Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2006, 09:05   #31
Junior Member+

Re: New Subway store!!!!

Originally Posted by shakermaker
"Why go to a small Subway which won't fit enough people in and won't have an up-to-date menu (offers, promotions etc) when the Subway in Burnley is a half an hour bus ride away & offers people the proper version; not a miniaturised embarrasing effort. "

Shakermaker u need to get your facts right as in fact every Subway has to stick to strict standards and regulations which includes all the offers, promo`s etc, as they r all independently run by franchisees.

Why would a brand new store not have an "up to date menu" ?? I would much rather go to somewhere like Subway where you know the hygiene and food standards are excellent, and you know exactly what u r getting.

I recently went to stratford upon avon and the town is full of chains but is absolutely thriving so at the end of the day this is supply and demand, what woukd we rather an old run down town with a few struggling privately owned shops or investment in the town that is providing jobs for the community??
dandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-08-2006, 11:02   #32
God Member

Lets see nice big ranch or steaak bake and vannilla slice uuuuuummmmmmm think it would be the ranch with a coke. Whats wrong with having an alternative to Greggs and Oddies? As for Mcdonalds well I have eaten the baguettes and think they are over priced.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:38   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandare
Why would a brand new store not have an "up to date menu" ??
Because the small store wouldn't have the stock space that the one in Burnley has for example; offers & promotions would run out extremely quickly - just what happens in the Accy McD's & the Accy KFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Why? because you can't nip to Burnley and back in your lunch break.
err...what's wrong with taking your own buttie to work instead munching on a minging grease packed sandwich.

It annoys my that in an age where we are aware of all the health risks around - a privilege unknown by generations before us - that councils are allowing this crap to be served as 'food' in our town & aiding the gross obesity we are beginning to see in a large percentage of our youth.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:43   #34
God Member

Subway is quite good for you providing you eat the right thing, they specificly state the healthy foods on menus and things inside too.

Its not aiding gross obesity cause some guy did the 'Subway Challenge' type thing (Like mcdonalds supersize me) and lost an awfull lot of weight (although admitidly he exercised too) but the point is its pretty healthy providing you don't pick meatballs with extra cheese every single time you visit
Old 12-08-2006, 11:50   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr
Subway is quite good for you providing you eat the right thing, they specificly state the healthy foods on menus and things inside too.
Its not aiding gross obesity cause some guy did the 'Subway Challenge' type thing (Like mcdonalds supersize me) and lost an awfull lot of weight (although admitidly he exercised too)
'Pretty healthy' compared to McDonald's is really not saying much.
& that Subway challenge only proves that Subways products are full of empty calories, thus not good for you!
Old 12-08-2006, 12:04   #36
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
err...what's wrong with taking your own buttie to work instead munching on a minging grease packed sandwich.
We don't really care which minger you are munching at lunch time
Old 12-08-2006, 12:05   #37
God Member

Speak for yourself Neil!
Old 12-08-2006, 12:06   #38
God Member

Meh I just believe in choice, we don't have to go to subway or mcdonalds if we don't want... but then again there has to be a balance...
E.g. At the moment I have a choice if I go in to poundland or not, but if I continue to do that then eventualy I won't be able to go in to any shops in accrington as they're all going to end up as such shops..

I don't think i've explained that very well
Old 12-08-2006, 12:11   #39
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Meh I just believe in choice, we don't have to go to subway or mcdonalds if we don't want... but then again there has to be a balance...
E.g. At the moment I have a choice if I go in to poundland or not, but if I continue to do that then eventualy I won't be able to go in to any shops in accrington as they're all going to end up as such shops..

I don't think i've explained that very well
What on earth did that that mean mate
Old 12-08-2006, 12:13   #40
God Member

Quote:
Meh I just believe in choice, we don't have to go to subway or mcdonalds if we don't want...
That's the case until people get addicted to this crap. (as proved by morgan spurlock)

Quote:
I see what you're trying to say & I agree, & that is the danger that our town faces.
No, not that I agree with you - that all the shops in Accy are going to turn out taccy, bland, and an overwhelming eyesore. Poundland, Poundstretcher, poundshrinker...it's like Laurence Llewellyn Bowen's hall of fame.
Old 12-08-2006, 14:58   #41
God Member

If you can get addicted to fast food then I am addicted to the hot cooked chicken from Supermarkets. At the end of the day if you vary were you go for a sarnie burger takeaway etc then it shouldnt do you any harm if its in mderation.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 17:18   #42

Reference Starbucks.....why would you want to pay so much for a cup of coffee? Especially those sickly sweet things with the whipped cream!
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 19:25   #43
Beacon of light

The new Subway shop is going to be situated in Union Street where the now defunct Sue Ryder shop used to be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 19:26   #44
Beacon of light

I don't know about over here, but in Oz they are very health conscious and they state which of their products is low calorie, low fat etc....so at the end of the day, it is down to taste and choice.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 19:29   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
The new Subway shop is going to be situated in Union Street where the now defunct Sue Ryder shop used to be.
I'm looking forward to it.
Its good fresh food, gives us more choice and helps keep Accy busy.
david niv is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..