Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2005, 11:29   #31

Re: karma fraud

On Burnleyweb you can see who has given you bad or good karma.
A good idea in my opinion.
At least the person has to be honest about why they are giving good or bad karma as they cannot hide.
I've had bad karma on Burnleyweb,just like here,but at least i know who it was and didn't take offence........and i haven't done anything back to that person as he will know its me.
That is the best thing about seeing who has given it you......they/you cannot hide.

jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-04-2005, 11:48   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod
hey Willow;it's a big screen but some people's post just go missing off the end! All those after you posted on this thread were fine but it seems to be just random ones that lose the last word in every sentence! And I have tried the bar thing at bottom,it makes no difference!
Exactly same thing happens for me as well ive just got firefox and it doesnt do it on that so i think it must be a setting in IE thats doing it????
Old 14-04-2005, 12:51   #33
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret
i had 3 karma taken just once (anon of course )for saying what i thought about spam ,i would have had more respect for that person if they had signed their name ,,now if that person reads this they will take it off again ... but who cares ,,,,,.
oh dear now i have egg on my face ,,,,,,,,,,
someone has given me karma (anon)thankyou very much ,but i wish i knew who it was ,,,its like when you have a present under the xmas tree,you shake it and prod it but you dont know what itis ,,,,,,
Old 14-04-2005, 13:37   #34
Give, give, give member

l have the same problem as Lindsay, isn't she the lucky one. On every thread Willow has posted in l have to scan across the screen to read the text. This has only happened in the last week or so. l thought it was just my laptop, l'm glad l'm not alone.

Re: Karma. Roy said that karma is staying as an integral part of Accy Web, and he enjoys the mischief it causes as do l, but it seems a bit unfair to ban someone because they altered someones karma and signed it with someone elses name. This seems more like extreme mischief making and not worth a banning, and no l have never done it!!!

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2005, 13:47   #35
Resident Waffler

If my posts are the ones causing you problems I'll change the layout of my signature. Can you tell me if it still happens after I've done this? I don't know how many people it happens to and I did actually try to ensure that the two images wouldn't stretch beyond the width of the board so I'm puzzled that this has been happening. I only need to scroll across when someone has posted a large photo which isn't very often.

This applies with either Firefox or IE.

Can I ask those of you who needed to scroll if you'll look at the words at the top of the page where it says "HOME FORUM ASFC ACCYCHAT ARCADE JOURNAL GALLERY". Do those words sit neatly within the blue bar or do they bunch up with most of them sitting on top of the bar and only the last one or two within the bar?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2005, 15:12   #36
Give, give, give member

Willow this ones fine!!!!!!!!

Thank you, xxxxxxxxxxx

You've saved me going cross eyed!

Old 14-04-2005, 15:30   #37
Resident Waffler

Oh I'm so glad. I'll work within that minimum range as my maximum from now on.

How does that toolbar thingy look from where you are Garinda?

Old 14-04-2005, 15:46   #38
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Garinda I am guessing your screen resolution is set fairly low, maybe 800x600. Right click on the desktop and click properties, then click settings on the Display Properties window. The resolution is shown in the bottom left hand side.
Old 14-04-2005, 15:54   #39
Resident Waffler

Garinda isn't the only one Neil. I think Lindsay was the first person to mention it. If I squish mine up so that my banners/buttons side by side were too wide then I got the text in the blue toolbar all out of place as well.

I've reverted back to non squished but remembering not to go wider with anything for the sake of those who remain squished.

Old 14-04-2005, 16:17   #40
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I think that Lindsay will have the same problem due to her screen resolution being set low. It means you don't have much screen width, irrespective of the monitors physical size.

I dont know what physical size monitors Lindsay and Garinda have.
Old 14-04-2005, 22:48   #41
Resident Waffler

That's why I was asking to see what people with the same problem saw in the blue menu bar. Anyway to make it easier for all concerned I just rearranged my sig buttons.

Old 15-04-2005, 08:30   #42
Give, give, give member

Oh l don't know? About the same size as a portable tv, 14 inches?

lt's just an ordinary lap top, l just know it's fine again now thanks.

Does size matter?

Old 15-04-2005, 08:33   #43
Senior Member+

When it comes to monitors, it certainly does for me!

I have a 17" flat screen, and it makes a lot of difference, especially when I am playing games

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2005, 08:36   #44
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

How do you find the flat screen when playing fast moving 'if it moves kill it' type games. My wife would like a flat screen but I am to impressed with the quality of my 21" CRT. It is amazingly heavy though.

Last edited by Neil; 15-04-2005 at 08:38.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2005, 08:45   #45
Senior Member+

I play GTAIII and Vice City.

On both games I have the highest available graphics settings.

I can't fault the monitor at all. I took the frame rate limiter off on Vice City, but the graphics card couldn't quite handle it - there was the odd occasion where the action paused for a split second, but that was down to the card, and not the monitor.

I thought my crt screen was fine - that was quite big as well, but my new screen is much nicer looking, and the graphics are much crisper and more clearly defined. I am sure you would notice an improvement.

I used to have to sit almost with my nose to the screen, but I can position it further away now, due to the space saving.

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..