Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2007, 14:03   #16

Re: Listening to the radio ....

how stupid
Old 09-10-2007, 14:14   #17
God Member

If the PRS lose will they appeal? If it is down to money they might end up out of pocket big time. How does this work for mobile Dj's and night clubs who have resident DJ's as if found that its public broadcasting then so are they.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 15:12   #18
Resident Waffler

Don't the DJs have a PRS licence or something though?

Surely it's the boom boomer who is liable for the fee not the boom boomee?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 15:31   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Don't the DJs have a PRS licence or something though?

Surely it's the boom boomer who is liable for the fee not the boom boomee?

I dont have a clue and thought someone hear might. My mate google wasnt much help either.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 16:20   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
There is too much noise pollution of all kinds.
I agree that Kwikfit mechanics should not be listening whilst working - because it is a distraction - could result in sloppy work.
What is wrong with peace and quiet?
Some people dont seem to be able to survive without background noise, some of it sounds really obnoxious to others with different tastes.
What entertains you, may well irritate others -please care about that
Hear Hear Margaret. Karma on its way for that. Background music seems to be everywhere you go these days, doesn't it? Very annoying indeed.
Old 09-10-2007, 17:45   #21
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Listening to the radio ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
I dont have a clue and thought someone hear might. My mate google wasnt much help either.
When you buy a record or a CD, or a DVD for that matter the royalties are in with the price so you, the purchaser, are not liable for any more. You can play them to your hearts’ content wherever you like providing that it is for your listening primarily or people in your house or car. So you can have a boogie party with lots of dancing to the current pops without fear of some PRS police hammering on your door demanding money. Unless you happen to charge people to attend your party. And with a bottle party you are technically charging your guests because they ‘pay’ a bottle of booze. But it is ridiculous, isn’t it?

However if you happen to be a DJ playing records to the public whether for gain or not you have to pay those damned performing rights. I think that it is an annual license rather than per record. I suppose that if you had a mobile cinema for showing DVD films the same would apply. Supermarkets and shops that play music in the background should have a license to do so.

It is the same with plays. You can buy the script but you need a license to perform it. Maybe Gayle could throw some light on the accuracy of that statement.

The question of someone having to pay a fee to overhear someone else’s record playing is too laughable for words. Or the player having to pay money just because someone can overhear their radio.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..