Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 19:07   #76
God Member

Re: Now...This is silly and a complete waste of time

I used to live on an unadopted street, with an unadopted road leading up to it, we were told that WE had to have it tarmacced, and then the council would adopt it, different borough, same county... I am with the 'councillors look after themselves first' brigade, that isnt a dig at GJ, those roads needed doing, as does the bottom of newly laid Little street... again, and Oxford street junction is breaking up...again. The street down from me had the grass verges tarmaced, and the remaining street have not been touched, mind you, the tarmac laid where the grass used to be is probably the worst I have ever seen, and will be gone with the next decent freeze! Finally, didnt PB agree that MP's should be 'transparent' in a recent dummy spitting event?
Accrington Web
Old 06-04-2009, 19:15   #77
Beacon of light

Andrew, I do not have a problem which needs 'face to face' dialogue.....but when someone enrols on a forum like this you would expect some kind of relevant contribution.
You would expect the person to be open and perhaps add to the forum with their experience and opinions....and there have been issues on here where the presence of
The Leader(as he designates himself...if it is him) could have been enlightening.

But no, it hasn't happened like that at all.
His last post on this thread was issued like a bulletin from 'Buck House'...methinks he has a highly inflated opinion of his own worthiness.......and that in itself, in a public servant...elected by people of this borough, is odious.
I would like to ask.....'Who died and made him King?'
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 19:27   #78
Super Moderator

If he becomes a regular contributor to Accyweb, do you think he will persist with this convoluted style of addressing us mere mortals, even when he's posting on other sections of the forum?

Councillor Britcliffe has issued the following statement regarding the Rovers v Spurs match on April 4th: "I think that the Rovers played very well and went a long way to securing their survival...etc .etc"

Going to seem a little strange, isn't it?
Old 06-04-2009, 19:45   #79
Senior Member+

Can I just point out several points on this issue.

The first point is that the decision to offer the chance to resurface Hodder St, Annie St and back Manor St was taking by Peel and Barnfield Area Council not Graham. Graham declared an interest and took no part in the decision.

I along with other colleagues have been trying to get something done about Hodder St and Annie St for years. Finally we have managed to get some money from the area council to get these streets resurfaced.

A letter has gone out to all those involved on Hodder St, Annie St and Manor St, explaining what the area council intended doing. Graham had no part in this. I delivered all the letters. On the letter it clearly states that as Graham has a personal and prejudicial interest on the project he would be taking no part in discussions regarding the scheme.

I have had several meetings at area council level to discuss the progress of the scheme. Graham rightly took no part in any of them. But interestingly the two Barnfield Councillors who have made the complaint against Graham were at the meetings. Not once did either of them make any complaint about Graham.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 19:48   #80
God Member

No surprises there then!
Old 06-04-2009, 19:50   #81
Senior Member+

Thanks Bernard, very enlightening.
It's looking more and more like childish mudslinging all the time.
Old 06-04-2009, 19:54   #82
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeadersOffice HBC View Post
Councillor Peter Britcliffe has issued the following statement regarding the Complaint against Councillor Graham Jones for putting forward and approving a scheme to improve his own street at an Area Council meeting in the Autumn of 2008:

"I thank those who are giving me credit for this complaint as Councillor Jones has often vexaciously tried to implicate me in similar situations. However, the first time I knew about this was when I read the Lancashire Evening Telegraph and was told I was getting the blame for this on the Web.

Councillor Jones knows as well as anybody how careful we all have to be so that we do not offend the standards set by his Government. At times it is like treading on egg shells, hence I have never been able to propose Hanging Baskets or Christmas Decorations for the Infant Street area where I have a business interest. It also precluded me from taking part in the Pennine Sq/Peel St development competition as if I had I am quite sure Councillor Jones would have been one of the first to make a complaint. So even though it is Spring, he really should not bleat like a lamb when someone decides to play him at his own game."
This involves Annie, Hodder, Manor St (back). They are un adopted and very bump, like a rutted farmers track. People want them doing and people not on them think they should be done. All the people on the doorstep said what has been posted above.

In March I delivered a leaflet to everyone in Peel saying I would improve them, as part of many improvements neccessary in Peel. I raised he issue at a public meeting of Annie, Manor, Hodder with the words (the 3 unadopted in Peel so no preferences), "I live on Hodder St and it is terrible" attended by the Cllrs Barton Dobson who are the people who have complained. When it got down to money and a quote from the contractors (Ł2000 for all 3) I stepped back and said I woundn't vote. I did not leave the room (Technically I should have). Cllrs Dawson, Barton and Dobson then voted for the roads to done. Residents were balloted and on the bottom it had a disclaimer for Hodder Street making it clear I would not be involved, and I haven't.

I am not a lamb, but a responsible councillor.

The Bus Station complaint I made was because The Leader has a shop and had stated that the Bus Station will not move from Peel Street. The Bus Station is a big issue. This is not. The Bus station involves a lot of money and there are big differences in opinion, mostly for it to move. That statement blocked major investment in Hyndburn.

Everyone agree's this should be done, even Conservatives voted for it to be done in a public meeting. No-one ever complained about me raising the issue. I have shouted I live on Hodder Street. The public want Peel improved including unadopted streets. There has not been one complaint against the work and around 60 in favour. 68% on Hodder, 67% on Annie and 48% (so far) on Manor.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 19:59   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
NO it more like cos you'd defend who i said a while back, remember when ya got the hump like a schoolboy?
I've criticised in this very thread. No, I wouldn't defend Hitler as you said a while back.

Last edited by andrewb; 06-04-2009 at 20:04.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 20:01   #84
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post

It says that Paul Barton and Tony Dobson put the complaint in.
Word has it that one of the two is being considered as the Conservative candidate to stand in the next General Election.

Doesn't seem a good omen for having a good clean fight, if that is the case.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 20:22   #85
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Word has it that one of the two is being considered as the Conservative candidate to stand in the next General Election.

I think in this case the two councillors who complained should be summoned to the 'Official Office' for a right good old fashioned boll-king?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950

Last edited by Royboy39; 06-04-2009 at 20:28.
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 20:25   #86
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

Thanks Kate, didn't think I was breaking any pots there!

( I won't hold my breath for an apology though..... )
Nor me Lindsay .. he's never wrong is he ? LOL.

Come on Less grovel.
No need to apologise or grovel below is the question I asked & my statement:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Erm, Lindsay how do you know the email address? If your giving out secrets that only a mod' should know you are just as bad.
The question was answered by my dear friend katex with her vcard explanation & as I said above IF your giving out secrets.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 20:26   #87
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I think in this case the two councillors who complained should be summoned to the 'Officail Office' for a right good old fashioned boll-king?
They may have been 'acting on orders from above' - who is to know?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 20:30   #88
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

Greg has nothing to worry about then!
Old 06-04-2009, 20:33   #89
Senior Member+

[quote=Less;701260]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post

The source, is what Jaysay confirmed if I remember correctly, not, the email address, which is what you stated:-

None of the ordinary members can confirm such things, that's why it's tucked away separate by the mod's.
That to me implies you thought I was abusing my mod-ship, wrong, but am not gonna argue with you, the topic is far more important.
Old 06-04-2009, 20:44   #90
God Member

[quote=lindsay ormerod;701414]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

That to me implies you thought I was abusing my mod-ship, wrong, but am not gonna argue with you, the topic is far more important.
Dont worry about it Lindsay...the Google Page Ranking Office is run from offline computors and flying cats.....the topic is more important.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..