Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2013, 19:09   #1
Senior Member+

Nigel Evans

Just seen on telegraph website that Nigel Evans M.P.has been arrested on suspicion of rape and sexual assault
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2013, 19:18   #2
Full Member+

Re: Nigel Evans

Really! The 'whos he' of politicians ? This will be interesting.
Old 04-05-2013, 19:35   #3
God Member

so he has a particular type then

torys usually screw everybody

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 19:56   #4
God Member

lets hope its just accusations and not true.
Old 04-05-2013, 20:05   #5
God Member

its a tory MP its probbably worse

at least no ones been found choked on an orange yet

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 21:43   #6
God Member

This sexual assault thingy seems to be getting quite common over there .... What next? Andy Pandy accused of hanky panky with Looby Loo? Starting to sound like a Rochester poem ... "Much wine had passed, with grave discourse ....... "
Restless likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 22:51   #7

He looks guilty
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:50   #8
God Member

preston police station has been busy.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:14   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
lets hope its just accusations and not true.
This is a good thing in my view, They should start hoisting these as well, There will be quite a few real high profile uns crapping blue lights i should think.
MargaretR likes this.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:27   #10
Resting in Peace

I actually Know Nigel quite well, in fact he's on my friends list on Facebook, this seems very uncharacteristic, he would be the last person I'd think of being charged with this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:29   #11
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
This is a good thing in my view, They should start hoisting these as well, There will be quite a few real high profile uns crapping blue lights i should think.
Early days yet Mr C.... they've not sworn the jury in even and the lynch mobs are circling.
Good job we haven't got the Guillotine or that shop on Bank Street would be selling out of knitting patterns.
"Is it still open?"

The Canadian Minister for Tourism 'll be on telling us abour Mr Coupard and his slaying by Joseph Neel
ont Ile aux Chiens this aft
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:09   #12
God Member

he might be a tory, but i would be astonished if he was guilty.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:22   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
he might be a tory, but i would be astonished if he was guilty.
I would be even more astonished if yeh are correct.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:31   #14
God Member

There have been so many seedy revelations lately that nothing surprises me any more.

Sexual deviance from the norm is more common amongst politicians than in the general population.

Often political career advancement depends on 'who you know', and those who are blackmailable more likely to be controllable by their mentor, which is useful when you need an MP to 'toe the party line.'

Many are closet gays. Nigel Evans 'came out'. Many don't. It could be that by doing so he poses a risk to those he knows haven't come out. Perhaps they now regard him as a potential threat rather than a controllable asset.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:49   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
There have been so many seedy revelations lately that nothing surprises me any more.

Sexual deviance from the norm is more common amongst politicians than in the general population.

Often political career advancement depends on 'who you know', and those who are blackmailable more likely to be controllable by their mentor, which is useful when you need an MP to 'toe the party line.'

Many are closet gays. Nigel Evans 'came out'. Many don't. It could be that by doing so he poses a risk to those he knows haven't come out. Perhaps they now regard him as a potential threat rather than a controllable asset.
PS his 'mentor' was William Hague
cmonstanley likes this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..