Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 20:48   #91
God Member

Re: Now...This is silly and a complete waste of time

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I was told by HBC that unadopted roads were nothing to do with them when I complained about ours. Does this mean they were lying? If councillor Jones gets his way I'll certainly be complaining.
Yes I will be pointing this out to the residents of Emma Street, they have been told the same thing.
Old 06-04-2009, 20:57   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Probably from the Latin Ducha (shower) or even Ducharse (to shower) but I'm sure Royboy will correct me If I'm wrong.
Ducks arse....thats a haircut...or it was when I was a lad?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 21:07   #93
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I've criticised in this very thread. No, I wouldn't defend Hitler as you said a while back.
the difference between you n our illustrious leader andrew is simple, if you think you have misjudged summat, YOU have the balls to say so.
Old 06-04-2009, 21:11   #94
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I've criticised in this very thread. No, I wouldn't defend Hitler as you said a while back.
yes you have, as the thread starter did, n that warrants respect to ya both.
Old 06-04-2009, 21:27   #95
Beacon of light

so someone must be telling some little fiblets......I wonder who they might be.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 22:30   #96
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Yes I will be pointing this out to the residents of Emma Street, they have been told the same thing.
I understand what you are saying but the Council will not be adopting the streets in question.

This is being done through the Peel and Barnfield area council . We only have a budget of £2000 for the three streets, so it won't be resurfaced to the standard of an adopted street. But it will be a lot better than it is now.

What we are hoping to do in Peel Ward could also be done in other area's if their area council chose to spend what money they have in this way.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 22:43   #97
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Owen View Post
Can I just point out several points on this issue.

The first point is that the decision to offer the chance to resurface Hodder St, Annie St and back Manor St was taking by Peel and Barnfield Area Council not Graham. Graham declared an interest and took no part in the decision.

I along with other colleagues have been trying to get something done about Hodder St and Annie St for years. Finally we have managed to get some money from the area council to get these streets resurfaced.
If Graham followed the correct procedure then there is nothing to answer.

I do not however agree to spending HBC tax payers money on resurfacing unadopted roads. When you buy a house on such a road you know it is your responsibility to look after the road. If anyone should be paying for this work, apart from the house owners themselves, it should be LCC. They should adopt and sort out the roads.

The two Councils have different responsibilities - roads are not the responsibility of HBC. If you read many posts on here the residents of Hyndburn think HBC do not do what they are responsible for without doing things they are not responsible for.
Old 06-04-2009, 22:45   #98
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Owen View Post
We only have a budget of £2000 for the three streets, so it won't be resurfaced to the standard of an adopted street. But it will be a lot better than it is now.
So how much would that be for each resident if you split the £2000 by the number of houses?
Old 06-04-2009, 22:47   #99
God Member

if you live on an unadopted road/street do you still have to pay council tax or get some kind of reduced bill ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 22:58   #100
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if you live on an unadopted road/street do you still have to pay council tax or get some kind of reduced bill ?
Yes, you still pay the full amount. There's no deduction if you live on an unadopted road, and part of your council tax is still sent to the County Council, who have responsibility for the upkeep of streets and roads in the borough.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 23:01   #101
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

There's an unadopted road at the bottom of Monk st last year all the massive pot holes were filled in and at last the road was usable again, unfortunately there is a school on the next street.
The parents calling to drop off and pick up their children found it a blessing instead of all them blocking that street they used the unadopted road to relieve the congestion they caused outside the school, with the surface not being tarmac within 2 months they had worn through the surface and it has potholes again making it unusable for them and also for local residents.

Last edited by Less; 06-04-2009 at 23:03.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 23:05   #102
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
There's an unadopted road at the bottom of Monk st last year all the massive pot holes were filled in and at last the road was usable again, unfortunately there is a school on the next street.
The parents calling to drop off and pick up their children found it a blessing instead of all them blocking that street they used the unadopted road to relieve the congestion they caused outside the school, with the surface not being tarmac within 2 months they had worn through and the surface and it has potholes again making it unusable for them and also for local residents.
true its a real mess once more, would have thought it wasn't rocket science to erect bollards across the park road end, to stop em driving through, as the surface was not suitable fer 3 point turns at speed.
Old 06-04-2009, 23:08   #103
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Yes, you still pay the full amount. There's no deduction if you live on an unadopted road, and part of your council tax is still sent to the County Council, who have responsibility for the upkeep of streets and roads in the borough.
then to put it simply somone wether it be HBC or LCC shoud sortthese roads out

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 23:10   #104
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
then to put it simply somone wether it be HBC or LCC shoud sortthese roads out
getting one of em to take responsibility would be a result.
Old 06-04-2009, 23:13   #105
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
If Graham followed the correct procedure then there is nothing to answer.

I do not however agree to spending HBC tax payers money on resurfacing unadopted roads. When you buy a house on such a road you know it is your responsibility to look after the road. If anyone should be paying for this work, apart from the house owners themselves, it should be LCC. They should adopt and sort out the roads.

The two Councils have different responsibilities - roads are not the responsibility of HBC. If you read many posts on here the residents of Hyndburn think HBC do not do what they are responsible for without doing things they are not responsible for.
It's not the Council that's preposing to do this. Its Peel and Barnfield area council that's putting this forward.,

We have tried to get the streets adopted in the past, but it hasn't been possible.

Ossy Area Council could also do something similar, if that's how they decide to spend what money they have.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..