Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2007, 19:46   #31
Beacon of light

Re: Paedophiles and Chemical castration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piltymon View Post
I'm not trying to be facicious here but, what offence? Molestation? Rape? Buggery?
Whatever offence was perpetrated against a child......and it is illegal to have sex, or sexually abuse a minor.....and it doesn't matter how that is done.
do you think that any of the examples you have provided should be exempt from this?
Accrington Web
Old 13-06-2007, 19:50   #32
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
I think they are all sexual offences and all should carry the same sentance.
What sentance?
Old 13-06-2007, 19:52   #33
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Whatever offence was perpetrated against a child......and it is illegal to have sex, or sexually abuse a minor.....and it doesn't matter how that is done.
do you think that any of the examples you have provided should be exempt from this?
If a man touches a childs breast by accident do you punish him the same way if he rapes a child? I'm not stating an opinion here I'm asking for yours
Old 13-06-2007, 19:56   #34
Beacon of light

if it is by accident and not be design then no.....no more than if he touched a womans breast by accident would you accuse him of rape.
But grooming children for sex and other acts that are for the sexual gratification of the adult should be punished. You note I didn't specify male, because there have been women who have been convicted of sexual offences against minors too.
Old 13-06-2007, 19:58   #35
God Member

Quote:
If a man touches a childs breast by accident do you punish him the same way if he rapes a child? I'm not stating an opinion here I'm asking for yours
There a difference between touching/brushing past a childs breast and having a grope and whether you grope, rape or whatever to a child its wrong and against the law and the sentance should be long enough to be a deterrant.
Old 13-06-2007, 19:59   #36
God Member

Quote:
Regarding the register, I think it would give me peace of mind, I'd certainly like to know if a convicted paedophile lived close enough to be watching my kids but I also understand that there are people out there who haven't been convicted so really you never know.
I dont think anyone kissing their daughter on the forehead would ever be called a paedophile I think the limits are common sense and are anything of a sexual nature. I agree with Steeljack paedophiles should be properley charged and locked up. I'm not convinced that paedophiles would volunteer for chemical castration.
this is a link to our local site showing where the pervs live and what they were convicted Search California Registered Sex Offenders- California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

to my knowledge no vigilanty justice has happened
Old 13-06-2007, 19:59   #37
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
if it is by accident and not be design then no.....no more than if he touched a womans breast by accident would you accuse him of rape.
But grooming children for sex and other acts that are for the sexual gratification of the adult should be punished. You note I didn't specify male, because there have been women who have been convicted of sexual offences against minors too.
WHo do you inject or dose though? That is my question. Maybe we should go Adolf and just kill who we don't like huh?
Old 13-06-2007, 20:04   #38
God Member

No just inject all sex offenders, compared to what they'll have put their victims through its not that bad a punishment, why do we even consider their rights.
Old 13-06-2007, 20:07   #39
Beacon of light

at the moment it isn't left up to the judiciary to decide....the treatment will be given only to those who wish to curb their paedophilic tendencies...so we do not need to labour too long over that question.

And I would never suggest that we bumped off the people that we didn't like.
Old 13-06-2007, 20:11   #40
I am Banned

Quote:
No just inject all sex offenders, compared to what they'll have put their victims through its not that bad a punishment, why do we even consider their rights.
Why not just find a tree and hang them? If they are convicted.
Old 13-06-2007, 20:20   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
this is a link to our local site showing where the pervs live and what they were convicted Search California Registered Sex Offenders- California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

to my knowledge no vigilanty justice has happened
Had a look on this website and something similar in the uk would be a good thing in my opinion.
Old 13-06-2007, 20:25   #42
I am Banned

Quote:
Had a look on this website and something similar in the uk would be a good thing in my opinion.
And what would YOU do if you knew where they lived?
Old 13-06-2007, 20:27   #43
God Member

Quote:
Why not just find a tree and hang them? If they are convicted.
Thats not a bad idea Piltymon

I think we are too soft in this country, the punishment should fit the crime and the human rights of offenders shouldn't be taken into consideration.
Old 13-06-2007, 20:28   #44
God Member

Quote:
And what would YOU do if you knew where they lived?
Make sure that my children didn't play anywhere near them.
Old 13-06-2007, 20:32   #45
I am Banned

Quote:
Make sure that my children didn't play anywhere near them.
Hey, I have an idea! If we find out that there is a paedophile living nearby let's just lock up our children!
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..