Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 15:55   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Judge says it takes courage to burgle a house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
be as pedantic as you want, only i would have made sure it wasnt in both,
There was no need to make sure, the link provided fer the thread is what is being discussed, not rocket science.
Old 06-09-2012, 15:59   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
There was no need to make sure, the link provided fer the thread is what is being discussed, not rocket science.
i thought we were discussing the incident, which also appears in the sun newspaper?

but thats irrelevant, and we digress!
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 16:02   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
i thought we were discussing the incident, which also appears in the sun newspaper?

but thats irrelevant, and we digress!
See exactly what i meant the other day? People are only aware of what is posted, unless they have had acess to other papers, This to me is what constitutes a troll.
Old 06-09-2012, 16:07   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
See exactly what i meant the other day? People are only aware of what is posted, unless they have had acess to other papers, This to me is what constitutes a troll.
sorry?, please explain
Old 06-09-2012, 16:39   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
i have read the article, he also went onto say, if i see you here again you start with 30 months, but i will give you a chance.

1year suspended for 18 months, 2 years supervision order with drug rehab, and 200 hours community work

now would this be cheaper, than housing this criminal? I'm guessing yes

if it works and he is rehabilitated, was this not a better option? possibly, more useful to society, "curing" someone, as russell brand would advocate.

if he is just a low life, that can't, doesnt want, or wont be helped, is he not going away on his next transgression, but at least we as a society have tried

and does none of this count, and forget the rehab, just punish him, and punish him harshly
Quote:
so you cant see the judges point that it takes "nerves", remember this is an article in The Sun, and at the same time the judge was commending him for having "quit drugs", (even though he ordered drug rehab?????)

forgetting the moral bit for a moment , i dont think i could do that
What a load of twaddle!
1 year suspended is cheaper than prison? Of course it is, let's shut all the prisons and save a fortune. After all, not all murderers commit more than one murder so let's give them a chance, as society we will have tried.
If he is just a 'low life', lets hope its your house he burgles next, we'll see if you still feel the same way and can commend him for his courage(I've been burgled, it takes a long while to get over it).
The judge didn't say 'It takes nerves', he said 'It takes a huge amount of courage' and the quote wasn't from the Sun, it was the Daily Mail.
'A huge amount of courage' to burgle a 73 year old? No, just a belief that if he wants it he is entitled to take it, whatever distress he causes.
Our forces in Afganistan are showing Courage.The people in the Paralympics are showing Courage.Many others do but a burglar?
The burglar is just a criminal, the Judge is just a fool. They should both be dealt with accordingly.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 17:01   #21
Senior Member+

1. read more carefully my first post, especially the bit about me NOT condoning it
2.murder isnt in the same category has theft, hardly a fair comparison, and just for the record, i would have em straight on the gallows myself, but thats a thread wander.
3. if he does re-offend then the judge will have been proven wrong, and another junkie gets banged up costing me money.
4.the use of the word nerves, wasnt a direct quotation, although in the article i read, in The Sun (wich only got raised, because cashman was "being pedantic") the judge is quoted as saying "i wouldnt have the nerve", but that is irrelevant to the discussion, as we get the sentiment

i was saying, i wouldnt have the bottle! (again that word wasnt a direct quote either)

but please do try to engage eyesight, before the fingers start wandering,
Old 06-09-2012, 17:11   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
know what your saying, however the arson could have been financially motivated, and could be linked to drugs, not enough info to speculate
Oh well as long as it was motivated by his need/ addiction to drugs thats ok then The judge has made a comment which at the best is crass and irresponsible.He is in a position of power and influence and should be ashamed of his comments, which quite frankly insult the victims of this scum bag and other victims of burglary around the country.One word for him PATHETIC.
Old 06-09-2012, 17:26   #23
Senior Member+

taken out of context, slightly
i was talking about the judges attitude, to second chances
cashman was arguing that he had is chance, fair point
wich is why i began with know what your saying, usually thats taken as agreement

i was propose that they could have been linked to his dependacy on drugs, and this in THE JUDGES eyes, warranted a sec on chance

do people actually read, or just knee jerk
Old 06-09-2012, 17:40   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:

do people actually read, or just knee jerk
I was talking about the judges comments on second chances as well , the "reason" for the scum committing arson is irrelevant he did it . And if he has kicked drugs why did the judge order rehab???? Methinks his lordship had been on the sherry or something. What a prat the more you learn about these people the more they look like overpaid ,stupid, out of touch old fuddy duddys who dont have to live and be around scum like that burglar.
Old 06-09-2012, 17:44   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
I was talking about the judges comments on second chances as well , the "reason" for the scum committing arson is irrelevant he did it . And if he has kicked drugs why did the judge order rehab????
a point i raised myself, it sort of defies his own argument
Old 06-09-2012, 17:58   #26
Resting in Peace

Will somebody get in touch with Jambutty, and have a word about him coming back, I'm begging to think it would make a lot of sense
Old 06-09-2012, 18:01   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Will somebody get in touch with Jambutty, and have a word about him coming back, I'm begging to think it would make a lot of sense
i have yet to see you make 1 valid point to a thread, you just wander round sniping, i found it amusing at first, but it is just tedious now!
Old 06-09-2012, 18:02   #28
Resting in Peace

I have to wonder if this judge would have thought this scumbag had courage if he'd been thieving from his home and felt the pain which that other people suffer when they are robbed
Old 06-09-2012, 18:03   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
i have yet to see you make 1 valid point to a thread, you just wander round sniping, i found it amusing at first, but it is just tedious now!
Close the door on your way out theres a good child
Old 06-09-2012, 18:04   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I have to wonder if this judge would have thought this scumbag had courage if he'd been thieving from his home and felt the pain which that other people suffer when they are robbed
karma sent for contribution

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..