Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2006, 22:31   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: Just Been To ASDA and Im Not Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
But they actually advertise the pharmacy as being 24 hours.
OK, maybe will be open then.

Don't know why you couldn't get cooked chicken either Willow at 8.30 p.m., that's the time lots of us go out for meals after all, and think could do quite well from people coing back from a day out.

Perhaps some management from AccyAsda will read this and take note. Wouldn't surprise me, as they are probably still on a learning curve with this, so let's give them a chance, eh ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-11-2006, 22:32   #47
Accy Goddess

I'm finding it hard getting used to the changes but if they now leave things alone it will get better. But will they?
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 22:34   #48
Resident Waffler

I think once we've got used to where things are it won't be so bad - but then they'll probably change it all round just to keep us on our toes.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 06:47   #49
God Member

Pharmacy is open till 11 weeknights and then obviously till closing on Sat night and Sunday teatime.

As willow said, the flow of the carpark seems all wrong, they sort of let you in, you all fan out for teh first bit then are bottlenecked back together and only one route in/out for what must be >66% of the carpark. With People reversing out of spaces holding everyone up.

Still, I'll continue to park on electricity street and walk teh hundred yards or so, that way I can get out quickly and easily

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 12:36   #50
I am Banned

Why oh why do people on here moan about this? Its not bloody hard to drive into a car park and out is it? And so what if they could have got you out 3 seconds quicker its not like your all in a massive rush now is it. Its a store that they will run as they see fit and no amount of posts on here along the lines of "oh no i find it hard to understand the new car park" or " i cant find the beans" etc will make any difference.
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 13:08   #51
Resident Waffler

It isn't hard to understand the car park. It doesn't exactly need an Einstein and no maybe the extra time taken to get off shouldn't affect most of us but it obvously upsets the bus schedules enough that they are now no longer going onto the car park. That may not bother you but it does mean that the people who use those bus services which tend to be 90% elderly people now have to walk through the car park and out of the car park to catch their buses. They have my sympathy.

Also for anyone without ther own transport to have gone out especially to purchase something from this 24 hour supermarket which proudly displays its 24 hour status only to find that althugh the shop itself is open the department they want isn't, it's a bit of a bind to then have to make ther way home empty handed.

It may not affect you personally too much silvermain, and in our case we mananged to survive without the chicken but I'm not one of the "I'm alright Jack" types who doesn't care about this being far harder for some people than it is for me. I still think there's an accident waiting to happen with people reversing into a constant stream of traffic too. I only hope it doesn't involve a small child.

Old 27-11-2006, 13:33   #52
I am Banned

Oh dont get me wrong im not like that at all and if you knew me off here then im sure you would agree. On the point of the elderly bus service maybe they could have made a stop at the top of i thinkits electricity street. So that the elderly only need to walk along the front. Not great but better i think. And on the subject of reversing out into traffic. We had to do that before like nearly all car parks. And all they would say on the 24 hour service is that you can still buy items all day, maybe not all items but most. Not sticking up for them just saying what they would.
Old 27-11-2006, 13:38   #53
God Member

I wonder if any of you lazy lot have ever considered avoiding the traffic problems and walking to and from ASDA?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 13:39   #54
I am Banned

If god had wanted me to walk he wouldnt have invented the vauxhall corsa.
Old 27-11-2006, 13:43   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermain View Post
If god had wanted me to walk he wouldnt have invented the vauxhall corsa.
If god had wanted me to drive a decent motor car, he wouldn't have invented it either.
Old 27-11-2006, 13:44   #56
I am Banned

It is decent and does me fine thanks for my daily needs. What car do you have?

Last edited by silvermain; 27-11-2006 at 13:46.
Old 27-11-2006, 13:47   #57
God Member

Aston-Martin DB9
Old 27-11-2006, 13:49   #58
I am Banned

I was waiting for a silly reply. So what in your opinion makes the corsa not a decent car?
Old 27-11-2006, 13:49   #59
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I wonder if any of you lazy lot have ever considered avoiding the traffic problems and walking to and from ASDA?
Some people just aren't physically able to do that.

Old 27-11-2006, 13:58   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Some people just aren't physically able to do that.
I'm not on about the disabled, I'm talking about those people who areperfectly capable of walking into the town centre or ASDA and walking back with their shopping, several times a week if need be. It's called exercise.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..