Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2011, 09:05   #31
Bee
I am Banned

Re: Mass murder in Norway

R.i.p.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-08-2011, 16:11   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Rather sad day yesterday in Norway.
Seems that the murderer is a far right extremist.
Wonder if that would happen here?
To be honest, I am lost for words on this senseless massacre.

BBC News - Norway's far right not a spent force
Did anyone else notice that one of the main photos allegedly showing this guy holding a gun with sights on it and wearing combat gear - the face angle of head indicates it was photoshopped in place - that the head does not fit with the body - why would they do this?

Also on the Monday Tuesday after the shootings the British press were saying the death toll was 96 - 3 days latter that was reduced by 20 to 76!

Last edited by kestrelx; 03-08-2011 at 16:18.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 16:33   #33
God Member

I found an internet forum where many of the photographs and videos were show to be 'doctored'.
There was even some evidence that victims photos were photoshopped too - eg. the same photo appeared under different names - one with a hat and one without.

No doubt an incident happened, but whether it was on the large scale publicised is debateable.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 17:44   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Did anyone else notice that one of the main photos allegedly showing this guy holding a gun with sights on it and wearing combat gear - the face angle of head indicates it was photoshopped in place - that the head does not fit with the body - why would they do this?

Also on the Monday Tuesday after the shootings the British press were saying the death toll was 96 - 3 days latter that was reduced by 20 to 76!
Must be a conspiracy
Old 03-08-2011, 17:47   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Must be a conspiracy
Very perceptive of you

Old 03-08-2011, 18:00   #36
JFT96

Just returned from Oslo yesterday, why don't you two pop over, I am sure the Norwegians will love to hear your idea's and views.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 18:07   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Very perceptive of you
Quick on me Margaret
Old 03-08-2011, 18:44   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Just returned from Oslo yesterday, why don't you two pop over, I am sure the Norwegians will love to hear your idea's and views.
If the event effects have been escalated, what makes you think that the population of Norway will have more detailed knowledge.

Unless you were actually part of the event you can't possibly know how much of the media info is true

Old 03-08-2011, 19:13   #39
God Member

Seems to me the tragedy/story is being used/twisted/spun by the "left" , instead of being the actions of some lone nutter its being used as a tool to clamp down on folks who may have legitimate grievances on the percieved Islamification of Europe
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 20:33   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Seems to me the tragedy/story is being used/twisted/spun by the "left" , instead of being the actions of some lone nutter its being used as a tool to clamp down on folks who may have legitimate grievances on the percieved Islamification of Europe
Crossed my mind too ... It might not be a popular position in the wake of the massacre, but there are probably folks who share many of the beliefs of the killer, albeit to a lesser and saner degree; these are people who would never go to the extremes he did, or even contemplate doing so. From a distance, it appears to me that the greatest threats to the nations of Europe are: the EU, the more extreme forms of Islam, and unchecked immigration. Over this side of the pond, are two great nations (need I say which) that are built by immigrants, and, in the case of Canada, thrive and grow on the contributions of selected immigrants. (Although the First Nations folks have a different, and quite valid opinion). Canada is now searching for, arresting, and deporting all those who have no right to be in OUR country.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 22:31   #41
Give, give, give member

According to some reports in the press, he's already Photo Shopped himself, by having plastic surgery to appear more Aryan.

Norway shooting: Anders Behring Breivik had plastic surgery to look more Aryan | Mail Online

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:22   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
According to some reports in the press, he's already Photo Shopped himself, by having plastic surgery to appear more Aryan.

Norway shooting: Anders Behring Breivik had plastic surgery to look more Aryan | Mail Online
That is a valid point as the guy looks seriously stern with his blue eyes and fixed stare - there is something strange about him but that photo does look odd - like the heads been stuck on - or perhaps it could be his head!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..