Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2009, 00:54   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Kids behavior no worse than before

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Can we have an over 50's section of accy web please...
and a childrens.
Old 15-02-2009, 01:03   #17

It's just any discussions like these are pointless - anyone in the school system 40 years ago has no idea what it is like now and it is the same the other way around. All these threads just end up with posts of "back in my day"...
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 01:40   #18
Caz
God Member

I myself have had kids in the school sytem from 1976 till 2 years ago, I now have grandchildren at school. So it's not just a case of "back in my day" I take notice of what's going on.

So no they are not pointless comments. Us oldies know what it was like then and now, and are able to compare.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 02:00   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
I myself have had kids in the school sytem from 1976 till 2 years ago, I now have grandchildren at school. So it's not just a case of "back in my day" I take notice of what's going on.

So no they are not pointless comments. Us oldies know what it was like then and now, and are able to compare.
However only have one first hand account... just like everyone else, regardless of age.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 04:22   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
However only have one first hand account... just like everyone else, regardless of age.
people who have taught all their lives say its worse, but of coarse sam knows better.
Old 15-02-2009, 06:26   #21
God Member

When at school there werew plenty of ways to keep us under control many of which are now banned. My own daughter says it can be bad and she is a pleb at Grangemouth High. Even in primary schools it can be bad as she has first hand experience of and got a broken arm as proof.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 10:17   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
I'm not so sure whether I feel this way like you Jaysay. You been watching too much Waterloo ?

Think there is quite a lot of excessive bad behaviour in schools reported in the media, and seemingly is quite rare. (sorry, just heard that the other day .. can't offer any proof). Ok, know lots of teachers can't cope with their classes much any more, and some have nervous breakdowns,etc.

Of course, have no up-to-date experience, can only go off my own reports from younger members of the family who never complained about this type of situation.

Are there any schools in Hyndburn suffering with disruptive behaviour ? Would be good to hear from our younger members as to what they think.

For example, seems the prosecutions for truancy has gone up this year, (just seen Cashy's post ), but this did not exist in 'our day', and there was always plenty of this going on with false sick notes handed to teachers.

Just open minded at the moment, that's all.
Waterloo katethe only time I watch that is when the other have is in it, then I usually record it on Sky+ so I can get rid of the irrelevant bits
Old 15-02-2009, 10:19   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
and a childrens.
We've already got plenty of them cashy
Old 15-02-2009, 10:21   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
It's just any discussions like these are pointless - anyone in the school system 40 years ago has no idea what it is like now and it is the same the other way around. All these threads just end up with posts of "back in my day"...
Just wondering why your down as a senior member when actually your quit juvenile
Old 15-02-2009, 14:58   #25

Smile Re: Kids behavior no worse than before

Back in my day if I misbehaved at school I got a clip around the ear,it never did me any harm!
Back in my day if I misbehaved at school I got a clip around the ear,it never did me any harm!
And another thing, back in my day if I misbehaved at school I got a clip around the ear,it never did me any harm!
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 16:19   #26
God Member

Quote:
Can we have an over 50's section of accy web please...
Is that over 50 years; or is it for those with an IQ over 50?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 14:23   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Was watching Breakfast TV this morning and the Governments Behavior Tsar, Sir Alan Steer, was being interviewed regarding children's class room behavior. It seems, according to this chap, that behavior is no worse now than it was in the 50s and 60s, I just don't know where they dig these people up from. In my day you didn't F and blind in class, you didn't disrespect your teachers, nor did you assault them either, and pupils being expelled or excluded was very rare and why, because if you misbehaved you knew exactly what to expect, and you deserved it too

guns, knives, gangs.... the list is endless of course it far worse these days:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 18:18   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I think Grangehill had a lot to answer for, in making bad behaviour seem the norm and encouraging the copying of it.
seriously? u belive that?
Old 16-02-2009, 18:23   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossywarrior View Post
seriously? u belive that?
I have said it before and now say again
I do not lie

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 18:30   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I have said it before and now say again
I do not lie

i dont want to be rude but how old are u? there is no way grange hill is responsible for the problems in our schools.

my understanding is its a social thing, more kids are misbehaving as its seen to be cool, getting excluded or having an asbo is seen as a badge of honour nowadays and the kids that come from poor upbringing now just give up and be the "bad" boy rather than try and drag themselves out of the gutter

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..