Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2007, 17:38   #16
God Member

Re: Smokers strike back

Think we've got a double thread here.This is being discussed on another thread called 'one guy's way of getting back at the smoking ban'
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2007, 17:43   #17
God Member

its ok lilly, the mods will sort it out
Old 04-08-2007, 17:48   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.joel View Post
The headlines in todays LET are about a Darwen cafe that won't let nosmokers use the outside tables to take refreshments only smokers are allowed, one up for smokers I think
good for him I totally agree... ( I hope he gets enough smokers to fill his tables though) I am sure he will:

Was out the other week and some person... was moaning ( the beer garden is full of smokers) being that children read here I wont say what was shouted at her....

I also think that children should not be allowed in pubs ( unless there is a children's area for them) sick of listening to crying babbies and flipping moaning kids)

bottle of pop and a pkt of crisps and outside they should sit.... imo
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 17:52   #19
God Member

seems smokers cant win whatever they do, they get booted out then get moaned at for being outside......bless (and yes im a smoker).......ish
Old 04-08-2007, 17:55   #20
God Member

I say lets all GAG the non smokers that complain constantly. I mean my cigarettes smoke annoy them, there for I have to go out side. They annoy me! therefor lets GAG them!!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 17:56   #21
God Member

there's nowt worse than a reformed smoker though slinks.....they are the worst
Old 04-08-2007, 18:06   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
there's nowt worse than a reformed smoker though slinks.....they are the worst
And they are always telling you how easy it is to give up, thing is I don't want to give up
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 18:11   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
And they are always telling you how easy it is to give up, thing is I don't want to give up
It's easy giving up!! i have done it loads of times

Miracles do happen!!

Old 04-08-2007, 18:19   #24
God Member

ive only smoked about ten fags in the last 3 weeks, i'll never be a none smoker though, its aint in mi stars
Old 04-08-2007, 19:06   #25
Resting in Peace

Best discussion was last week on Jeremy Vine .. woman complaining couldn't sit in her favourite seat outside any more due to smoker's occupancy .. and didn't want smoker's smoke 'directing at her face'. Her advocate was a straight forward talking man (some rang in to complain about his rudeness ) and gave her short shift on what a stupid woman she was .. whose gonna' blow it in anyone's face anyway ? He did try to explain that being in the outside and smoking was not going to harm her in anyway but, no, she had to go on and on .. would love to hear it all again .. didn't catch it all. Was brilliant.

First time I have been out since smoking ban was at the Accyweb meet at Peel Park. A group of us were outside, landlady came to door and one of our members enquired how things were .. she stated extremely aggresively that 'was best thing that has happened'. She could have said this with slightly modified inflections .. we all went quiet .. state your opinion .. yes .. but thought she was rude, and wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of her at all.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 19:25   #26
God Member

not being funny or anything but why is she a landlady if she doesnt like smokers? if i felt that badly about smokers i wouldnt become a publican
Old 04-08-2007, 19:30   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

First time I have been out since smoking ban was at the Accyweb meet at Peel Park. A group of us were outside, landlady came to door and one of our members enquired how things were .. she stated extremely aggresively that 'was best thing that has happened'. She could have said this with slightly modified inflections .. we all went quiet .. state your opinion .. yes .. but thought she was rude, and wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of her at all.
Is it still sulky sue that has it?? the women that used to own the Grey horse?? if so..... i wouldn't worry about it, I have NEVER EVER seen a smile on that womens face!!! Miserable trout!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 04-08-2007, 19:53   #28
God Member

oh yes i know who you mean slinks, me n tinks have encountered her on many occasions
Old 04-08-2007, 20:03   #29

Re: One guy's way of getting back at smoking ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
they wanted you outside in the first place so make them pay. i go in the willow mount club playing snooker and theyve even put up a bus shelter type thing outside.
The thing is tho Liam,ya can't smoke in bus shelters anymore so how do they get away with that one
Accy Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 20:13   #30

Re: One guy's way of getting back at smoking ban.

Let him do it if he doesnt want a successful business. Why irritate customers?
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..