Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2008, 21:47   #31
God Member

Re: jesus christ has anyone been bowling in accy lately

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybird View Post
do you think the superbowl is making a profit?? yeah rite!!! plus its up for sale, so why would the owners now, wanna spend money?? i think people need to get sum facts right, before they give their opinion on something they really dont know about!

thts cool choosing to go to blackburn but then why morn about the one in accy if you dont go there? talking about the price, yeh blackburn may be cheaper but then go somewhere like hollywood bowling, where its like 8.00 a game!!

superbowl is in for a lot of changes, which are all for the better, i dont think the public slating them is going to help things! we should be behind them!!

i really dont understand how people think that the machines are always going to be working?? if you knew how the machines worked, you would have a total different opinion, trust me!! does your washer machine or boiler, or tv never break?? i highly doubt tht!

you dont know how crap somthing is until you try it , if the place is for sale then i hope the next buyers spend some money on it

perhaps the reason why it isnt making a proffit is because one visit is enough for most people and they dont return

maybe if they employed literate people that would be a good start ? ( assuming from your superior knowledge that you work there)

ps:

if my washer or dvd player should ever break it would be repaired or replaced within 24 hours but then again i dont charge people to use my washing machine or dvd player , it isnt up to me to know how a bowling lane works thats their business

Last edited by accyman; 24-02-2008 at 21:51.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2008, 21:48   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
of course its as mad as it sounds infact its idiotic on their part, who wants to be carrying an odd shoe about the place regardless of wether you can leave it under your seat or not

common sense dictates that you exchange a pair of shoes for a pair of bowling shoes and if it was such a good idea why is accy the only town where you have this

has accy become so scummy that you risk getting your shoes stolen if left with the staff?
The staff must be dingles

.. "The more u see the less u know. The less u find out as u go." 'Sir Bono'

WalkOnBRFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 21:53   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkOnBRFC View Post
The staff must be dingles
lol you nut
Old 24-02-2008, 21:55   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybird View Post
i really dont understand how people think that the machines are always going to be working?? if you knew how the machines worked, you would have a total different opinion, trust me!! does your washer machine or boiler, or tv never break?? i highly doubt tht!
I don’t really understand why you think that it should be accepted by paying members of the public that the machines will break. The public don’t bloody care how the machines work. They pay cash to use them and have every right to expect that they are serviceable
Old 25-02-2008, 01:10   #35
God Member

I paid £500 for my laptop, a hefty sum for a student, yet it isn't guaranteed to not have any faults. I've been lucky with mine, yet some people can pay over £1000 for a laptop and have huge problems.

My point is that you can pay as much as you like for something, be it £5 or £500, doesn't necessarily mean it's going to work all the time.

Also, we once didn't have a bowling alley, or a cinema in Accrington, and those who can't afford to travel out of the town will be very grateful for what they were given, even if it isn't as good as blackburn.

At the end of the day, lets just be thankful we don't live in a place like Darwen or Burnley, now that would be something to complain about.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 01:57   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post

Also, we once didn't have a bowling alley, or a cinema in Accrington, and those who can't afford to travel out of the town will be very grateful for what they were given, even if it isn't as good as blackburn.
so poorer people should stop complaining and be grateful to be provided with substandard ?

well thats us poor folk put to rights
Old 25-02-2008, 02:36   #37
God Member

Quote:
so poorer people should stop complaining and be grateful to be provided with substandard ?

Well I'm one of them and I thoroughly enjoy accys bowling alley.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 08:22   #38
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:

I don't think it was meant to mean that.

It is simple really, if you don't like the one in Accy then go somewhere else.
Old 25-02-2008, 09:57   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I don't think it was meant to mean that.

Well I agree with some of the other posters myself. At the end of the day you are paying for a service then you have a right to expect that. If things aren't working then to keep custom then in the interests of the customers you should repair or replace where necessary to ensure a certain level/reasonable service.

If you went to the Cinema and the last ten minutes of the film were cut off would that mean I'd just have to be grateful I could watch the First bit?..

Old 25-02-2008, 10:44   #40
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

ya know summat, iv never been bowling, the kids have , but meself have never tried it.......
Old 25-02-2008, 10:50   #41
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Well I agree with some of the other posters myself. At the end of the day you are paying for a service then you have a right to expect that.
You are right you do. You should ask for your money back and not go again. It annoys me when people go several times and complain that it is always rubbish. It's simple, you know it is rubbish so stop going.
Old 25-02-2008, 10:58   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
ya know summat, iv never been bowling, the kids have , but meself have never tried it.......
Hurts your Thumb n Fingers if you don't know how to do it properly

Old 25-02-2008, 11:00   #43

Quote:
You are right you do. You should ask for your money back and not go again. It annoys me when people go several times and complain that it is always rubbish. It's simple, you know it is rubbish so stop going.
I've been to Accy a couple of times but only to the Cinema though and it was ok. The only thing that naffs me off about most Cinema's this day is they don't put the blooming heating on and it is freezing. I went to Blackburn Cinema last night and wish I'd took a blanket!

Old 25-02-2008, 11:11   #44
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
The only thing that naffs me off about most Cinema's this day is they don't put the blooming heating on and it is freezing. I went to Blackburn Cinema last night and wish I'd took a blanket!
That is true, my wife had to ask them to switch the heating on last time we went.
Old 25-02-2008, 16:41   #45
God Member

Quote:

i didnt start this thread to get into a debate as to wether i should go again or not i started this thread to point out to others how disapointing my time was there compared to my time spent at blackburn the week earlier,i hadnt been to accy bowling for a while and thought i would go there instead of blackburn an quickly wished i hadnt

i thought that one use of an open forum was so that people could express opinions either way of a service and talk about their experience, a few people share my opinion and a few people dont and regardless of this thread i personaly will not be returning to accy bowling as i find blackburns better and those in agreement with me now know if they didnt already that there is a better option should they choose to take it

the staff at both places i found were perfectly fine but in my opinion blackburn is better because of their price and functionality of their machines which is nothing to do with the staff and like i stated before its the owners who need a kick up the backside to make things better

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..