Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-03-2012, 16:08   #151
Senior Member+

Re: Omg ott! DNA for dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Err um I thought that was more or less what I was saying Dave, the legislation is in place to deal with these people no need to go OTT
I didnt read it that way, but if you say that is what you were getting at will put it down my misunderstanding the gist.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-03-2012, 16:15   #152
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Dog Licences will not be enforcible as there will always be owners who will not bother . That type of owner would not bother if anything happened to their dogs
That is simple like I said before. A dog found with no licence should be taken away and if not collected within a set time with license and fine paid should be put down. Its not fair on the animal being owned by someone who does not care about it.

People appear to like the words not enforcible on here at the moment.
Old 24-03-2012, 16:16   #153
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dog Licences will not be enforcible as there will always be owners who will not bother . That type of owner would not bother if anything happened to their dogs
there was a system in place for dog licenses, but I agree that there would be no easy solution.
Slightly off at a tangent, when you buy a telly, the shop has to inform the tv licencing authority, I know it wouldnt cover all situations but it is a start if people who sell dogs had to inform the council.
Old 24-03-2012, 16:18   #154
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
That is simple like I said before. A dog found with no licence should be taken away and if not collected within a set time with license and fine paid should be put down. Its not fair on the animal being owned by someone who does not care about it.

People appear to like the words not enforcible on here at the moment.
It sure as hell isn't the dogs fault either, why kill the dog for an irresponsible owners actions
Old 24-03-2012, 16:20   #155
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
there was a system in place for dog licenses, but I agree that there would be no easy solution.
Slightly off at a tangent, when you buy a telly, the shop has to inform the tv licencing authority, I know it wouldnt cover all situations but it is a start if people who sell dogs had to inform the council.
How much do you think a dog licence should be?? Seem to be remember they were seven and sixpence in my youth - I'll leave you to work out how long ago that was and then maybe we could come up with an equivalent figure in today's money.
Old 24-03-2012, 16:28   #156
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
How much do you think a dog licence should be?? Seem to be remember they were seven and sixpence in my youth - I'll leave you to work out how long ago that was and then maybe we could come up with an equivalent figure in today's money.
I think it should vary, £50 if the dog has not had its injections, wormed chipped or neutered(controversial), then a discount for each item undertaken.

Then if the owner has all the items done to him/herself then it should be free
Old 24-03-2012, 16:33   #157
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I think it should vary, £50 if the dog has not had its injections, wormed chipped or neutered(controversial), then a discount for each item undertaken.

Then if the owner has all the items done to him/herself then it should be free
Microchipping and steriliation for humans?? I know a few who I'd like to suggest for that latter procedure...
Old 24-03-2012, 16:34   #158
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
It sure as hell isn't the dogs fault either, why kill the dog for an irresponsible owners actions
It's the so called owner who should be put down - or at least neutered.
Old 24-03-2012, 16:56   #159
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
......I know it wouldnt cover all situations but it is a start if people who sell dogs had to inform the council.
Many of the people who sell dogs are only in it for the money and do not care for the dogs or they would not breed them in the way they do.

This is two BBC documentaries back to back about dog breeders, many of them registered by the Kennel Club who if you watch the program you will probably agree are part of the problem.

Sorry about the text at the beginning of it but it does explain about the BBC documentary.

Old 24-03-2012, 17:16   #160
Give, give, give member

Generally, across the board in the U.K., fines need to be enforced, and increased.

I'm always amazed at the reports in the Observer, of people who've been fined, and how little they have to pay.

A hundred quid for no car insurance, fifty quid for not having a TV licence.

Being so small a penalty, compared with the cost of insurance, or a TV licence, crime really does pay.

Dog licencing would work, if the penalties for not having one were hefty enough.

It seems to work for people who keep dangerous animals as pets.

When I was a child tortoises were two a penny.

Legislation that's been introduced, as brought added responsibility, for those who've still decided to keep them as pets.

The same could equally be applied to dog owners.

I'm sure every responsible dog owner wouldn't have a problem with a licence.

Compared to vet's fees etc, the cost would be negligible.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 18:01   #161
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
......I'm sure every responsible dog owner wouldn't have a problem with a licence......

Its finding those responsible dog owners that not as easy as you think.
I just gave a bag to a bloke in the park because his dog made an offering to the field. He bent down and pretended to pick it up, he was only 30 yards from a dog bin. I asked if he was going to pick it up and he asked if I had a spare bag which I gave him.

I don't leave the house without plenty of bags but it would appear some people don't bother. Maybe he should have been arrested for be equipped to make a mess without bags

I also saw some kids hanging around the back of the bowling green hut, they were about 16. I walked over with the dog and a girl was relieving herself over the wall on the public foot path. Those bottles of blue stuff they were drinking must go straight through you
Old 24-03-2012, 20:51   #162
Senior Member+

There are non responsible dog owners near us who I have seen letting their dogs "perform" and do not carry bags. The responsible dog owners like us are being tarred withe the same stick
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 21:49   #163
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
There are non responsible dog owners near us who I have seen letting their dogs "perform" and do not carry bags. The responsible dog owners like us are being tarred withe the same stick
I don't think you are, a responsible dog owner is just that, responsible.
Just as a responsible driver isn't tarred with the same brush as a drunk driver.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 23:01   #164
Give, give, give member

Quote:
There are non responsible dog owners near us who I have seen letting their dogs "perform"
Oh you're lucky.

I have to pay to go to the circus, to see little mutts wearing tiny hats, walking on their hind legs, and pushing little prams and so forth.

Any way, back to the faecal matter in hand.

Just Google 'Ken Moss dog dirt'.

It's gone global!

Page, after page, after page.

Reported on, worldwide.

As befits an International Council of some renown...on the global stage.

For anyone hard of hearing, that's Google Labour councillor, 'Ken Moss'.

Don't put the similarly sounding 'canine mess' into your search engine. As it could create a health hazard, and perhaps blind a passing kiddy, who happens to fall asleep on your key-board.

Searching for 'canine mess dog dirt' just brings a whole load of other shi'ite, fundamentally not concerning Hyndburn International Council's dogging dollops of shame.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 23:06   #165
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Gordon Bennett, i just did, wish i was as famous.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..