Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 14:09   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Now...This is silly and a complete waste of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeadersOffice HBC View Post
Councillor Peter Britcliffe has issued the following statement regarding the Complaint against Councillor Graham Jones for putting forward and approving a scheme to improve his own street at an Area Council meeting in the Autumn of 2008:

"I thank those who are giving me credit for this complaint as Councillor Jones has often vexaciously tried to implicate me in similar situations. However, the first time I knew about this was when I read the Lancashire Evening Telegraph and was told I was getting the blame for this on the Web.

Councillor Jones knows as well as anybody how careful we all have to be so that we do not offend the standards set by his Government. At times it is like treading on egg shells, hence I have never been able to propose Hanging Baskets or Christmas Decorations for the Infant Street area where I have a business interest. It also precluded me from taking part in the Pennine Sq/Peel St development competition as if I had I am quite sure Councillor Jones would have been one of the first to make a complaint. So even though it is Spring, he really should not bleat like a lamb when someone decides to play him at his own game."
why don't you "ALL" grow up n run Hyndburn Properly?
Old 06-04-2009, 14:11   #17
Beacon of light

Hear hear Lindsay.......I couldn't have put it better myself.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 14:13   #18
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
why don't you "ALL" grow up n run Hyndburn Properly?
Because Cashy, they do not understand the phrase 'grow up'....It is an alien concept to them....and as for running Hyndburn properly (sigh)....I don't think they know how.
Old 06-04-2009, 14:16   #19
Beacon of light

And as for this post from The Leaders Office....it makes it sound like this post is from one of the minions.
Why doesn't Peter Britcliffe have the cojones to come out and join the debate properly?
Old 06-04-2009, 14:18   #20
God Member

Quote:
Councillor Peter Britcliffe has issued the following statement regarding the Complaint against Councillor Graham Jones for putting forward and approving a scheme to improve his own street at an Area Council meeting in the Autumn of 2008:

"I thank those who are giving me credit for this complaint as Councillor Jones has often vexaciously tried to implicate me in similar situations. However, the first time I knew about this was when I read the Lancashire Evening Telegraph and was told I was getting the blame for this on the Web.

Councillor Jones knows as well as anybody how careful we all have to be so that we do not offend the standards set by his Government. At times it is like treading on egg shells, hence I have never been able to propose Hanging Baskets or Christmas Decorations for the Infant Street area where I have a business interest. It also precluded me from taking part in the Pennine Sq/Peel St development competition as if I had I am quite sure Councillor Jones would have been one of the first to make a complaint. So even though it is Spring, he really should not bleat like a lamb when someone decides to play him at his own game."
Douche.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 14:22   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
And as for this post from The Leaders Office....it makes it sound like this post is from one of the minions.
Why doesn't Peter Britcliffe have the cojones to come out and join the debate properly?
because as he says he was told he was getting the blame on the web, so from that assume his ass kisser told him.
Old 06-04-2009, 14:24   #22
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Douche.
Am I allowed to ask.....? Is that a typo, or am I missing some alternative humour here.
(just for the uninitiated, a douche is a cleansing procedure only possible in women)
Old 06-04-2009, 14:25   #23
Beacon of light

Ah, so he was 'bleating' too....... as in 'mummy the big boys are hitting me back'!
Old 06-04-2009, 14:26   #24
God Member

Quote:
Am I allowed to ask.....?
Just a misspent youth, Margaret. Too much American TV with filthy humour.

Last edited by shakermaker; 06-04-2009 at 14:29.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 14:26   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Am I allowed to ask.....? Is that a typo, or am I missing some alternative humour here.
(just for the uninitiated, a douche is a cleansing procedure only possible in women)
Perhaps shakers infering he is one? i can live with that.
Old 06-04-2009, 14:28   #26
Beacon of light

I thought it was a 'miss-spelt' youth myself
Anyway at least you now know what a douche is........ a right old shower!
Old 06-04-2009, 14:31   #27
Beacon of light

It made me smile Shaker.
Old 06-04-2009, 14:35   #28
Super Moderator

Quote:

So is this poster someone who is a mouthpiece for PB, or is it PB pretending to be someone who is a mouthpiece for PB?

Either way, it's pathetic.

Whatever Graham Jones's faults, at least he has the bottle to post on here, without this infantile charade. About time you did the same, Councillor Britcliffe.
Old 06-04-2009, 14:39   #29
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I have just read this clip and think I'ts the worst case of witch hunt I have seen for a long time.

Accrington councillor probed over street repairs (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Well said, Royboy39 for bringing this up, when are we going to get our elected representatives, doing what they are there for?

They are there to look after all of our interests and surely that includes their own?

Not separate from everyone that lives near him, but inclusive with what is good for everyone!

Come on P.B. if this is you stirring the mud again stop hiding and admit it, then try working for us all, not just your own political gain.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 14:39   #30
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

What bugs me is that, as a town, Accrington is dying on its' arse. We may promote an excellent council, floral market town etc...... but, this does nothing to attract visitors to our town centre, or the rest of the town for that matter. The demographic of the population in Accy is generally poor and not able to spend lots of money on shopping and entertainment so in order to make any money, we should concentrate on pulling in punters from elsewhere.

Improvements need to be made on our streets and roads and in the areas surrounding the town centre. My mate used to come here for the market, but never bothers anymore because the Blackburn Rd area, despite the money being pumped into it, is what she describes as 'depressing'.

Instead of political point scoring and mud slinging by our council representatives, which is what Accrington people see displayed in the Observer on a weekly basis. Why don't our councillors see sense and start working together regardless of party, and try to improve our dying town in a practical way........... And I don't mean planting a few flowers and declaring us a 'floral market town'

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..