Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2013, 18:24   #1
I am Banned

Missing

flashy, jaysay, Eric and 4 others like this.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2013, 19:22   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Missing

Pretty ironic quoting 1945 and then going on about liberals and multiculturalism.

Why bother posting this trash, created by trash.
susie123 likes this.
Old 16-02-2013, 19:41   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Pretty ironic quoting 1945 and then going on about liberals and multiculturalism.

Why bother posting this trash, created by trash.
If you had any understanding of the poster you would have read the operative words. "SINCE 1945", just incase you are not aware, we are now in the year 2013
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 19:57   #4

Care to expand on your views on why you have posted this???
Old 16-02-2013, 20:43   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
If you had any understanding of the poster you would have read the operative words. "SINCE 1945", just incase you are not aware, we are now in the year 2013
Posting this almost tarnishies my respect for all the great work you do and the knowledge you have. Don't you get it? Do you know what kind of people post these things? They forget why the war was fought in the first place. More so they are the kind of people that were on the other side.
Old 16-02-2013, 20:51   #6
Senior Member+

Old 16-02-2013, 20:53   #7

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Obviously NF or EDL garbage...no backbone since 1945??

Korea, Falklands, Gulf, Kosovo, Afghan to name but a few...
Restless and tommiasfc like this.
Old 16-02-2013, 23:05   #8

I understand what he's getting at, no one can deny this country has become a joke where hard working, law abiding people are just taken for granted whilst the rest of the country just takes the mick and abuses every system and law.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 23:32   #9
Senior Member+

Its more facebook spread crap. I see this crap all the time on facebook and now its getting posted here.
Alan Varrechia and susie123 like this.
Old 16-02-2013, 23:51   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Obviously NF or EDL garbage...no backbone since 1945??

Korea, Falklands, Gulf, Kosovo, Afghan to name but a few...
I don't believe that the spinelessness the poster refers to has anything to do with the failed or flawed military misadventures you mention. That type was the hallmark of governments in the 30s. I see it as being more about trading your birthright for a mess of potage. The mess of potage being pc-ism, the EU, and a quirky interpretation of multiculturalism which involves abject surrender of what it means to be British ... as if Britishness were something to be ashamed of.
jaysay and westendlass like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2013, 07:33   #11

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I don't believe that the spinelessness the poster refers to has anything to do with the failed or flawed military misadventures you mention. That type was the hallmark of governments in the 30s. I see it as being more about trading your birthright for a mess of potage. The mess of potage being pc-ism, the EU, and a quirky interpretation of multiculturalism which involves abject surrender of what it means to be British ... as if Britishness were something to be ashamed of.
Sorry, I just don't buy that....just what exactly is this missing Britishness that people who make facebook memes like this yearn for?

Is it cloth caps, whippets and ferrets. Chatting over the garden fence in hair net and curlers? Is it men in tights saying 'alas poor Yorick'? Is it blokes with funny hats made out of bearskin stood in little boxes? Is it port and cigars for the men while the women withdraw to the drawing room?
Old 17-02-2013, 13:09   #12
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Sorry, I just don't buy that....just what exactly is this missing Britishness that people who make facebook memes like this yearn for?
I'd assume a point in our history when we were all pretty much the same, a "wasp" nation, the language was English & those that came here were helped but also assimilated into our society. They chose UK because of it's inherent values, integrity & acceptance, because they wanted something better for their offspring than what faced them had they remained in their country of origin.

We had immigration in the past but it was better managed, controlled & usually from countries where we'd held sway for many years & as such influenced the acceptance & development of a society loosely based on our own, politically, judicially & so forth. Those coming in understood the status quo & came to UK prepared to accept things as they were, they'd expect to work & give to their new chosen "Home".

Over the last 30 or so years that vision has ceased to be, many modern migrants come to these shores expecting much but making very little effort to fit within the framework of our nation & it's values. This because to many bleeding hearts & apologists have seen to it that we wicked colonialists should atone for the sins of our fathers & we should be the supplicants in this relationship & give without question.

The demographics of the UK have been getting steadily more skewed with the passage of time & the influx of foreigners. The British are becoming a mongrel nation without any true core or shared past to bind them, our history is being eradicated & erased, our language sidelined & our culture engulfed in a deluge of superstition, foreign beliefs & the progressive creep of religious bigotry.

I'm not aware of any other European country where entry is so readily available & facilitated by the powers that be. As a bare minimum the host nations language should be learnt & understood to a level where the applicant can face interview & form filling alone without support of an interpretor. If this basic standard can't be achieved what does that say about the prospects for the future of the British nation ?

And if as you say cloth capped men & headscarfed women, gossiping over the garden fence, is this longed for idyll then so be it, I wouldn't have any worries about offending someones sensibilities by offering a drop of Port to them & It'd be immaterial if those wearing the aforesaid head covers are white, black yellow or brown at least we'd all have a common bond & the gossip would be in English.
Shurm, sm_counsell, Eric and 3 others like this.
Old 24-02-2013, 14:43   #13
I am Banned

Groovster thinks retlaw likes a good old world war
groovster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 19:20   #14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovster View Post
Groovster thinks retlaw likes a good old world war
Is there much point in banning people when they then reappear with a slightly amended user name?
Old 24-02-2013, 20:14   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Is there much point in banning people when they then reappear with a slightly amended user name?
I have this recurring boil on my left butt cheek ... those who wish, or feel the need, may now do the technicolor yawn ... I think I'll call it Groove.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..