Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-02-2006, 08:52   #1

Lovely Day

Good Morning everybody what a lovely day its turning out to be.
This is the kind of day were you can really get stuck in to gardening or take the kids for a walk. Im going to finish planting the front of garden, then off to the farm shop to get the veggie's for the tea. What are you lot going to be doing today?

Whatever you decide to do enjoy it.
Old 19-02-2006, 09:00   #2

Re: Lovely Day

good morning to you to! its a beautiful day, gorgeous blue skys. I was going to tackle my ironing mountain but going out instead, i hope you have a lovely day
carolef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2006, 10:35   #3
Resting In Peace

We're going to go over to Accy to visit some friends, actually my ex next door neighbours and we will all be going out for a meal later on this evening. I hope everyone else takes advantage of the lovely weather today as nobody knows how long it will last, it could be pouring with rain for the rest of the week.
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2006, 10:40   #4
Give, give, give member

It is a beautiful day.

My snowdrops are out, the daffodils are tentatively pushing their green tips through the warming soil. Spring is in the air.

I've been for a walk, and am soon going to lie on the sofa with a pot of coffee, a plate of bacon butties, and read all the Sunday papers. All the while listening to all the birds on the nature reserve go mad, and hoping bird flu hasn't crossed the Channel yet.

Bliss.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2006, 11:23   #5
white rabbits

our snowdrops and crocus's are out and allthough we only have pots and tubs it makes you feel that spring has almost sprung..............................
just waiting another 1/2 hour for the roast beef ,then in with the yorkshire puds,,,,
Old 19-02-2006, 16:52   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
It is a beautiful day.

My snowdrops are out, the daffodils are tentatively pushing their green tips through the warming soil. Spring is in the air.

I've been for a walk, and am soon going to lie on the sofa with a pot of coffee, a plate of bacon butties, and read all the Sunday papers. All the while listening to all the birds on the nature reserve go mad, and hoping bird flu hasn't crossed the Channel yet.

Bliss.
Ya' canda ruined that lovely descriptive prose with the last bit Garinda, thought you had fallen soft then ... how wrong can you be.

Lovely red sky now ... so maybe tomorrow ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2006, 17:47   #7
God Member

Julie Siobhan and I ended up at Hollingworth Res near Rochdale. There is a path all the way round which we walked after a lovely meal at 'The Wine Press' pub. It was a nice change of scenery as we hadn't been there before.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 00:53   #8

I took in some sea air and went to visit Blackpool. A good day out, just a shame I had to come home again.
Old 20-02-2006, 00:59   #9
land of hope and glory

wish i had a proper life , and i bet mands does too!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 07:42   #10
God Member

I know how you feel Staggers, just console yourself that you get time off during the week so can go when places are less crowded.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 11:19   #11
Senior Member+

we went back to fleetwood beach for a walk then went to visit mum and dad!! lovely day.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 11:35   #12
God Member

We went to Blackpool ice rink and then had a refreshing walk along the front. We had a leisurely drive back and had tea at a pub that had a big play area for the kids so we let them play in there whilst we had a relaxing tea. A great day.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 13:57   #13
God Member

While it was fine and dandy down there I got soaked to the skin going shopping.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..