Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2005, 10:22   #16
God Member

Re: Prince Harry

What a sad and sorry reflection on our society, All over the world people are dropping like flies from AIDS or hunger or both. The Straits of Malacca have decreased in depth from nearly four thousand feet to a hundred feet or so as a result of the asian earthquake. And all our press can find to warble about is a minor prince's dodgy taste and a televised freak show! Words fail me!
Old 14-01-2005, 12:39   #17
Senior Member+

The Sun. Look at the lies they told about Hillsbrough, Liverpool supporters picking pockets of the dead and then they print an apology 15yrs later, why because no one bought the crappy paper so for sales they have to apologise, if every one stopped buying the rag then they would have to try and be a real paper but alas a majority need t*ts every day, sad but true.
Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005, 13:02   #18
Senior Member+

There are very few decent newspapers out there. The Mirror and Star are on the same level as the Sun, the Daily Mail and Express are the Sun without t*ts, and it seems as though the broadsheets are going the same way.

I don't bother with daily newspapers; I just watch BBC news, which tends to keep me up to date with the latest non-events. I get trade press on a weekly basis and I also subscribe to a couple of magazines.

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005, 13:57   #19
God Member

A few years ago I spent a year in Amsterdam and at first I really missed not having the daily paper and the Sunday paper. But I was busy and the craving soon passed. When I got back to the UK I was really looking forward to my first Sunday morning with my boiled eggs and toast, a vast mug of coffee, 20 B+H and the Sunday Times.

What a disappointment. Apart from the names and the faces, nothing had changed! The same crappy stories about the same ridiculous situations. I stopped buying the papers then.
Old 14-01-2005, 14:41   #20

I guessed that my posting would open a mini debate,yes it was some degree of media hype,a slow news day always produces such moralistic stories.Yet I can only think that with his family connections the youngster cannot expect to live a private life.
Today certain media sources are merrily digging up the Royal family's Nazi connections including Prince Philip's Nazi brother(s) in law.
No doubt the lad will have been advised that this behaviour must cease and like all that age group he will nod and carry on regardless!
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005, 14:44   #21
Senior Member+

On the other hand he may turn into a puppet who says what he is told to say, while his strings are being pulled by the government

Old 14-01-2005, 15:32   #22
Beacon of light

It is not just the press in this country who have nothing better to report.....the USA, Germany and Israel all jumped onto his tail. Some folk are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them (PRESS AND MEDIA), and you have to remember that Harry hasn't got much to look up to in the way of a role model. He isn't the sharpest chisel in the box either.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005, 15:48   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
...you have to remember that Harry hasn't got much to look up to in the way of a role model.
He never has had.

But the same could be said of a lot of people, but they don't get hauled across the coals for what most people counts as a fairly innocuous event (going out in fancy dress, that is!)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..