Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2007, 22:18   #31
God Member

Re: Panorama Blackburn.

the thing is mani, i have the balls to admit i voted for them, maybe there are people on here who do vote for them but would never admit to it
Old 07-05-2007, 23:03   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

watched it, didn,t tell us anything we didn't know, perhaps those in the leafy suburbs learnt a bit? White Flight was just cheap sensationalism by the media,nowt new there. the problem is about ignorance n intolerance on both sides, and until the tosspots on both sides i.e. polititions, n leaders of all faiths, get off the pot and talk/compromise the end result will not be very good for any buggar.the trouble is neither side wants to admit theres a problem, its NOT racist to admit there is so LEADERS- LEAD for once.
Old 07-05-2007, 23:06   #33

in my opinion anyone who votes bnp well it says a lot more about them than the people they are against. its simple the bnp are just bigots preying on peoples fears
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 23:11   #34
God Member

each to there own spinner, and i'm very grateful for your opinion
Old 07-05-2007, 23:14   #35

one thing i did notice was that a lot of the older white people in the programme seemed to blame asians for lot of the changes in british society. for instance the white lady who was objecting the asian march. she said that they wouldnt be allowed to have a christian march. isnt it the case that the white majority is secular these days. on the programme i noticed a lot of english people passionate about a footy match but i doubt wheather they would have organised a march celebrating the prophecy of jesus. are asians to blame for this decline i religion. even if there was no immigration in this country i doubt if there would have been a christian religios march. that lady was simply a disgruntled bigot
Old 07-05-2007, 23:16   #36
God Member

hold on, white people DO march...they do march for jesus....most march through the streets for an easter parade
Old 07-05-2007, 23:17   #37

flashy i just cant stand the bnp. they are just evil interested in nothing but power for themselves and derying other beliefs to acheive this power. i feel they use people
Old 07-05-2007, 23:18   #38
Give, give, give member

Bit disappointing really, and didn't have anything new to say.

People have always lived with like for like. Rich people tend to live in rich areas, and poor in poor areas. London is made up of many different 'villages', each weith it's own cultural identity. Golders Green, Jewish. Kilburn, Irish, Southall, Asian. Earl's Court, Australians. Brixton, West Indians etc. To make out Blackburn was different from anywhere else in the country was journalistically weak. It was probably only chosen because Jack Straw is the M.P., and it gave them another easy sound bite, because of his veil comments earlier in the year.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 23:18   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
hold on, white people DO march...they do march for jesus....most march through the streets for an easter parade
why was that women complaining then. so she must have been lying suggesting they wouldnt be allowed to do so by the authorities.
Old 07-05-2007, 23:20   #40
God Member

i aint got a clue, ask her
Old 07-05-2007, 23:21   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree about the old lady,spinner, but notice they never took a comment from an asian elder? what was really disheartning was the young asian lad n his white friend (girl) who took that walk- both felt frightened n intimidated that should not happen anywhere and says to anyone theres a PROBLEM.
Old 07-05-2007, 23:21   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Bit disappointing really, and didn't have anything new to say.

People have always lived with like for like. Rich people tend to live in rich areas, and poor in poor areas. London is made up of many different 'villages', each weith it's own cultural identity. Golders Green, Jewish. Kilburn, Irish, Southall, Asian. Earl's Court, Australians. Brixton, West Indians etc. To make out Blackburn was different from anywhere else in the country was journalistically weak. .
i agree totally. thats panorama for you.
Old 07-05-2007, 23:25   #43
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
the white lady who was objecting the asian march. she said that they wouldnt be allowed to have a christian march. isnt it the case that the white majority is secular these days.
True, it's about misapprehension. There is of course no law banning any religion, or church, from marching therough the streets. Infact it used to be quite a common site, especially at Whitsuntide. It's just that most Christians seem to prefer worshipping mammon at a mall these days.

Old 07-05-2007, 23:25   #44
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
i agree totally. thats panorama for you.
What's wrong with us tonight?

Old 07-05-2007, 23:26   #45

cashman there are yobbish elements in all cultures. i ve seen people beeing called **** whore(as you can guess a reference to her choice of asian partner by white people). this was in the town center. if every yobbish action was on panorama....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..