Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-09-2012, 10:15   #1
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Nigel Farage

This man makes me smile every time I listen to him.

I think a lot of what he says makes sense.

Old 23-09-2012, 10:19   #2

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: Nigel Farage

Yeah, he got fined a couple of grand for that little outburst, well worth it though
Old 23-09-2012, 10:24   #3
Super Moderator

The Emperor's new clothes. If only more politicians had the guts to speak out like he does!
Old 23-09-2012, 10:30   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well they may call him a One Trick Pony, but he will get my vote come the time.
Old 23-09-2012, 10:36   #5
Beacon of light

Steve, it would be good, but 'c'mon, aren't they all looking after their own hides.
It doesn't pay them to be outspoken...to support the views of the electorate.....hell, it would lose them money....the only people the MP's are interested in, are themselves.

When their time is up at the Palace of Westminster, they all want a place on the gravy train...speaking out would compromise that.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 10:42   #6
God Member

I thought he was wonderful too, until I read that Rothschild was a major donator to UKIP .

So he is hock to the elite bankers like all the rest
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 10:45   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I thought he was wonderful too, until I read that Rothschild was a major donator to UKIP .

So he is hock to the elite bankers like all the rest
The trick is to use them fer as long as it suits you.
Old 23-09-2012, 10:51   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The trick is to use them fer as long as it suits you.
The only thing is political parties don't progress without finances, withdraw it and they fall on their face
Old 23-09-2012, 10:59   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
When their time is up at the Palace of Westminster, they all want a place on the gravy train...speaking out would compromise that.
I would agree, Margaret, and here's one of the most scandalous examples.

Baroness Ashton absent from two thirds of European Commission meetings - Telegraph

£230,000 a year and she doesn't turn up for two thirds of the meetings. "The most overpaid bureaucrat in the world" as Nigel Farage called her.
Old 23-09-2012, 15:35   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I would agree, Margaret, and here's one of the most scandalous examples.

Baroness Ashton absent from two thirds of European Commission meetings - Telegraph

£230,000 a year and she doesn't turn up for two thirds of the meetings. "The most overpaid bureaucrat in the world" as Nigel Farage called her.
Yeh but that was very disrespectful, even if it was the truth.
Old 23-09-2012, 17:27   #11
God Member

So that's who he is. UKIP. Seem to remember reading in the "Guardian" ... it was yesterday, I think, ... that the UKIP is now ahead of the Lib-Dems in the polls. Not surprizing really. He seems to be speaking out, not only for Britain, but also for the idea of the European Nation State. And he sounds like the guy to vote for if you want someone to "Speak for England", and if you want someone to send an unambiguous message to Labour and the Conservatives. He still hasn't hit the radar on this side of the pond. He's about as well-known over here as Pauline Marois is over there
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2012, 17:39   #12
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
So that's who he is. UKIP. Seem to remember reading in the "Guardian" ... it was yesterday, I think, ... that the UKIP is now ahead of the Lib-Dems in the polls. Not surprizing really. He seems to be speaking out, not only for Britain, but also for the idea of the European Nation State. And he sounds like the guy to vote for if you want someone to "Speak for England", and if you want someone to send an unambiguous message to Labour and the Conservatives. He still hasn't hit the radar on this side of the pond. He's about as well-known over here as Pauline Marois is over there
Well he's been around a while, heard him speak as a candidate in our local constituency in the 1997 election. Been carrying my sick bag around ever since just in case he turns up again.
Old 23-09-2012, 18:22   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Well he's been around a while, heard him speak as a candidate in our local constituency in the 1997 election. Been carrying my sick bag around ever since just in case he turns up again.
But isn't a voice such as his needed in a democracy ... pour l'encourager les autres? And it seems as if les autres need a little incentive to respond to that large constituency in Britain (How large is it? 100% - 95% = ?) ... well at least the five percent of voters who do give "a toss" about membership in the EU. I think an advocatus diaboli should be a compulsory addition to all democracies. Someone should argue against the cannonization of the German vision of a United States of Europe (under Prussian leadership, of course).

Let's face it, Labour and the Conservatives are alarmingly similar ... just like the Liberals and the Conservatives over here. All they seem to argue about are the details. And both parties seem commited to Europe There seem to be occasional rumblings from the tory backbenchers; but this is probably flatulence caused by over indulging at the trough.

Sorry about the French ... it's second nature over here And the phrase is common enough. And it has probably passed into English usage. After all, it was the execution of an English Admiral which gave rise to it
Old 23-09-2012, 18:41   #14
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
But isn't a voice such as his needed in a democracy ... pour l'encourager les autres?
Just don't like the man - rude, cocky, arrogant - watching that clip confirmed it.
Old 23-09-2012, 19:09   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Just don't like the man - rude, cocky, arrogant - watching that clip confirmed it.
Maybe he is ... but, knowing he has a snowball in hell's chance of ever holding power, he can be himself. He doesn't have a mask for public consumption. Until mainstream politicians blow their cool, and scream insults at coppers, we never know what they are like. Or they could be caught off-guard on tape, or in a video ... Hi, Mitt; how's it hangin' buddy This guy can be up front ... he's got nothing to lose. Maybe those folks who think that Cameron is the cat's pajamas, or that the sun shines out of Milleband's posterior orofice might change their minds if these two were caught off guard.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..