Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2003, 18:18   #31

Post Re: Pets

I like rabbits.

With a crust on them, and carrots and gravy, and perhaps a few small boiled potatoes.

;D
Old 06-11-2003, 18:45   #32
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Poor Mario the rabbit doesn't half get some stick on this site. Don't think I could bring myself to eat rabbit as I had one as a kid. Leave him alone, or I'll set my Bull terrier on you :-*

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 20:49   #33
Senior Member+

Last time i ate rabbit was in malta on holiday 1980, it was served as a starter done with peas and gravy, never felt the need to re-experience it since.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:08   #34

Yeh stop picking on poor Mario  :'(  Bless his little cotton socks  
Dizzy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 06:27   #35
Jo

Thanks Lettie, thanks Diz, I'll pass on youir support to Mario - he says he's gonna post a bag full full of his droppings through Tealeaf's and Fangio's door next time he's in England.

Used to take Mario for walks in the woods, Janet when we lived in the mountains, but now we're in the town it's a bit harder! We do take him on the roof terrace to sunbathe sometimes though!
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 11:02   #36
Resting in Peace

cazzer just a question  with all those cats how do you go on with cat fleas we only have one cat and are always having problems.
she dosent go out so she not getting them from other cats ???how do you get rid of them
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 13:01   #37
Senior Member+

JO, when i lived in huncoat i used to have a cat that i took for walks in the cematery, used to put her on a puppy lead. I am quite sure the folk around there thought that i was mad as an hatter.well still mad,but hell of a lot older. ;D
Old 07-11-2003, 16:02   #38
Caz
God Member

@mick.
There is that front line stuff that you can get from the vets, but it's very expensive, about £15 a throw I think.
Been trying various sprays for the cats themselves. Zodiac is one, you can get it on the stall in the market. but you need to treat the house as well or it's a vicious circle.
Have  now discovered "Defest" an aerosol spray you can use on your carpets & such. The one I used last was about £6 and we needed 2 sprays, but once it's done the effects last up to 3 months. I believe they've now brought one out that lasts up to a year, which will obviously be more expensive, but more cost effective in the long run I should imagine.
You can get Defest from the Pet Warehouse in Ossie.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 16:06   #39
Resting in Peace

thanks cazzer ;D
Old 10-11-2003, 08:54   #40
Jo

Ah, so you were the mad woman in the cemetery with the cat Janet????????????? ;D
Old 10-11-2003, 13:49   #41
Jo

Couldn't resist putting this one of Mario on, get those mouths watering.. ;D
the recipe on the side of the microwavesays in Italian - diced rabbit 1000 grams - cook!
Old 10-11-2003, 13:51   #42
Resting in Peace

JO REALLY YOU ARE GETTING WORSE >
Old 10-11-2003, 13:53   #43
Resting in Peace

YOU were told you would go mad if you came on this site ;D
Old 10-11-2003, 13:55   #44
Jo

Yeah you're right Mick! But I couldn't resist...he!he! ;D
Old 25-07-2005, 18:26   #45
Junior Member+

Re: Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey
I have a dog called allie shes 5 years old, and a kitten called rooney <hubby named him so dont ask> ;D
Allie is a slag...

Rooneys ran away.
JaeSwift is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..