Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2007, 23:12   #76
Accy Goddess

Re: Loo Rolls

Oh, dear another little peculiarity my daughter has inherited from me. I to have been known to change the loo roll round.
Mick has this bad habit of putting it the wrong way round and I have to change it.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-10-2007, 16:35   #77
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Loo Rolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
something else I have noticed over the years ....toilet paper is narrower in mainland Europe (France and Germany) than the UK or the US , suppose its one way of saving natural resources

I used to have a very old loo roll holder and as the years rolled by you could see the loo rolls getting narrower and narrower but going up in price. After all who would notice if the roll was just one eighth of an inch narrower than last week.

My current roll is 110mm wide and it would have been sliced from a great big long roll maybe 3000 mm wide to give 27 rolls with just 3mm wastage. If you reduced the roll width to 107mm you would get 28 rolls and virtually no wastage. Next year reduce the roll width by 4mm and you get 29 rolls. Who would notice?

However I have to deny the rumour that in order to contribute to the reduction of the carbon footprint Parliament is going to legislate so that users MUST use both sides.
Old 25-10-2007, 16:41   #78
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Loo Rolls

Actually the loo roll, just like the toilet seat, has become a weapon in the battle of the sexes.

A few posts have pointed in that direction.
Old 25-10-2007, 18:19   #79
God Member

Re: Loo Rolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
My current roll is 110mm wide and it would have been sliced from a great big long roll maybe 3000 mm wide to give 27 rolls with just 3mm wastage. If you reduced the roll width to 107mm you would get 28 rolls and virtually no wastage. Next year reduce the roll width by 4mm and you get 29 rolls. Who would notice?
Thanks for taking the trouble to confirm my suspicions, since you took the trouble to measure the width of U K toilet paper I can report that once again everything in America is bigger , just measured the stuff in my bathroom and it measures 114 mm (4 1/2 inches) .
Now we need other foriegn correspondents to report in from maybe Australia and Spain etc. to see how they measure up
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..