Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2006, 18:10   #76
God Member

Re: Just Been To ASDA and Im Not Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Which proves my point exactly - this is what happens when local people do not support their local market. Still, I prefer to use what's left than to shop in ASDA.

Its quite a while since I visited Bury market. I think I'll give it a try this Christmas.
I have a feeling you'l;l love it and then Accy market is truely doomed

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-11-2006, 21:15   #77
Resident Waffler

It's not the lack of customers that has ruined Accy market. People are prepared to travel to other markets but ours has been decimated.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 22:45   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I wonder if any of you lazy lot have ever considered avoiding the traffic problems and walking to and from ASDA?
Have you tried walking across Asda carpark lately. Not enough pedestrian areas. I can barely make it to my car never mind all the way across. You've got to try and manoevre your trolley between the cars, which are parked to close together ( I blame the white lines).
Old 28-11-2006, 11:44   #79
I am Banned

moan moan moan
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2006, 11:50   #80
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvermain View Post
moan moan moan
Can somebody please post the definition of irony
Old 28-11-2006, 16:13   #81

hello there to tell you the truth i used asda my self at accrington but like you say its gone down now they have changed it i now do my shopping at blackburn and its a lot better but i dont think they will put the accrington asda back as it was (thats there loss )
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006, 08:11   #82
Senior Member+

A manager has rang me about my complaint. They say if you want any camera's or camera related stuff they cant sell after 8.30pm. They say the reason for this is the till on the camera stall prints your guarantee. Well looking at my printout on my receipt when i went back the day after, its just like any other checkout receipt.
What a load of bull.
I dread the carpark layout come christmas week , i guess this christmas will let ASDA know if all the money they spent on the changes to it is going to work.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006, 09:25   #83
God Member

If Asda is so bad why don't all you whingers take your business elsewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies
I told her the camera was an xmas gift for my partner, who was at home babysitting the kids and it was the sort of thing i cant buy with the kids with me as they would tell "daddy" what i had bought for him .... . Porkies galore...lol.
If that's the sort of bull**** you feed them why do you expect them to treat you any better ? They've heard it all before.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006, 09:59   #84
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
If Asda is so bad why don't all you whingers take your business elsewhere?

If that's the sort of bull**** you feed them why do you expect them to treat you any better ? They've heard it all before.
Because i wanted the camera there and then as thats what i had gone for ! why should i have to make a return trip when its advertised as 24 hours.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006, 10:41   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

as asda is virtually on my doorstep, i still only use it in emergency sorry katex its crap, the carpark is WORSE than it ever was and as for 1 thing at a time pmsl its took 20 bloody years to make it worse- i aint got that long left. on a brighter note tried tesco at dingleland on monday for the first time, excellent wide isles so you can move around,under cover carpark so you dont get pi** wet through when it rains, enough space between the checkout tills,got to hold me hands up the dingletesco wins hands down.
Old 29-11-2006, 16:50   #86
I am Banned

About the only thing in burnley that is any good
silvermain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2006, 13:27   #87
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies View Post
Because i wanted the camera there and then as thats what i had gone for ! why should i have to make a return trip when its advertised as 24 hours.

I can understand your point, even if others can't. The place advertises 24 hour services. They don't say it's limited and they don't say you can only buy cameras up to 8pm so you go down to the shop on purpose specifically to buy a camera and they tell you you can't have one at that time. Of course you have a right to grumble. It's like the library saying they are open on Wednesday mornings but you can't borrow any books then.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2006, 13:45   #88
Senior Member+

I agree with Jimmi & Willow. If it says 24 hours then unless it states somewhere that some services will not be avaliable then it should be. I'm pretty sure that nowhere does it say all services will not be avaliable. I once went on my way home from work at 2am and wanted some ciggies, the kiosk was closed so i went to customer services and asked if it was possible to get some, the lad there sighed and rolled his eyes and stomped over to the kiosk and slammed my fags down on the counter. To be honest i'd have prefered someone nice saying "No, sorry the kiosk isn't open at night" They should state what is open and what isn't at certain times.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..