Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2006, 22:19   #46
God Member

Re: New Subway store!!!!

So your getting a Subway instead of a charity shop. Thats a good deal isn't it?
Mc Donalds are exellent quality and very very clean as are subway, the kitchens are open you can see how clean they are.
Mc Donalds have also added a lot of new products and improved old ones since supersize me. There were no salads or baguettes back then, no apples and no carrot sticks or milk.

Gayle is right of course, these are key national stores, they encourage other nationals, which you want a certain amount of in Accrington. They do this because companies know that they encourage families into the town. Kids like fasr food as a treat, you can't get away from that fact, and parents will take them where those outlets are, even if it meant travelling to blackburn.
I'm trying to get a Mc Donalds here but no one will listen
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-08-2006, 22:26   #47
God Member

Guess the UK McDonalds libel trial had some positive effects , pity it didn't get the same media coverage it deserved here in the US , Here McDonalds are still serving up the same super-sized junk
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 22:28   #48
God Member

Madhatter - you know aswell as anyone that carrott sticks & apple pieces aren't desirable for the kids; they're only there to keep the Food Standards Agency happy.

I'm sorry but to me with these stores, whatever size their products are; it's all commercial plastic junk that makes towns look bland & lifeless.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2006, 22:54   #49
God Member

Desirable to me though, I love carrot sticks.
They are what they are Shakermaker, an I think You see that better than anyone on here. They are fast food, not what I'd class as real food. You do need real food outlets too. They may be bland and lifeless but they attract people, but not if all you've got is Mc ds and a subway, you need other shops too.
I always think of them as plastic stores, you expect them, but don't really respect them.
Old 13-08-2006, 23:00   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack
Guess the UK McDonalds libel trial had some positive effects , pity it didn't get the same media coverage it deserved here in the US , Here McDonalds are still serving up the same super-sized junk
LOL thats cos we respect ourselves and don't wanna gorge ourselves on supersized junk everyday. It's all about customer demand, not libel. If stuff doesn't sell, they stop stocking it, simple as. Quite a few things have gone off the menu here.
Salads might not be as popular as a bic mac but they are popular as are the baguettes.
I like a chicken ranch salad with a nice cup of tea, or a chicken baguette with a cuppa.
Also nice is a side salad with vinegarette dressing and chicken nuggets.
Old 13-08-2006, 23:02   #51

I worked at McDonalds for two weeks. It was unbelievably clean and their hygiene [sp?] was fantastic. Its suprising how they keep on top of the cleaning etc.

You will be suprised!!
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2006, 14:08   #52
Senior Member+

wahay just seen where they're building the new store - its in a good place - wud've worked better on broadway but its all good
Old 15-08-2006, 14:11   #53
God Member

Can I destroy it on the accrington flight sim though?
Old 15-08-2006, 14:41   #54
Senior Member+

i dont think it exists yet
Old 15-08-2006, 19:44   #55

To be perfectly honest I don't think McDonalds is in the same league as Subway.....Subway serve fresh healthy sandwiches...McDonalds is just fatty greasy junk food. Has no one ever looked under the paper place mats and looked at their meal's content... it's kind of unreal... and I couldn't actually believe my it when I heard a couple of girls were suing McDonalds for making them obese...and won...that is the most stupid thing i've ever heard.

Lea
x
ploppysirploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2006, 20:15   #56
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploppysirploppy
Subway serve fresh healthy sandwiches...
x
if you consider re heated microwaved food healthy then yes they do
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2006, 20:25   #57

A lot more healthy than a greasy burger.
Lea
x
ploppysirploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2006, 20:45   #58
Beacon of light

Mc D's served salads in Spain way back in the 80's.........I know because I used to take my Ma in there for a garden salad with Marie Rose sauce on it.......it was the only thing I would eat from their establishment.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2006, 21:34   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploppysirploppy
A lot more healthy than a greasy burger.
Lea
x
If you know the slightest detail of the process of producing the 'greasy' burgers at McDonalds (which im taking it you dont) you would know that all the excess 'grease/fat' whatever you wish to call it, is drained before being placed for the customer.

So thats one 100% Beef, drained of fat and grease burger. Thanks.

I would agrue that 'Subway' is far to overpriced for what you get. Its probably cheaper to buy a loaf of bread, a whole chicken breast and a fresh salad from th'Asda than buy a Chicken 'Roll' at Subway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
if you consider re heated microwaved food healthy then yes they do
Valid point. I believe Subway have their 'fresh' rolls delivered boxed up, frozen from a depot, probably some day journey in the back of a van away. Which is then heated in the microwave to be served 'freshly' to the paying customer.

So thats one frozen, re-heated chicken sandwitch served on a previously hard, now gone soggy roll. Thanks.
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2006, 21:39   #60
I am Banned

subway also chuck the meat into the microwave as well as the roll

dont get me wrong after a few pints it tastes better than a kebab but as a rule i dont eat microwaved food especialy meat

unless drunk as stated above :-)
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..