Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2012, 09:48   #61

Re: Nigel Farage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
No joke - 5 mins ago I was going to post exactly what you said here before you said it! Does that link in with the Olympics? One World Order!
It just seemed the obvious quote having read the previous posts. I know it sounds a bit "conspiracy" but the EU does pose a threat to democracy I believe.
Old 12-10-2012, 23:00   #62

Reaction from Elio Di Rupo, the Belgian PM, on the EU winning the Nobel Peace Prize:

"This choice shows that the European project continues to inspire the world today. The European Union was originally the dream of people and politicians in search of peace and prosperity for all citizens. It has become a strong symbol of cooperation and progress. Europe, a continent that was torn by terrible wars, thanks to the European Union is an example for the world of peaceful dialogue and conflict prevention."

And so say all of us.
ToffeeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 23:53   #63
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToffeeGuy View Post
Reaction from Elio Di Rupo, the Belgian PM, on the EU winning the Nobel Peace Prize:

"This choice shows that the European project continues to inspire the world today. The European Union was originally the dream of people and politicians in search of peace and prosperity for all citizens. It has become a strong symbol of cooperation and progress. Europe, a continent that was torn by terrible wars, thanks to the European Union is an example for the world of peaceful dialogue and conflict prevention."

And so say all of us.
You are joking of course, aren't you? Peace and prosperity?...cooperation and progress?...riots in Greece, Spain, Portugal and Italy...savage cuts in living standards, just so that the doomed euro project can stagger on for a few months longer...a totally corrupt organisation whose own auditors have refused to sign its accounts off for 14 (or is it 15?) years running...a totally contemptuous attitude towards that rides roughshod over national sovereignty...a demand for a 4.9% rise in its budget, when all governments are reducing their national budgets.

And as for your fatuous "And so say all of us" line, do we really? Tell you what then, put it to a national referendum and see if "all of us" say that. You along with Graham Jones, David Cameron, Ed Milliband and the rest of the political establishment know what sort of answer you'll get!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 13-10-2012 at 00:01.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 10:37   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
You are joking of course, aren't you? Peace and prosperity?...cooperation and progress?...riots in Greece, Spain, Portugal and Italy...savage cuts in living standards, just so that the doomed euro project can stagger on for a few months longer...a totally corrupt organisation whose own auditors have refused to sign its accounts off for 14 (or is it 15?) years running...a totally contemptuous attitude towards that rides roughshod over national sovereignty...a demand for a 4.9% rise in its budget, when all governments are reducing their national budgets.

And as for your fatuous "And so say all of us" line, do we really? Tell you what then, put it to a national referendum and see if "all of us" say that. You along with Graham Jones, David Cameron, Ed Milliband and the rest of the political establishment know what sort of answer you'll get!
Well said! As someone said "It's a disgrace!" that the EU has been given the Nobel Peace Prize - it may have been Nigel Farage.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 12:19   #65

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:

And so say all of us.
Exclude me from the 'us' too.

I suggest that a peaceful Europe has more to do with NATO than the fat cat bureacrats that infest the European Parliament
Old 13-10-2012, 12:28   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

And so say all of us.
Well ive seen some crap on here in last 7 yrs or so, but this takes the biscuit!!
Old 13-10-2012, 14:35   #67
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I'm no fan of toffeeguy somehow though, I get the feeling that he may have been tongue in cheek when he said, so say all of us.
I certainly hope so.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 14:49   #68
Senior Member+

It's Germany who should have got the Peace Prize!
They've conquered Europe without firing a shot.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 15:21   #69
Beacon of light

As for promoting democracy...the EU wouldn't know democracy from a hole in the ground.
Is it democracy to send countries back to vote again when the outcome isn't that that is required by the EU?

The EU is a money pit...and the sooner we are out of it the better off we will all be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 15:28   #70
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
As for promoting democracy...the EU wouldn't know democracy from a hole in the ground.
Is it democracy to send countries back to vote again when the outcome isn't that that is required by the EU?

The EU is a money pit...and the sooner we are out of it the better off we will all be.
...and how richly ironic that the Nobel peace prize is Norwegian - a country that was given a referendum and voted to stay out...twice!
Old 13-10-2012, 16:28   #71
Beacon of light

Do you think Norway awarded it to the EU as a sort of irony thing........? The fact that they stayed out and as a result are rich...we went in and are poor? Sort of rubbing the noses of the EU right in it.
The only two countiries in the EU who are in harmony are France and Germany....seems like it is France's ball and Germany's pitch and the rest of the EU can go hang.

I hate the Eu with such a passion......I don't suppose anyone on here has noticed....have they??
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 17:23   #72
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Do you think Norway awarded it to the EU as a sort of irony thing........? The fact that they stayed out and as a result are rich...we went in and are poor? Sort of rubbing the noses of the EU right in it.
The only two countiries in the EU who are in harmony are France and Germany....seems like it is France's ball and Germany's pitch and the rest of the EU can go hang.

I hate the Eu with such a passion......I don't suppose anyone on here has noticed....have they??
Nigel Farage reckons the Norwegians have a good sense of humour...but, of course, they can afford to laugh with one of the highest standards of living in Europe!
Old 13-10-2012, 17:34   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
It's Germany who should have got the Peace Prize!
They've conquered Europe without firing a shot.
Nice one ... but that Germany should even be included in a Peace Prize We all know why ... or should know why ... the Naz ... oops, that should be "Germans", are now a peaceful nation; and it has nothing to do with their inate love of peace. What next? Mahmoud Ahmadinejad given the honorific, Righteous Among the Nations?

I wonder who else was in the running? My mind is starting to boggle.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 18:38   #74
God Member

Even with a boggling mind, I managed to snag a brewskie from the fridge And as I imbibed, I came up with five runners up for the prize.

1. Bashar al-Assad (son of Half-Assed al-Hassad) for his untiring efforts to bring peace to his troubled country.

2. Kim Jong-un for his ceaseless striving to bring unity and prosperity to a new Korea under his enlightened leadership.

3. Nigel Farage.

4. A leader of the Taliban who wishes to keep his identity and his whereabouts secret.

5. A leader of assorted rapists, murderers, and child soldiers from the Congo ... he also wishes, in all modesty, to remain anonymous and hidden.

In case you are wondering about #3 ... well, I had to stay on topic.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2012, 19:00   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Nice one ... but that Germany should even be included in a Peace Prize We all know why ... or should know why ... the Naz ... oops, that should be "Germans", are now a peaceful nation; and it has nothing to do with their inate love of peace.
Carefull, Eric, you mustn't say Naz?
I always wonder what the Germans did in WW2. Were they neutrals like Ireland?
I know we, the USA, USSR(and of course Canada) fought the Nazis but no broadcasters ever mention which side the Germans fought on.Were they were involved at all?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..