Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2006, 22:46   #16
God Member

Re: Life after death, (its been done before)

Hmmm, I used to have a re-occurring dream that I was a young catholic (I'm not catholic) girl, about 17 years old, sat on the steps of a church crying. I knew I was catholic in the dream but have never known the reason I was crying, I just know it was for something really bad that happened. It seems real, when I wake up I still felt the distress the young catholic girl was feeling but didn't know why. Thankfully I haven't had the dream for about 12 month now. Us humans are a weird bunch
Old 26-11-2006, 22:51   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Have you ever visited a new town in the course of your work, or on holiday,and found yourself at your destination with no guide or assitance from anyone, uncanny is it not, you know you have been there before, but have you?
No, have always had to rely on a map, although some town/village centres are very similar, and could believe same planner, and I have travelled all over the U.K. for work.

I don't believe in an afterlife at all, blah, blah, blah, but respect other people's beliefs if it helps them to live a better life whilst they are here.

I like to think that just being a good person is satisfying (Ok speaking yer mind now and then doesn't count .. OK ! ) Just want to enjoy now what years I have got left, just in case there aint nowt else.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 23:22   #18
Resting in peace

Quote:
katexI don't believe in an afterlife at all, blah, blah, blah, but respect other people's beliefs if it helps them to live a better life whilst they are here.
It would be nice to have a quick look over the 'other side', will I need a toothbrush? Is there anyone to avoid, if you can, it's hard enough to do that here, seriously katex you would if you got chance.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 23:23   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

last thing anyone could accuse me of = being a bible basher but i honestly believe there is an afterlife i.e. you croak but yer soul lives on,i have seen too many things personally in my life to think any differant,can understand why some people do not think so,but dont really give a rats,thats there opinion an there entitled to it.
Old 26-11-2006, 23:29   #20
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Have you ever visited a new town in the course of your work, or on holiday,and found yourself at your destination with no guide or assitance from anyone, uncanny is it not, you know you have been there before, but have you?

I've had that kind of experience. Feeling that a town is familiar and you know just where to go to get to something or somewhere but you also know you've never actually been there before.

We had an interesting experience when Mimi was just a toddler. We went somewhere none of us had ever been before but she chirped up that she knew the place and had been there "years ago" - she was no more than 3 at the time. We just laughed and told her she hadn't. But then she described a large factory building which was further down the road - and we eventually came to it, exactly where she said it was.

I believe that we existed as spirits before we were born into our bodies and perhaps when something like this happens we have seen these places before we were born, whilst we were still spirits. There are a couple of brief mentions of life before birth in the Bible but it isn't dwelt on much so maybe it isn't something we need to know as much about as much as having faith in life after death.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 23:34   #21
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

I don't believe in an afterlife at all, blah, blah, blah, but respect other people's beliefs if it helps them to live a better life whilst they are here.
I know people who don't believe in life after death yet still live good moral lives on earth and those of us who do have a faith can often make a pigs dinner of trying to behave as we know we should. It's not entirely about standards and way of living. It's got more to do with knowing where you hope to be going and knowing this isn't the be-all and end-all.

Old 26-11-2006, 23:36   #22
Resting in peace

Quote:
willowthewhisp I've had that kind of experience. Feeling that a town is familiar and you know just where to go to get to something or somewhere but you also know you've never actually been there before.
The reason I raised the subject willow, is it has happened to myself on several occasions, what form we will appear in is in the good Lords hands, on a lighter note I hope it is not as next doors cat.
Old 26-11-2006, 23:38   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

not a new town as such,but once apparently i spoke fluent french to a lady on little blackburn road, and i dont know any french (past ER verbs etc) the lady who could speak it told me i was fluent a couple of days after. that little story is GOSPEL.
Old 26-11-2006, 23:38   #24
Resident Waffler

I wouldn't mind being one of our cat's They've got the life of Riley!

Old 26-11-2006, 23:40   #25
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
not a new town as such,but once apparently i spoke fluent french to a lady on little blackburn road, and i dont know any french (past ER verbs etc) the lady who could speak it told me i was fluent a couple of days after. that little story is GOSPEL.
Do you know what you said to her?

Old 26-11-2006, 23:43   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I wouldn't mind being one of our cat's They've got the life of Riley!
In another life, I'd love to be that fly on the wall
Old 26-11-2006, 23:45   #27
Resting in peace

Quote:
Well I've heard it all now, talk about tall stories, your pulling it cashman, is that all she taught you?
Old 26-11-2006, 23:51   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Well I've heard it all now, talk about tall stories, your pulling it cashman, is that all she taught you?
unlike some mate i dont bullsh**.
Old 26-11-2006, 23:53   #29
God Member

sorry ,after living in 3 war zones (Rhodesia,Zaire,Iran) and seeing what man can do to other men, women and children I am convinced we (humans) are no better than animals with a very thin veneer of civilization , though that doesn't stop me from hoping that there is something on the 'other' side ........didn't someone once say ......."there is no such thing as an atheist on his deathbed"
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 23:55   #30
Resting in peace

Quote:
unlike some mate i dont bullsh**.
Sorry put it like that I have to believe you, you didn't happen to get her name did you?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..