Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2005, 23:29   #1
Always EVIL within us

Planning Permission

My daily run as a coach driver takes me through some beautiful scenic countryside especially when I enter the Ribble Valley

Some months back, approaching Wilpshire, I was shocked to see this monstrosity (Photo 1) as I drove down the country lanes.

It is not martians landing, or where they dumped the millenium dome, It is apparently an inflatable indoor tennis court! (let me know if I have been mis-informed!)Photos 2/3/4..

For those that have not seen it, this inflatable is in the middle of a housing estate just off Pleckgate Road. Blackburn.

There are so many instances of refused planning permission for extensions, Advertising boards, even Aerials............so why has this "blot on the landscape" escaped the avid eyes of Blackburn with Darwen council?? Is it because it is inflatable, therefore deemed as temporary? (even though it looks as if it is there to stay)...or perhaps it is sponsored by B&D Council?

For me, it has spoiled what was (perhaps)the most enjoyable route in the area.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dome 5 resized.JPG (61.7 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg dome 6 resized.JPG (60.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg dome 7 resized.JPG (95.5 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg dome 9 resized.JPG (89.7 KB, 31 views)
Old 11-01-2005, 00:11   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Planning Permission

What the ****?????

As bad as express gifts........and that is still there.....
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 07:26   #3
Resident Waffler

It probably is a permanent temporary structure. There was another one wasn't there? But I think it was a sort of greyish beige so probably wasn't as noticeable.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 23:30   #4
Always EVIL within us

Can anyone give me any info on this structure??
Old 12-01-2005, 06:08   #5
I am Banned

Exclamation Re: Planning Permission

tempory structure, in a built up area, here to stay i bet.
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 22:46   #6

Not exactly the most attractive piece of architecture, is it? We have quite a few structures like this in Michigan. They are used to "extend the season", so to speak, for various outdoor sports such as tennis, baseball, and football -- both your version and ours -- as well as golf (easily the most popular). Most of them are open year-round but do their best business once the cold weather settles in.
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..