Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2012, 09:07   #181

Re: Omg ott! DNA for dogs

I thought this had been gone through? Saying something, and being misunderstood and overheard is not the same as speaking to the press!

As for the night vision goggles, that one was actually true wasnt it? My cousin works for a council down south and she says their wardens use them as well. Been pretty standard for ages, she says otherwise the streets would get covered overnight. I think its q sensible. Whereas the DNA stuff is obviously pie in the sky.
Pamperqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2012, 09:21   #182
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamperqueen View Post
I thought this had been gone through? Saying something, and being misunderstood and overheard is not the same as speaking to the press!

As for the night vision goggles, that one was actually true wasnt it? My cousin works for a council down south and she says their wardens use them as well. Been pretty standard for ages, she says otherwise the streets would get covered overnight. I think its q sensible. Whereas the DNA stuff is obviously pie in the sky.
Or Poo on the floor
Old 28-03-2012, 09:27   #183
Give, give, give member

Quote:

No, Hyndburn isn't any getting night-vision goggled commandos, seeking out doggy plops laid under the cover of darkness.

Apparently this story also originated when a dog-warden spoke to a reporter 'off-the-cuff'.

Might be an idea if all these blabber mouths wore tank-tops.

Then they'd have no cuffs to blab from.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 10:02   #184
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Just shows the mentality of dog owners dahn sarf - going out under cover of darkness to carpet the area with their doggies' doings.
Old 28-03-2012, 10:59   #185
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Just shows the mentality of dog owners dahn sarf - going out under cover of darkness to carpet the area with their doggies' doings.
Its just the same up north, its always worse during winter when its dark and some owners just kick the dog out for a bit because they dont want to walk it in the cold and rain
Old 28-03-2012, 11:16   #186
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Its just the same up north, its always worse during winter when its dark and some owners just kick the dog out for a bit because they dont want to walk it in the cold and rain
It was the picture conjured up by the quote that I was wondering about:

Been pretty standard for ages, she says otherwise the streets would get covered overnight.

How many dogs would you need to "cover the streets overnight" - or are they especially large and/or with a tendency to looseness in their leavings?

Sorry, I won't go any further with this, it's beginning to put me off my lunch...
Old 28-03-2012, 12:35   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
No, Hyndburn isn't any getting night-vision goggled commandos, seeking out doggy plops laid under the cover of darkness.

Apparently this story also originated when a dog-warden spoke to a reporter 'off-the-cuff'.

Might be an idea if all these blabber mouths wore tank-tops.

Then they'd have no cuffs to blab from.
Im pretty sure it was the DNA story that was 'off the cuff'

The night vision goggles story in the paper had a picture of Hyndburn's dog warden wearing the said goggles - so I imagine it's true!

Ken Moss explained this earlier in the thread.
Pamperqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 12:39   #188
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Welcome to the internet, land of hysteria and 'news' being blown ever so slightly out of proportion.
Now that you are a global phenomenon it might be a good time to bring out a single to cash in on the fame; perhaps "how much is that doggy in the window" or "me you and a dog named boo" or "hounds of love"

You could then follow this with a dance video and have Snoop Dog as a guest.........I know....i'm being silly....just off to my darkened room for a cup of complan
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2012, 13:38   #189
Resting In Peace

Quote:

The night vision goggles story in the paper had a picture of Hyndburn's dog warden wearing the said goggles - so I imagine it's true!

Errr... no. Read this thread

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...r-60557-7.html

from about post 100 to see what actually went on.
Old 28-03-2012, 16:20   #190
Give, give, give member

Quote:

No, we're definitely not having these goggles in Hyndburn, and this information came from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

When the Deputy Leader of H.B.C. came and knocked on my door.

Primarily she'd come to confirm that the benches removed from outside of the Market Hall, had been damaged beyond repair, when they were being dismantled, but I was a very naughty boy, because apparently I'd been misinformed about the gypsies being told to take them away.

It was on this same occasion that I was also informed that the dog wardens in Hyndburn won't be issued with night-vision, ploppy seeking goggles.

The 'story' came about when a journalist spoke to a dog warden, and he shot from the hip, with some of these ever so popular, off-the-cuff blabberings.

I believe, for speaking to the press unofficially, he'd landed himself in some dolloping doggy doo-doo.

Old 28-03-2012, 16:29   #191
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Now that you are a global phenomenon it might be a good time to bring out a single to cash in on the fame; perhaps "how much is that doggy in the window" or "me you and a dog named boo" or "hounds of love"

You could then follow this with a dance video and have Snoop Dog as a guest.........I know....i'm being silly....just off to my darkened room for a cup of complan
Or how about a reworking of that old hit of Mud's?

That's neat,
That's neat.
That's neat,
That's neat.
I really love my turd free feet.

I really love,
I really love,
I really love my turd free feet.

Old 29-03-2012, 13:49   #192

Hi all, I'm the Lancashire Telegraph's Hyndburn reporter Emma Cruces

Don't usually post opinions but thought this may clear up some things regarding your debate.

My story on the night vision goggles was based on information from Fran Gibbons, Hyndburns dog warden. I was surprised to hear they used them but Fran was happy to pose in a picture wearing the goggles from his own kit. Hope this clears thing up.
Telegraph_reporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 13:54   #193
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telegraph_reporter View Post
Hi all, I'm the Lancashire Telegraph's Hyndburn reporter Emma Cruces

Don't usually post opinions but thought this may clear up some things regarding your debate.

My story on the night vision goggles was based on information from Fran Gibbons, Hyndburns dog warden. I was surprised to hear they used them but Fran was happy to pose in a picture wearing the goggles from his own kit. Hope this clears thing up.
Sorry Emma was that pic in the Lancs Telegraph?

In the two pics used by the Daily Mail there is no sign of the night vision goggles - just a prat in a rather silly hat.
Old 29-03-2012, 17:27   #194
Resting in Peace

Well there's one thing for sure the local press are interested in Accyweb
Old 29-03-2012, 17:54   #195
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well there's one thing for sure the local press are interested in Accyweb
Are they?
If they were perhaps when they run with a story they read on here, they would call us AccringtonWeb instead of, a local website, what harm would it do?

Perhaps, this is the reporter that is rumoured to have horseriding in common with a certain Councillor and just might be trying to relieve the pressure he may have put himself under when mentioning DNA testing for dogs?
Please place the word allegedly wherever it may be fitting in this post.

Last edited by Less; 29-03-2012 at 17:57.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..