Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2008, 22:13   #1
God Member

M65 This Morning

Anybody else see the speed camera van parked up on the hard shoulder of the M65 this morning ?

I know they have always had the patrol cars parked up and checking but first time I have seen an actual camera van doing it. How long have they had that one ?
Old 20-02-2008, 22:23   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: M65 This Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Anybody else see the speed camera van parked up on the hard shoulder of the M65 this morning ?

I know they have always had the patrol cars parked up and checking but first time I have seen an actual camera van doing it. How long have they had that one ?
Yes, I saw it Lancsdave .. just past Junction 7 going West, (thank goodness just doing 75 mph) and then police car a further mile on with red light flashing .. no doubt to stop any transgressors. Two hours later coming the other way was still there .. but police car had joined the van .. maybe having their lunch ..
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 22:25   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Yes, I saw it Lancsdave .. just past Junction 7 going West, (thank goodness just doing 75 mph) and then police car a further mile on with red light flashing .. no doubt to stop any transgressors. Two hours later coming the other way was still there .. but police car had joined the van .. maybe having their lunch ..

Wasn't there coming back but then again I do more than 2 hours work
Old 20-02-2008, 22:29   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Wasn't there coming back but then again I do more than 2 hours work
Well I now find myself in a well-deserved retirement ...(up to press anyway) ..

Bin for a swim at the gym .. that was hard enough work for one day Was about 1 o'clock when I passed coming back.
Old 20-02-2008, 22:31   #5
God Member

Quote:
Well I now find myself in a well-deserved retirement ...(up to press anyway) ..

Bin for a swim at the gym .. that was hard enough work for one day Was about 1 o'clock when I passed coming back.
He was there a while then, I passed at 9am
Old 20-02-2008, 23:36   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Did the van have 2 cameras showing through the 2 back doors. If so I don't think it is a speed camera, I think they are after un taxed cars. The Police car further on is not needed for speeders as they are caught by reg number. If the van spots an untaxed car (or any other they are after) the Police car can then pull him over.
Old 20-02-2008, 23:42   #7
God Member

I thought that they now caught road tax dodgers from the number plate, and just descended with clamps and/or tow vehicle whilst it was parked on a public road -- saw this happen to a neighbour
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 01:07   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

They can't catch them if they are not parked on the road or not registered to the correct address though.
Old 21-02-2008, 08:40   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Did the van have 2 cameras showing through the 2 back doors. If so I don't think it is a speed camera, I think they are after un taxed cars. The Police car further on is not needed for speeders as they are caught by reg number. If the van spots an untaxed car (or any other they are after) the Police car can then pull him over.

Yes it did have the two cameras. Does that mean I didn't have to slam on my brakes after all
Old 21-02-2008, 09:02   #10
Resting in Peace

Could be right Neil, did think it strange re. the other police car, but suppose if anyone was going like the clappers (which they do on there) suppose would have to pull them for safety.

Didn't get chance to see the cameras as passed lorry just at the time was passing van if you know what I mean.

Thought was parked at a strange angle though 45 degrees to the road, cab facing to the road ..

\
-------------------------

Best I can do .. lol.

Not hard shoulder though .. there is another parking bay of somesort and that is were it was when I passed.
Old 21-02-2008, 12:21   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
suppose if anyone was going like the clappers (which they do on there) suppose would have to pull them for safety.
Define 'like the clappers'?

They may have pulled someone but you can't prove speed without a sped camera or following the car. I am pretty sure if I sped past a parked Police car and I saw it set off I would slow down.... well except when I managed to loose a Police car while test driving a Renault 9 turbo in about 1989 .

After all I did not want to pull up on the car sales forecourt and the Police stop behind me

Anyway I did not like the car, I went in looking for a Renault 5 GT Turbo but he threw the keys to the 9 at me and said 'take it for a spin mate, its fast'. It would have been rude not to give it a thrashing after he said that. That's the only time I have taken a car for a test drive without the salesman, I am sure he wanted me to give it some so I would buy it.
Old 21-02-2008, 12:36   #12
God Member

same kind of van (two camera's facing out of the back window) seems to be parked u at the bottom of the hill near tickle trout very regularly, with cops parked at top of the hill ready to pull you over, always catches me off guard as im coming round the corner to it
Old 21-02-2008, 15:16   #13

Quote:

I rang them and asked and they bought it off a guy in liverpool last wednesday for £400
Old 21-02-2008, 18:54   #14
God Member

Its illegal to stop on the hard shoulder no matter who you are. report him.

If I saw them I would do it myself like I did when I overtook the range rover with teh driver sending a text. I was assured they wouldn't see a police car for 6 months min.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 19:06   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Its illegal to stop on the hard shoulder no matter who you are. report him.

If I saw them I would do it myself like I did when I overtook the range rover with teh driver sending a text. I was assured they wouldn't see a police car for 6 months min.
They weren't on the hard shoulder when I saw them Entwisi. See #10

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..