sense dictates that you exchange a pair of shoes for a pair of bowling shoes and if it was such a good idea why is accy the only town where you have this
It's not the only town where you have this. It's not Accy Policy. It's Superbowl policy. I have no idea why they do it, maybe it just helps them find your shoe if they have one to match it with. They do the same at Morecambe.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 18:53   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybird View Post
seriously you guys got a lot to moan about, over a superbowl?

I think we are lucky to have a bowling alley so close to us!

thanks
we shouldnt have a lot to moan about , for the price it costs us everything should be working correctly and just because there happens to be a bowling alley near by i dont see why we should think ourselves lucky because in my eyes the bowling alley should be the ones thinking they are lucky that people are still using it

i wont be going back as long as there is a better and cheaper one in blackburn or until they spend some of the proffits they make and fix the machines and tidy up the place

the poor staff only work there ,its the owners that need to get thier fingers out their backsides and spend a bit of the money they have taken off us
Old 24-02-2008, 19:02   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybird View Post

they only take one shoe of you, for this reason: a chav playing on the arcades, see a new PAIR of air maz trainers on the lane, you go to bowl, they take your shoes unlucky! if there was only one then do you think they wud really take em, same with leaving 2 behind the desk
Yes...... they will just nick that one, then go to JJB and nick the other

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 21:35   #28

do you think the superbowl is making a profit?? yeah rite!!! plus its up for sale, so why would the owners now, wanna spend money?? i think people need to get sum facts right, before they give their opinion on something they really dont know about!

thts cool choosing to go to blackburn but then why morn about the one in accy if you dont go there? talking about the price, yeh blackburn may be cheaper but then go somewhere like hollywood bowling, where its like 8.00 a game!!

superbowl is in for a lot of changes, which are all for the better, i dont think the public slating them is going to help things! we should be behind them!!

i really dont understand how people think that the machines are always going to be working?? if you knew how the machines worked, you would have a total different opinion, trust me!! does your washer machine or boiler, or tv never break?? i highly doubt tht!
Old 24-02-2008, 21:44   #29
God Member

£5 an hour just to play skittles amazing!

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 21:45   #30
Senior Member+

empty drinks bottles and a ball..... much more fun to make your own

.........Em wanders off before anyone accuses her of being cheap

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..