Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2007, 23:26   #46

Re: Panorama Blackburn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
What's wrong with us tonight?

maybe weve just become integrated for a short while
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-05-2007, 23:28   #47
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
agree about the old lady,spinner, but notice they never took a comment from an asian elder? what was really disheartning was the young asian lad n his white friend (girl) who took that walk- both felt frightened n intimidated that should not happen anywhere and says to anyone theres a PROBLEM.

There are loads of places, parts of Blackburn included, where I wouldn't feel comfortable walking, and it's nothing to do with race, just common sense.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 23:33   #48

i must addmit garinda people do not use their commen sense. everyone seems to get whipped up in emotion. just wish people could put their sensible hats on just like you and i
Old 07-05-2007, 23:35   #49
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
i must addmit garinda people do not use their commen sense. everyone seems to get whipped up in emotion. just wish people could put their sensible hats on just like you and i
Quick!

Have some karma, whilst we're both being harmonious.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 23:37   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=spinner;421203]cashman there are yobbish elements in all cultures. i ve seen people beeing called **** whore(as you can guess a reference to her choice of asian partner by white people). this was in the town center. if every yobbish action was on panorama....[/QU OTE]well aware of that n detest it, tv will not sort anything out, just inflame things,as i said earlier we can pontificate all we want until the Leaders of all grasp the nettle, things will just deteriate.
Old 07-05-2007, 23:37   #51

you should send me karma . im deserving of it after some of the dealings ive had wit you
Old 07-05-2007, 23:40   #52

casman
its when the so called leaders get involved thats where the problems start. after all they just love programmes like this as they can be given jobs and funding to correct all the problems mentioned in the programmes. there have always been different cultures in different parts of town. as long as anti social behavior doesnt exist what is the problem?
Old 07-05-2007, 23:48   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
casman
its when the so called leaders get involved thats where the problems start. after all they just love programmes like this as they can be given jobs and funding to correct all the problems mentioned in the programmes. there have always been different cultures in different parts of town. as long as anti social behavior doesnt exist what is the problem?
quite simply INTEGRATION. and i,m refering to whites n muslims, anti-social behavior happens everywhere nowt to do with races though yobs use that as a tool.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:41   #54
God Member

hold on a minute...what about asians calling white people?

the incident with me, my mate and the kids walking through Queens park park last year was bloddy awful....we got told to '**** off white bitches, this is our park' and that was by asian children (previously mentioned in another thread) i was gobsmacked, but did i call them back? NO because i dont do that sort of thing, if this is the next generation, i'm sorry but i dont wanna be around to see it
Old 08-05-2007, 07:04   #55
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo69 View Post
dont think it made out any one was racist just shows how people havent intergrated problem caused by bad goverment policies
I don't blame bad government at all, well only for letting anyone who wants to enter our country unimpeded.
A good friend of mine recently moved out of his house in Blackburn he had been in since he was married. His reason, "because the Asians are moving towards this end of town. We are selling and moving before the house prices start falling in this area."

He moved to Chaigly so he should be safe from falling house prices for a while.

There are many racist and non racist people in Blackburn (I am still waiting for them to rename it Peopleburn). Different cultures are not integrating because they don't want to, not due to racism , in the main anyway.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:06   #56
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
did i call them back? NO because i dont do that sort of thing, if this is the next generation, i'm sorry but i dont wanna be around to see it
That's what I like, a lady of action but few words, did you beat the s**t out of them?
Oh no you can't as you would have been classed as a racist.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:11   #57
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Employment? Is there really segregation in employment? I thought that was illegal.
It is illegal if you don't employ someone based on colour or race. What happens in reality is that asian people don't want to work in a mainly white company. How many white people have you seen in the halal butchers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
but that doesn't make me racist does it?
I think you are getting race and religion mixed up, or maybe I am.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:28   #58
Resting in peace

It put's me in mind of the Kipling quote, "East is East and West is West and never the twain shall meet" Les if iv'e got it wrong i'm sure you'll put me right.. the two religions are not, and will never be compatable the same old story, religion is the reason for this problem and many more in the world today!
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:46   #59
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

i wonder, is there any asian on accyweb??
Old 08-05-2007, 08:55   #60
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

I think you are getting race and religion mixed up, or maybe I am.

That was my point Neil. People talk about "whites and Muslims" which is illogical. There is nothing to stop white people being Muslim and in fact there are white Muslims and black Muslims as well as brown Muslims and Muslims of various assorted shades and hues. There seems to have become a confusion in people's minds between ethnic origin and religious affiliation.

I do understand that the majority of people here in this country whose ethnic origins are from the Indian subcontinent probably are Muslim but there are also Christians and Sikhs and Hindus and probably others I don't even know about. The fact that we each want to stay within our own religion does not make us racist. It's nothing to do with race.

There's a daft little thing I remembered where I was sitting in church one day and on the row in front was a teenage girl whose father is white British and whose mother is from the West Indies and has a dark brown skin with black curly hair. The girl herself has long straight black hair and brown skin. Someone who didn't know her asked me who the Muslim girl was!!! Apart from the fact that she isn't even of Asian origin it should have been plainly obvious that as she was sitting in a Christian church taking part in a Christian sacrament service she was highly unlikely to be Muslim!

BTW why did you vote BNP Flashy? Those people worry me.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..