Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2009, 15:35   #1
God Member

Pensioner dies at cash machine

Surprised no one has mentioned this news story , An Accrington pensioner driven to cash machine by bailiff collapses and dies .
question .....are these bailiffs employed by the courts (Govt. employees) or are they 'private' employees working for collection agencies working on a commision ?

Pensioner suffers heart attack and dies after bailiff drives him to cashpoint under 'duress' to pay speeding fine | Mail Online

Last edited by steeljack; 16-01-2009 at 15:35. Reason: spelling
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-01-2009, 15:52   #2
God Member

Re: Pensioner dies at cash machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Surprised no one has mentioned this news story , An Accrington pensioner driven to cash machine by bailiff collapses and dies .
question .....are these bailiffs employed by the courts (Govt. employees) or are they 'private' employees working for collection agencies working on a commision ?

Pensioner suffers heart attack and dies after bailiff drives him to cashpoint under 'duress' to pay speeding fine | Mail Online
These characters are registered by councils and work for private companies in the main.

This makes very sorry reading for me..Andy and his wife Rose have been friends of mine for very many years and so too his younger children.
He was a very bouncy little character who could talk for England.
He was well known by some of the very many Stars who performed in The Cabin End when Andy was the Landlord.
My condolancies go out with deepest sympathy to all of Andy's family.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 15:57   #3
God Member

The only consolation for the man's fmily would be for them to publish the bailiffs name and adress and let people go and harass him and his family ( although I doubt a bailliff has father )

No doubt some PC person will tell me he is only doing his job but they really are amongst the lowest form of human species
Old 16-01-2009, 16:10   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
The only consolation for the man's fmily would be for them to publish the bailiffs name and adress and let people go and harass him and his family ( although I doubt a bailliff has father )

No doubt some PC person will tell me he is only doing his job but they really are amongst the lowest form of human species
Oh come on dave, human, thats pushing it a bit ain't it mate
Old 16-01-2009, 17:28   #5

You can't do bad things with the excuse of "oh it's my job". I mean what if bailiffs were ordered to start roughing people up? Does that mean they would do it?

However I think the main blame lies with court bosses rather than the bailiff himself. According to the Telegraph, they were told about the guy's condition but they sent the guy out anyway/

I know people should pay their fines, but what can they be thinking to put the hard word on a guy who is clearly potless, a bit confused and with a poorly heart to boot.
Pamperqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 17:35   #6
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

That should never had happened!!, A man dies for a stupid £60 fine, which resulted in £290 been added on for costs, because he was too ill too pay!!

This bailiff should be struck off, he should have klnown the man was ill, cuz for one , the poor chap wouldnt have looked healthy after suffering what he did, and he had no right taking him to the cash machine either, the poor chap must have been petrified!!
The prat is nothing but a big bully!!
Old 16-01-2009, 17:38   #7

im shocked i used to work with this fellow a few years back he was such a grand bloke

Last edited by ozzypostie; 16-01-2009 at 17:41. Reason: spelling
ozzypostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 18:32   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamperqueen View Post
You can't do bad things with the excuse of "oh it's my job". I mean what if bailiffs were ordered to start roughing people up? Does that mean they would do it?

They all have their own methods and I'm sure a few of them will try that method
Old 16-01-2009, 19:03   #9
God Member

Crazy stuff going on ... and the last statement in the article makes it even more disturbing ... any dun coming to my door would get the bum's rush and my lawyer's business card .... sad, real sad .... I have read many posts about how the "youth of today" have so little respect for the elderly ... now it seems as if the govt. and the courts have even less. This is pure, unadulterated BS.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 20:36   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Crazy stuff going on ... and the last statement in the article makes it even more disturbing ... any dun coming to my door would get the bum's rush and my lawyer's business card .... sad, real sad .... I have read many posts about how the "youth of today" have so little respect for the elderly ... now it seems as if the govt. and the courts have even less. This is pure, unadulterated BS.
Eric....you dont know the half of it. These animals have been given the backing of the law, not only for pensioners but for everyone.
They try and in most cases get away with intimidation in the extreme.
The people who have let things slide...to put it loosly are the most vulnerable....and the majority of the people cant afford to pay anyway but are still hounded.
I do not agree with breaking the speeding law and have been done myself but hopefully the investigation that has been promised will curb the activities of these money grabbing leeches and bring to heel the ones who sign the court orders without due consideration for the individual.
It would not surprise me in the least that the pleas from the family are denied by the ones responsible for recording such details.
I have lost a friend and I am very angry.

Old 16-01-2009, 20:36   #11
God Member

i heard this on teh radio and personaly i think the bailifs shoudl be done for manslaughter

these legalised thugs and others like them like the council like to employ should be given stricter guidelines but unfortunatly last year the govenment gave these thugs even MORE powers to cause misery and upset to people already in a bad situation which may have not been brought upon themselves by already unfortunate occurances

onve upon a time you had to be present for a bailif to take things but now they can break into your home wether you be out shopping or laying in hospital with no one to prove what they took or what they didnt take

lecherous scumbags need to be controled more not given more freedom to do as they please intimidating the elderly into their graves

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 20:54   #12
God Member

somebdy should send this story to the national rags

always thought bailif=scum
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 20:58   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
somebdy should send this story to the national rags

always thought bailif=scum
The story has been taken up by the BBC.

BBC NEWS | England | Lancashire | Man dies during visit by bailiff

Old 16-01-2009, 22:52   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Absolutely disgusted, What price a man's life? We now know, it's £60!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2009, 23:25   #15
God Member

Saw this on the news earlierand I thinks it absolutely disgusting that this bailiff should get away with it.
Agree with accyman they should be done for manslaughter.
thoughts go out to the guys family.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..