Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2013, 09:04   #46
I am Banned

Re: Nigel Evans

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
One explanation I have read about the forehead wound, is that it could have been sustained in a ritual enactment of 'Hiram Abiff '.

I had to google - and found this very amusing re-enactment of a grand master masonic ritual.

Note that the mason gets struck on the head during it.

Even if it isn't true it is worth learning what these 'boys in pinnies' get up to
That of course is on the assumption that the video you have posted is true also Margaret R
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-05-2013, 09:15   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well i just don't buy it, knowing a couple of masons n knowing they aint that stupid., but i will make enquiries.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:21   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
That of course is on the assumption that the video you have posted is true also Margaret R
After I found and posted that I did more googling and found lots more mason rituals detailed, and numerous references to that one. Some are amusingly gauche, some are alarmingly sinister.

They are all supposed to be kept secret, but such bizarre practices are bound to leak out over time from ex-masons, and from the masons own publications landing in hands of non masons.

The subject matter is vast, and rituals are derived from old testament and knights templar history.

In these days of worldwide communication it is more difficult for anything to remain secret.

To me they will remain as 'boys in pinnies who like playing secret games'. What is unsettling is the influence they have in our society because many of them are high ranking and control much of what happens to the rest of us.

Last edited by MargaretR; 07-05-2013 at 09:26.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:31   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well i just don't buy it, knowing a couple of masons n knowing they aint that stupid., but i will make enquiries.
Amongst my research I learned that lower rank masons are 'kept in the dark' by those of higher rank.

The 'heavy stuff' is only for above grandmaster (3rd degree) rank.*
They are bound by oath to deny you any info - so don't expect to learn anything from any mason who still attends a lodge (or from most ex members who know that they can be intimidated still)

*PS http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/texts/masonic_degrees.html

Last edited by MargaretR; 07-05-2013 at 09:35.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:46   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Amongst my research I learned that lower rank masons are 'kept in the dark' by those of higher rank.

They are bound by oath to deny you any info - so don't expect to learn anything from any mason who still attends a lodge (or from most ex members who know that they can be intimidated still)
Oh i'm well aware they aint gonna tell me owt, Also well aware if someone i have known all me life is telling porkies. Its what people don't say in many cases.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:53   #51
God Member

The official version of the head wound is - 'accidental damage during reiki massage' - balderdash.

Reiki practitioners treat the 'auric field' which involves hands hovering above the body and sometimes hand placement - ie. not anything vigorous enough to cause that injury.

He may have had some sort of massage, not reiki

Last edited by MargaretR; 07-05-2013 at 09:56.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:58   #52
Resting in Peace

Quote:

*PS The orders and degrees of the masonic family
To me this is only relevant if you do give a damn, I don't ho hum
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:35   #53
I am Banned

Quote:
The official version of the head wound is - 'accidental damage during reiki massage' - balderdash.

Reiki practitioners treat the 'auric field' which involves hands hovering above the body and sometimes hand placement - ie. not anything vigorous enough to cause that injury.

He may have had some sort of massage, not reiki
Margaret unusual for you I know but you are way off beam....it's common knowledge in Pendleton that Nigel was celebrating Ashura and had been "hitting Haidar"
Old 07-05-2013, 10:39   #54
God Member

Buddhists don't hit lions - silly boy - go change your pinny

Old 07-05-2013, 10:42   #55
I am Banned

Quote:
Buddhists don't hit lions - silly boy - go change your pinny
Once a year, on Ashura, the streets of the southern Lebanese town of Nabatieh fill with the sour, rusty smell of blood mixed with grilled meat and oranges, as thousands of people dressed in black make their way to the central square to mourn.
Ashura, the tenth day the mourning period for slain Imam Hussein, grandson of the Prophet Mohammad, is a the festival of blood in Nabatieh, one of the few places in the world where the Shia men and children shave their heads, cut their foreheads and let their blood flow for the imam.
In the sea of men dressed in white who have been cutting themselves every year since the fall of the Ottoman Empire, when the Shia gained the right to practice their rituals, a few young women with bleeding foreheads stand out.
“Let’s go hit Haidar,” say the young men in white capes. They stand in contrast to the other attendees who wear black to mourn but who do not perform the bloody ritual. “Hitting Haidar” is the popular name of the bloodletting ritual in which the young men cut the skin on their foreheads and hit it with swords to make it bleed more while chanting “Haidar! Haidar!”—which means lion in old Arabic, one of the nicknames of Imam Ali, the prophet’s son-in-law and cousin, and Imam Hussein’s father.
Groups of 10 to 20 men and young boys covered in blood do their short Ashura round, circling the town’s market, while professional actors hired by the municipality get ready to reenact the imam’s slaying in the Battle of Karbala in the 7th century. Most women, dressed in black, stand on the side of the streets and turn their heads with horror at the sight of so much blood. But for the young men and children who take part in the bloodletting, the ritual is an honor.
“I am doing it for Imam Hussein for his sacrifice. It is my sacrifice for him, I’m doing this since I was six,” 12-year-old Ali, who just finished his round, tells NOW Lebanon as he rushes giggling toward the Red Cross tent to wait in line to get stitched.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:45   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Yeh but they won't do that oer here, would ruin the Kebabs.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:47   #57
God Member

Interesting - didn't know Ashura also had Islamic or hindu connections.
I don't know if he 'does' any religion, but that sounds possible but less likely than the masonic theory.

From Wiki -"The Buddhist asuras are broadly derived, in general character, from the wicked asuras of Hinduism, but have acquired some very distinctive myths which are only found in Buddhist texts."

Last edited by MargaretR; 07-05-2013 at 10:52.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:49   #58
I am Banned

Quote:
Yeh but they won't do that oer here, would ruin the Kebabs.
Rusty smell of blood, grilled meat and oranges Mr C.... just across from the Broadway
Old 07-05-2013, 17:04   #59
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Interesting - didn't know Ashura also had Islamic or hindu connections.
I don't know if he 'does' any religion, but that sounds possible but less likely than the masonic theory.

From Wiki -"The Buddhist asuras are broadly derived, in general character, from the wicked asuras of Hinduism, but have acquired some very distinctive myths which are only found in Buddhist texts."
He often goes to Chapel when he goes home to Wales
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 17:13   #60
God Member

Quote:
You can always ask me ... I've been a Mason for about 30 years.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..