Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By flashy
  • 1 Post By flashy
  • 1 Post By accyman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2013, 14:13   #1
God Member

PLEASE keep an eye on your children

I have just got this text from Rhyddings

Reports received of attempted child abductions in Haslingden/Rawtenstall area. Please stay vigalent re your youngsters, there was a similar incident in Oswaldtwistle recently.Rhyddings.
cashman and accyman like this.
Old 24-05-2013, 14:26   #2
God Member

Re: PLEASE keep an eye on your children

has there been any description of these people

last year there was a van driving around preston trying to lure juniour school children into it which had targeted my sons school amongs others

not related to these lot but what a sick world it has become when things liek this are becoming more and more a regular occurance

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2013, 16:23   #3
God Member

Man in a white van around Ossy and a man in a dark blue or just dark car around Haslingden
accyman likes this.
Old 24-05-2013, 16:47   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Man in a white van around Ossy and a man in a dark blue or just dark car around Haslingden

the vans white

what about the driver

lol not been picky but i live very close to a school in ossy and just after as much info as possible.Also the youngest plays out here at weekends they may not just be limited to school times

if you dont know then fair enough lol

i assume its doing the rounds on facebook as well ?

ill let the ferret check his page

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 24-05-2013 at 16:49.
Old 24-05-2013, 17:39   #5
God Member

ALL schools in the area have been told, every parent of children at Rhyddings got a text about it, my nieces go to Knuzden St Oswalds and they have all been told about it, maybe its not a good idea to let J out when he comes over, or just let him In the back garden

P.S.... Don't you think if I had more info I would tell everyone, you fool
Old 24-05-2013, 19:03   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
ALL schools in the area have been told, every parent of children at Rhyddings got a text about it, my nieces go to Knuzden St Oswalds and they have all been told about it, maybe its not a good idea to let J out when he comes over, or just let him In the back garden

P.S.... Don't you think if I had more info I would tell everyone, you fool
of course i just thought you may have gotten updates

Old 25-05-2013, 19:14   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

It's in this story dated 17th May in The Observer Schools warning over van driver - Accrington Observer
Old 25-05-2013, 21:19   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It's in this story dated 17th May in The Observer Schools warning over van driver - Accrington Observer

in that story it says the young boy took the crisps from the stranger and ran away.It then later states that the boy did the right thing.

i was always told as a child not to take things from strangers and its advice i have passed on to my lads.

mind you back when i was a lad tv was allowed to put adverts on warning about strangers like them charlie says adverts.
flashy likes this.

Old 25-05-2013, 22:39   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

I can remember those

Looks like other Countries do it as well

Last edited by Neil; 25-05-2013 at 22:41.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 22:55   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I can remember those

Looks like other Countries do it as well

I remember these too sad, sign of the times. Lets hope all this pubblicity will have some effect and keep the bad guys at bay.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 23:14   #11
God Member

'Strangers' aren't the only problem

How's about that then
Jimmy Savile?s ?Benjamin Rabbit and the Stranger Danger ? What a child needs to know about strangers?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2013, 23:38   #12
God Member

could do with bringing back the green cross code adverts as well

its staggering how many kids apparantly have no idea how to cross a road safely unless theres a lollypop lady on duty

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..