Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2007, 08:52   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Police punch woman during arrest!

CCTV footage has emerged showing a young black woman, being punched five times by a police officer.
Toni Comer, 20, was arrested outside a Sheffield nightclub for vandalising a car when she was thrown out.
During her arrest an officer from South Yorkshire Police said that he hit her to subdue her so she could be handcuffed. She was later dragged away with her trousers around her ankles.

what do you think of this?
personally after watching the news about it, they did right!
but I think others will think otherwise
and because she is black, they are saying it could be racial!
Old 08-03-2007, 09:08   #2
God Member

Re: Police punch woman during arrest!

she was apparently kicking, punching and grabbing his genitals.

The racial issue is a non starter, if she was bleach white and did teh same then she'd have got the same treatment. I'm getting sick of people looking for a 'racial' aspect to everything. How teh heck do they expect us to become an integrated society if all they ever do is put up barriers

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:10   #3

The video footage certainly looks bad. I for one wouldnt like to try to arrest a woman who has turned violent through drinking. Some say women are worse than the blokes when things have reached that stage, so I guess an element of restraint has to take place.
Having said that, if it was my daughter being beaten like that, I'd be looking for some damned good explanations from both parties.
Bonnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:16   #4
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

she apparently did £250.00 worth of damage to the car
but now shes claiming compensation from the police, what for? so she can pay her fine for criminal damage??
if it was me arresting her and she lashed out at me i would have stood on her neck!!
Old 08-03-2007, 09:29   #5
Senior Member+

Just watched it on Sky news,where they interviewed the parents and Chief constable in Sheffield.The parents are reconing she was having an epileptic fit during the arrest hence the appearance that she was resisting arrest.They also have witnesses that verify she had a seizure in the club thats why she was ejected.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:53   #6
I am Banned

saw the footage last night and her bleeting on what a victim she was trying to pass her attacking the officer off as nothing but an epeleptic fit

i bet she wasnt so anglic looking when in teh pub

anyone see the guy who was on the news that within 20 seconds he wasnt even talking about the incident but was bleeting on about slavery in the deep south and black surpersion, the black guy who came on second even said it looked bad at first sight but said you can clearly see the woman was been beat on teh arm and was resisting arrest

good on the police in this case

i reakon the epeleptic story is a load of crap and that the witness in the pub will most definatly be friend , i have only seen one person have an epeleptic fit and they wouldnt be able to walk out of a night club ,down the road then down into a carpark .I am no expert on epilepsy but from what i have seen a person wont be in any condition to trash a car and walk anywhere but more than likely fall ti the ground and stay there

it dosnt take a rocket scientist to see shes sat down with friends and said hang on ime epeleptic i can say i was having a fit and claim loads of money , if you say you saw me having a fit in teh pub you can have a slice of teh money

Last edited by chav1; 08-03-2007 at 09:59.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:13   #7
Resident Waffler

It's hard to be able to say just from viewing the video footage and from interviews whether she was having a fit or not. It's possible she had some sort of mild attack inside which was mistaken for drunken behaviour and then had another attack when being arrested.

Whatever reason the policeman felt justified for hitting her 5 times with what looked like heavy blows does that even begin the excuse them for carting her away with her trousers round her ankles? That was unacceptable. She should have been covered decently when she was taken into custody. Perhaps there is a feeling that they wouldn't have done that to a white woman.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:34   #8
white rabbits

is this another claims are us job?
Old 08-03-2007, 10:47   #9

Woman are worse then men when it comes to getting them to leave a pub/club I finished up with 8 stitches after ejecting some people from a pub a few years ago, a young girl stabbed me under the chin, i sorry to say she fininshed up on the wrong end of a big right hander
moonshiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 10:47   #10
Senior Member+

Here is a link if anybody wants to see it.
http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/vi...7_0700,00.html
Old 08-03-2007, 11:17   #11
Senior Member+

I'm sorry but I disagree with most. The police shouldn't have hit her like that. They are trained to restrain people correctly in a proper manner. There has been many, many times whilst on a night out I have seen police with people resisting arrest in far worse situations, and the police have managed to restrain them properly. In this situation, wether it was a man or woman, white or black, the police clearly were in the wrong and not doing their job properly. She could have been calling them allsorts and they should show some patience, in the job they do they have to.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:21   #12
God Member

I heard on the news this morning that the policman says he did it becuase she was being extremely violent, yet from the pictures they appeared to have her pinned down by then.

Regarding the trousers, if they came down in the struggle I suspect it's standard practice to leave them. In this day and age the police would probably get sued more for trying to pull them back up
Old 08-03-2007, 11:28   #13
Senior Member+

Police are trained not to use violence (as are doormen) I think the phrase is "reasonable force" he was in the wrong clearly! I'm not saying that the woman wasnt a nightmare or violent but if they were doing there job properly there would have been no need to punch her.
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:45   #14
I am Banned

once you go for a guys nuts all bets are off
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:06   #15
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Regarding the trousers, if they came down in the struggle I suspect it's standard practice to leave them. In this day and age the police would probably get sued more for trying to pull them back up

Do they still cover streakers with their helmets?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..