Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2006, 18:44   #1
Resting in peace

Life after death, (its been done before)

I am aware that this subject has been discussed by our 'esteemed members' but not by myself and probably not by a number of the recent members, so what is your opinion on, 'life after death'
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-11-2006, 18:45   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Life after death, (its been done before)

Yes I believe in it.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 18:50   #3
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

how can there be life after death? when life means being alive! well your not your dead!! sorry but when you gone you gone, thats it! nothing!
it would be nice if there was though.
im one of these who as lost family and wondered, but noones come back to tell me, sorry but seeing is believing!
Old 26-11-2006, 19:01   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
how can there be life after death? when life means being alive! well your not your dead!! sorry but when you gone you gone, thats it! nothing!
it would be nice if there was though.
im one of these who as lost family and wondered, but noones come back to tell me, sorry but seeing is believing!

how do you know thats what life means though? and how do you know that when your gone your gone? have you ever experienced death?...i lost my mum 15 years ago, i do believe in life after death, and i do believe my mums watching over me, bit like i say...each to there own
Old 26-11-2006, 19:06   #5
Resting In Peace

Life after death is quite a controversial subject in my opinion, personally as a member of our local spiritualist church I would say yes the soul does exist after the state that we call death. I have had evidence of survival presented to me at meetings by various mediums, and also mediums have said things to me that I could not recall at all, I guess that some people are better at translating the messages than others. Having said that I guess it is very much up to the individual with life after death as it is with God I suppose you either believe or you don't.
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 19:08   #6
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

thats what you believe in!
I dont, like God, do you believe in that too?
Old 26-11-2006, 19:23   #7
Resting in peace

A friend of mine is a member of a spiritualist church in Blackburn, he took me and another friend to a seance, it was conducted by a well known spiritualist, this woman had a 'spirit guide' an American Red Indian, this chap came up with all sorts of answers to the questions from the audience, it certainly made yours truely think.
Old 26-11-2006, 19:38   #8
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
thats what you believe in!
I dont, like God, do you believe in that too?
Yes, I believe in him. He isn't a "that".

It's hard to state what I believe simply, without it sounding like I'm being "holier than thou" but I'll have a go.

Yes we have a physical body and that body will not last forever, but anyone who has lost a limb will probably confirm that the physical body isn't who they are. Removing an arm or a leg or any other part of the anatomy wouldn't stop you being you. The real you is the person occupying the body. The body is just the part which makes life on the physical plane possible. When the physical body ceases to function the real person doesn't cease to exist. The spirit lives on.

I also believe that one day we will all be resurrected, which means we'll receive a perfect version of our body (I'm looking forward to that bit) which will never deteriorate and we will live forever in that body. Someone did come back as an example of this - it happened at Easter about 2,000 years ago.

Old 26-11-2006, 20:09   #9
Resting In Peace

I think Panther's question was for me Willow, the answer is yes I believe in God but I'm not sure if he is male or female as really he doesn't have to be because he does not need to reproduce, I believe there is only one God who created all things, also I believe there are angels both in the body and in spirit, how many times have you met a person who radiates well being and you know instinctively that you can trust them?, these are the angels on the Earth, the ones in spirit work behind the scenes so to speak and create what we refer to as good luck, this is my belief and I do not wish to persuade anyone to follow it as we all are entitled to our own decisions regarding religion.
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 20:47   #10
God Member

like they say....friends are just angels without wings
Old 26-11-2006, 21:36   #11
Yank in King Art's Court!

Yes, I absolutely believe in life after death. I believe, as a follower of Jesus Christ and in the guidance from the Holy Scriptures that once absent from the body I'll be in the presence of God. I would stake my life on this belief. I would also hope to sacrifice my life for anyone, especially one who doesn't believe this, in an effort to save them from the alternative.

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 22:09   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
friends are just angels without wings
I've got mine they might be getting a bit longer at the minute and in need of clipping

Sorry nothing more productive to add. It's interesting reading peoples different views on this. One thing is for sure ..... I'll find out one day whether there is or isn't life after death
Old 26-11-2006, 22:11   #13
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
I've got mine they might be getting a bit longer at the minute and in need of clipping

But you're a fairy not an angel. You'll be getting dizzy too if you keep twirling about like that all the time.

Old 26-11-2006, 22:34   #14
Resting in peace

Have you ever visited a new town in the course of your work, or on holiday,and found yourself at your destination with no guide or assitance from anyone, uncanny is it not, you know you have been there before, but have you?
Old 26-11-2006, 22:42   #15
Accy Goddess

I believe that there is life after death and one of the things I miss about Preston is Our little Spiritualist Church.
Unlike Willow I believe that God is both Male and Female. An entity, force that is all around us.
We don't die but just leave this old over coat behind that we no longer need and move on to another plane.
On the other plane we carry on evolving and have a role to play. perhaps we are even re-born back here on earth but I'm not sure about that.
They even have hospitals on the other side for the poor souls who have passed over suddenly.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..