Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2007, 01:06   #1
Senior Member+

Parking ticket query

right a lil advice if you wud b

my sis was gettin a parking ticket whilst parked on a single yellow

we saw this and i ran and drove off b4 the **** had a chance to take the pics - as i drove off he quickly shoved the ticket under the wipers but didnt take any pics

apparently he took one as i was half way down the street

i then parked the car in a back alley *where he cant do **** all* - about 5 mins later i went back to the car and i saw the c**t parked infront of the back alley making notes on some PDA

now can i say that i drove off before he had a chance to serve me the ticket?

as he has no photographic proof that it was ever served...
Old 30-12-2007, 08:41   #2
God Member

Re: Parking ticket query

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post

my sis was gettin a parking ticket whilst parked on a single yellow

we saw this and i ran and drove off b4 the **** had a chance to take the pics - as i drove off he quickly shoved the ticket under the wipers but didnt take any pics

apparently he took one as i was half way down the street

i then parked the car in a back alley *where he cant do **** all* - about 5 mins later i went back to the car and i saw the c**t parked infront of the back alley making notes on some PDA

now can i say that i drove off before he had a chance to serve me the ticket?

as he has no photographic proof that it was ever served...
You want advice on how to break the law ?
Old 30-12-2007, 08:58   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Here's some advice, don't park in an illegal area (single yellow or not) and if you do, then take your punishment like a man.
Old 30-12-2007, 10:16   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You want advice on how to break the law ?
he wants advice on if the ticket is valid or not.

As far as i understand it they must have photographic evidence of you parked on line/s with the ticket in full view of the camera otherwise why would they use the camera? Me personally i would appeal against it and try to find out with the officer was doing on that PDA. If it is to do with your car it may come under the freedom of infomation act. Good luck!

Last edited by Mick; 30-12-2007 at 10:56. Reason: bad language
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 14:02   #5
Resting in Peace

Sorry Mani, this is just sooo funny .. can just imagine you shouting 'Come on Sis .. let's leg it before he has time to write the ticket!'. Parking Ticket attendant chasing and managing to get under windscreen wiper before you increased your speed. You then creeping down back alley in the hope you will not find.

Don't think , however, you will get away with this one.. suspect photography only done to back up the case, etc.

Even if he hadn't managed to issue the ticket to your car, still would have been liable, From a link:-

"However, if you return to find a police officer or traffic warden in the process of issuing a ticket then, if you drive off, the ticket can be sent to you as they enforce under different legislation. "

Sure someone will come up with more facts e.g. seen Jambutty lurking ..

Just pay up Mani . not worth it.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 14:11   #6
Resident Waffler

It sounds like a scene from 'Only Fools and Horses'.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 14:27   #7
God Member

I think you can load for something like 17 minutes, they usually take a photo a good few minutes before they start to issue tickets, so I think they will already have photo's, also, you will find that once the ticket is actually issued, they will wait untill the discount period is ended and you will have to pay the full amount, I think £60, if you don't pay that in the time limit, they will send bailiffs and more costs are added...in style, don't be surprised if you ignore the ticket for a month, you will have a bill around £200. There are ways around tickets, the best one of course being to park legally!!
Old 30-12-2007, 14:30   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
i then parked the car in a back alley *where he cant do **** all*
That would be obstruction - an issue for the Police to deal with not the Wardens. Maybe he was taking a picture of that to pass onto the Police. You might be getting a letter from the Police soon.
Old 30-12-2007, 14:34   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

never had you down as a comedian mani.
Old 30-12-2007, 17:55   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
That would be obstruction - an issue for the Police to deal with not the Wardens. Maybe he was taking a picture of that to pass onto the Police. You might be getting a letter from the Police soon.
Surely the warden was causing an obstruction parking infront of the back alley? And therefore also breaking the law =P
thomas.lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 18:13   #11
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.lee View Post
Surely the warden was causing an obstruction parking infront of the back alley? And therefore also breaking the law =P
You could say that about a bin wagon emptying bins in the back streets. I am sure he would have moved if someone needed access, unlike the car mani parked and left there.

There is a jewellers at the bottom of Willows lane next to the traffic lights. Yes I know its not Willows Lane but you all know where I mean. there is very often a people carrier type vehicle parked on the double yellow lines half on the foot path outside the jewellers, why has it never been ticketed/removed/crushed or whatever? It is in a really bad place, I have seen busses and wagons strugle to get around it several times when turn up Willows Lane from Blackburn Road.
Old 30-12-2007, 18:20   #12
Resident Waffler

Oh you mean the confusingly named 'Little Street'. It's even more fun when white van man is parked at the other side.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 18:43   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Is the white van there as often as the people carrier?
Old 30-12-2007, 18:50   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Is the white van there as often as the people carrier?
Both are there frequently, and the previa (people carrier) is sometimes there all night, every night I go home in my van, it makes that corner difficult, especially when trafic coming down the hill is over the line at the lights. The people carrier belongs to the asian (another surprise, and, sorry, but the reason no tickets) who lives/works on the corner, the white van is another asian who owns/works for one of the shops across the street. Alas, I am not a traffic warden!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..