Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2007, 20:20   #61
God Member

Re: Loo Rolls

something else I have noticed over the years ....toilet paper is narrower in mainland Europe (France and Germany) than the UK or the US , suppose its one way of saving natural resources

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-10-2007, 20:31   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
something else I have noticed over the years ....toilet paper is narrower in mainland Europe (France and Germany) than the UK or the US , suppose its one way of saving natural resources

They are a load of tight a***s

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 20:57   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
I like the loo roll away from the wall, if my other half or daughter change it they always put it close to the wall and I always change it back, dont know why but cant stand it the other way
It's exactly the same in our house, Grego.
Old 23-10-2007, 21:00   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
When I was a child the only loo paper you could get was Izal. It was stiff, scratchy and shiney and you could use it as tracing paper, horrible stuff. The Civil Service was still using it up to 1980 and every sheet had Government Property stamped on it - as if you'd want to take it home, you'd have to be desperate.
Yes ... that's what I was talking about: John Wayne toilet paper, "it's rough, and it's tough, and it don't take s**t from nobody."
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 21:06   #65
Senior Member+

Flicking through Argos and the loo holders have it folded to a point facing towards you. I do the same but without the folded point
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 21:10   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
In hotels the roll is hung with the next piece AWAY from the wall and
FOLDED TO A POINT
I can't stand it when hotels fold the end of the lav paper into a point. How pretentious. Fancy having to do that as part of your job!
Old 23-10-2007, 21:13   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I can't stand it when hotels fold the end of the lav paper into a point. How pretentious. Fancy having to do that as part of your job!
They call it etiquette
Old 23-10-2007, 21:17   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
They call it etiquette
Or Origami.
Old 23-10-2007, 21:18   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
They call it etiquette
As Jim Royle would say, etiquette my a**e. Lol
Old 23-10-2007, 21:33   #70
God Member

Well mine sits on the window sill atm cus i just had my bathroom done up .. ummm may leave it there so i dont keep banging my arm on it when ive had a few lol.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2007, 21:47   #71
Senior Member+

One of my little pet hates is loo roll i have to have it hanging towards you away from the wall because theres nothing worse than having to hunt round the roll for the end of the loo roll if its at the front its always at the front! I have known myself to change other peoples in there houses i thought i was the only one who was bothered about which way the loo roll went now i know people have an opinion on the subject i will leave it in future !! oops
Old 23-10-2007, 23:00   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
well when you come to my house for a wee you get lovely warm loo roll cos mine sits on the radiator
sorry to ruin your exclusivity but mine hangs above the radiator so if I had it hanging closer to the wall it would just roll down the back of it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Harwood Red: Would bleached toilet paper not be worse than dyed though ?
Not what I heard and to be honest never had thrush since changing over to white only!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 05:20   #73
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Yes ... that's what I was talking about: John Wayne toilet paper, "it's rough, and it's tough, and it don't take s**t from nobody."

PMSL Eric that is a good one!!!

Back to topic I hang ours near to wall O/H turns it round LOL
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 07:57   #74
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

who'd of thought that a topic about loo roll would be a long one

LOL....mines on the wall next to the loo
Old 24-10-2007, 15:37   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
who'd of thought that a topic about loo roll would be a long one

LOL....mines on the wall next to the loo
That's because there is little in life more satisfying or important than sitting on the throne with the morning paper and that first cup of coffee. It's as close to heaven as most of us will get.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..