Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2007, 15:49   #1
God Member

Oops, a bit of a craft moment last night

The definition of a CRAFT moment is 'can't remember a flipping thing'.

I was due at a meeting at 7pm but I knew I would be a bit late so let the chair know about it. During the day I'd had to pick up a key for the community centre so that i could lock up after the meeting - I'd duly done that.

I arrived at the meeting slightly flustered, rushing in past the dog training sessions that were going on in the main room. I took my place, took over taking minutes and the meeting went swimmingly until we had to leave.

By that time the dog trainers had left, along with their well trained pooches, and had locked the door behind them. It's ok, I said, I have a key, then oooops....... the key is in my car just outside the door. I had successfully manged to lock 30 people into a community centre.

Fortunately, we found a fire door that opened, let ourselves out then I got the key from my car and sorted it all out.

I'm telling you all this now before someone else puts his spin on the story!!!!!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-10-2007, 16:35   #2
Resting in peace

Re: Oops, a bit of a craft moment last night

I could have been worse Gayle, you mighnt have locked them in the toilets
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2007, 18:21   #3
Give, give, give member

That's not too bad.

I was afraid you'd started making Gonks, or those attractive pictures of vintage cars, made out of old clock parts.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2007, 21:09   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Fortunately, we found a fire door that opened, let ourselves out then I got the key from my car and sorted it all out.
That must be the Royal we, I seem to remember a very unwell person showing you that the fire door was behind the blinds with a big green EXIT sign above it.

Quote:
I'm telling you all this now before someone else puts his spin on the story!!!!!
I wasn't even going to mention it, I am too busy trying to get my 39.2 degrees C temp down to be sarcastic.
Old 25-10-2007, 21:13   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

By the way Gayle congrats again on the award for the P project. I dare not say the P world as you might kill me. I am surprised you have not posted about it yet.
Old 25-10-2007, 21:19   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
By the way Gayle congrats again on the award for the P project. I dare not say the P world as you might kill me. I am surprised you have not posted about it yet.
I didn't think it was worth it.

I didn't think it was worth mentioning that the P project just won an Arts 07 award, which follows hotly on the heels of winning a Royal Institute of British Architecture award. I didn't think it was worth mentioning that so far the project has appeared in magazines in New York, Washington, Amsterdam, Portugal, Mexico, China, Thailand, amongst others. I didn't think it was worth mentioning that I am contacted on an almost daily basis to direct people to Haslingden, Burnley, Blackburn or Wycoller. Not worth mentioning really!!!!!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2007, 21:36   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Of course it is worth mentioning. It sounds like a big achievement to me. Especially when you got so much stick about it on here. I remember a lot of people saying how useless the P's were. Not so by the look of it now. I do hope you will post that info in a relevant thread. After all there have been quite a few P threads on AccyWeb

(sometimes it is nice to say I told you so)
Old 25-10-2007, 23:04   #8
Resident Waffler

Oh dear, if people are coming from foreign parts to look at those P things I do hope Blackburn is keeping theirs clean and graffiti free. I still haven't seen the Rossendale one in all its glory. Is the timer set OK now? Must try to get up there and have a look at it in the dark with lights working.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2007, 23:07   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
I am contacted on an almost daily basis to direct people to Haslingden, Burnley, Blackburn or Wycoller. Not worth mentioning really!!!!!
It's a good job we did not build one in Hyndburn, they would never have found it on a map. Now if it was Accrington and Districts....
Old 25-10-2007, 23:47   #10
Resting in peace

What was the 'P' project Neil? (I dare not ask Gayle ) or I mighn't 'COPIT'
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 00:31   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
What was the 'P' project Neil? (I dare not ask Gayle ) or I mighn't 'COPIT'
Think it was just one bunch of publicly financed woolie hats giving an award to another bunch of publicly funded woolie hats , and as for the Royal Institute of British Architects, are not these the same folks responsible for all the award winning tower blocks of the 50s and 60s , (anyone remember the award winning housing project in Liverpool, think it was called the Piggeries) and such gems as the Blackburn town center shopping center , the one which replaced the Thwaites arcade

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..