Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 18:05   #61
Beacon of light

Re: Now...This is silly and a complete waste of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I made the same point when the member made their first post....though it was deleted as 'inappropriate'
I didn't see that Garinda.
I just think that he is very sad if he has to be defined by his current political office, especially as at some stage of his life he will no longer be in that position.

I also think that the 'face' you present to the forum is the kind of 'face' you get back......his face has been stiff and officious....not warm and friendly (as most newbies on here have been at some stage) hence his less than warm welcome.
I do not recall seeing him introduce himself either.
Again these are just my opinions.....for what they are worth.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2009, 18:09   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

As for TheLeadersOffice HBC, isn't it a banning offence to log in on this forum under someone else's username, as appears to have happened here, with the issuing of a statement on behalf of Cllr. Britcliffe?
You could have reported this if you had a genuine concern.

It is rather interesting how all the people who condemned Councillor Britcliffe for not having a presence on these forums, are now lashing out and even trying to get his presence removed. These are probably the same people that claim 'at least we can come on here and talk to X councillor, where as Peter Britcliffe never shows his face' knowing full well they could simply phone him up to get a helpful response.
Old 06-04-2009, 18:10   #63
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I didn't see that Garinda.
I just think that he is very sad if he has to be defined by his current political office, especially as at some stage of his life he will no longer be in that position.

I also think that the 'face' you present to the forum is the kind of 'face' you get back......his face has been stiff and officious....not warm and friendly (as most newbies on here have been at some stage) hence his less than warm welcome.
I do not recall seeing him introduce himself either.
Again these are just my opinions.....for what they are worth.
I've been asked to make a statement on behalf of Garinda.

He agrees with you.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 18:19   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post

It is rather interesting how all the people who condemned Councillor Britcliffe for not having a presence on these forums, are now lashing out and even trying to get his presence removed. These are probably the same people that claim 'at least we can come on here and talk to X councillor, where as Peter Britcliffe never shows his face' knowing full well they could simply phone him up to get a helpful response.

I have just this minute spoken to Councillor Jones, out in the rain, knocking on doors, seeing if any of his constituents had problems. He knew nothing about the furore on here and when I enlightened him he said categorically that he had let those concerned know about his address, it's at the top of all his council headed paper too, and he made it very clear that he would have been as keen to get the pothole situation remedied on any street in Accrington; the plain fact is that 3 streets he mentioned are unadopted and therefore a lot worse than most. (He is now also going to look at Water street because I mentioned it)
He also gave me a very informative leaflet, full of useful phone numbers and complete with his email address, residential address and 2 phone numbers.
Nice one Graham, timed brilliantly and good luck in your 7 a side later!
Old 06-04-2009, 18:22   #65
Senior Member+

Oh and Andrew, I am not "condemning" PB at all, it's good that he is finally taking notice of the voices on here, but the arrogant tone and the hiding behind a grand title really aren't helping!
Old 06-04-2009, 18:24   #66
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Excuse me, we don't even know if it is Cllr. Britcliffe.

The member has never introduced themself as such, or intimated it is him, and now the member has used that username to issue a statement on 'behalf of' Cllr. Britcliffe.

That's the reason it hasn't been reported, we don't know it is him, just an associate, and therefore rules may nor have been infringed by posting under another's username.

Old 06-04-2009, 18:27   #67
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I was told by HBC that unadopted roads were nothing to do with them when I complained about ours. Does this mean they were lying? If councillor Jones gets his way I'll certainly be complaining.
See this Yerself:-

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...les-46059.html
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 18:27   #68
God Member

I will try to remember to ask him tomorrow if it's really him!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 18:28   #69
God Member

The attitude portrayed by the posts of this new member is in keeping with the arrogance he is reported as having - ie -he does not directly communicate with those he considers unworthy of his attention

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 18:31   #70
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The attitude portrayed by the posts of this new member is in keeping with the arrogance he is reported as having - ie -he does not directly communicate with those he considers unworthy of his attention
Perhaps I'm 'worthy'.

He's been friendly and very helpful to me recently.

Old 06-04-2009, 18:32   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I must be one of the 'worthy' ones then. Might have been because I picked up the phone and called when I had a problem.
Old 06-04-2009, 18:34   #72
God Member

Indeed it is useful for coucillors to use this outlet if they can, however it is utterly useless if they use it in such a childish manner as Britcliffe has done in this instance. How he can read his own quote in that post and not be embarrassed is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Probably from the Latin Ducha (shower) or even Ducharse (to shower)
No it's from South Park.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 18:37   #73
Give, give, give member

I'll probably be accused of thread wandering, but hey it seems it's open season.

I recently defended the right of every forum member to the same right to anonymity as anyone else, if they so wish, be they in public office or not, but if you're going to chose the username TheLeadersOffice HBC, and use that to issue statements on behalf of the Council Leader, for the sake of clarity we should know who we are actually dealing with.

It's good manners, if nothing else.

Old 06-04-2009, 18:51   #74
God Member

Quote:

The reason posts are reported to the moderators is for them to decide if rules have been broken. I think it's fair to say a moderator is now aware of any posts on this thread which have caused concern, so therefore the post doesn't need reporting
Old 06-04-2009, 19:01   #75
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I must be one of the 'worthy' ones then. Might have been because I picked up the phone and called when I had a problem.
NO it more like cos you'd defend who i said a while back, remember when ya got the hump like a schoolboy?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..