Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2008, 01:18   #16
God Member

Re: not enough evidence,doubtful if a crime commited.

There's no evidence other than a bruise.
The police can see that a crime has taken place, Three as you say, but there's no evidence. There's no evidence a crime has been committed so even if they catch the git that did it, there's no crime to answer to. All they need to say is they ran past her, got caught on her handbag and therefore knocked her into the wall. If they'd stolen the handbag and dropped it up the street then that may be different.

Same happened to me and the ex in a club over Birmingham, we decided to have the last dance together and left her jacket over the dance floor banister, each of us watching it as we smooched round, horrible yob waited till my back was turned and thought ex would be too dozy, made a mistake though didn't he cos she was watching and was over like a rat up a drainpipe. He dropped it run towards the door and said oh sorry it caught it as i was passing and it fell off. He tried to steal it but no proof.
I know its wrong, I agree it's wrong but British law is full of technicalities.

Police do look at it differently if its an immigrant because they're frightened immigrant will play the race card.
Unfortunately it's also far more likely to be an immigrant and/or coloured to be doing the crime according to statistics.

I hope your friends are well soon cashman, wounds heal however I know from experience the memories do not. I think crimes of this nature need custodial sentences and therefore I don't agree with custodial sentences for fraud etc, these should be dealt with by paying money back and community service so as to freen up places for criminals who use force and violence, often just for the fun of it or because they don't like the look of someone.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-03-2008, 08:26   #17
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
did you read what i said? "they have no evidence a crime has been commited" as Greg Pope can verify if he cares to comment,unless of course you know better.
If no crime is committed it will not effect the Police crime statistics. I bet you can guess now why they did not want to class it as a crime.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:55   #18
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
If no crime is committed it will not effect the Police crime statistics. I bet you can guess now why they did not want to class it as a crime.
Exactly my thoughts, Neil! Could it be that they have received orders from "on high" not to record certain crimes, so that the Home Secretary can proudly announce that recorded crime is falling...or am I being too cynical as usual?
Old 02-03-2008, 09:28   #19
God Member

It seems that the Police are much more concerned with "Organised Crime", for which read "anyone attempting to grow cannabis at home". This gives them the opportunity to get out the dressing up box and have dramatic and really exciting early morning raids where they get to smash someones front door down and do a lot of really impressive shouting and posing, just like they do in the movies; well it makes a change from hanging around lay-by's all day with a speed camera.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:15   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosencrantz View Post
How do you persue him? In an ideal world that would be the right course of action but I imagine the best description the victim could give was along the lines of a stereotypical teenage tracksuit mugger - and with no other objective witnesses the process would be incredibly difficult. Don't get me wrong, justice definitely wasn't served here, but I'm just not sure how much more action could conceivably be taken under the circumstances.

Edit: I agree, it should definitely go down as an unsolved crime - did it not?
yes it was recorded as an unsolved crime- not immediatly though, forgot to mention the ladys glasses were also smashed in the incident, how do you persue him? i may be old fashioned but i thought a patrol car scouring the area, would at least have some effect if the yob was still in the area. i maintain there was plenty of evidence a crime was commited! i also maintain that the polices job once establishing this was to attempt to GATHER more evidence if possible, if lucky enough to convict, how they have the gall to continually play the "community support" card is well beyond me.Rosencranz i suspect you may not be an apoligist for the establishment in a few years time, if you ever are unfortunate enough to encounter "no justice"
Old 02-03-2008, 10:45   #21
Resting in Peace

When I first read cashy's post I thougt to myself, its a wonder that the police didn't issue a caution to the chap for hit the thug with his stick, thats par for the course these days. I think its quite right that people think the police don't want to know as it would be another unsolved crime, and would make another black mark on government statistics
Old 02-03-2008, 11:17   #22

Sorry to hear about your friends.

More beat coppers is what is required.

There should be a police officer within two minutes of anywhere in the town at any given time, whether on foot or in a vehicle.
How many police officers are actually on duty in the town on a normal working day. You can go for weeks and weeks without seeing one, where do they go, what are they doing ?
Old 02-03-2008, 11:19   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post

There should be a police officer within two minutes of anywhere in the town at any given time, whether on foot or in a vehicle.
How many police officers are actually on duty in the town on a normal working day. You can go for weeks and weeks without seeing one, where do they go, what are they doing ?
agree,this happened just around the corner from you bud,so be wary.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:23   #24
Senior Member+

my eldery aunt was mugged and the police did everything they could, they caught him because he dropped a cigarette at the scene and they tested it and he was in thier system..... My aunt has new locks on her door, wont answer unless she knows who it is and will not go out at night.. she is terrified as she lives on her own and is now scared to go out..... all for the sake of her pension money, which is hardly worth stealing!

An elderly lady from my church was also mugged in the same area, because she is blind. No body was caught as she couldnt give a descripton of the mugger..

The cowards always prey on the most vulnerable, not caring about the consequences for the victim...that makes me really angry!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 11:34   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post

Agreed. The Conservatives have the right idea about that: You can get it if you really want - Conservative Party
Old 02-03-2008, 11:56   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfr View Post
Agreed. The Conservatives have the right idea about that: You can get it if you really want - Conservative Party
I agree Cyfr, but I do wish all politicians would leave pop songs out of their promotions, remember 1997 "things can only get better" things have an habit of coming back and biting you in the bum
Old 02-03-2008, 12:34   #27
God Member

Yes it did make me cringe a little.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:38   #28
Member.

Is there no CCTV in the area, private houses, shops etc.....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 13:01   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Is there no CCTV in the area, private houses, shops etc.....
dont think so doug as its 2 blocks up from the centre.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:24   #30

Well If Mr C, finds out who, action will be taken, not what you know but who you know.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..