Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2005, 17:08   #1

Unhappy Prince Harry

Sad to see once again the Royal Prince acting like a thoughtless dolt.
Perhaps it runs in the family!
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-01-2005, 18:16   #2
God Member

Re: Prince Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampman
Sad to see once again the Royal Prince acting like a thoughtless dolt.
As you say Lampman, a thoughtless dolt. But aren't all 20 yr olds ? I know I was. Everyone thought John Cleese was highly amusing holding his index finger above his top lip whilst strutting around asking "Who won the war, who came second? " In this instance are we and the media being a little too harsh in our criticism ? I wonder what everyone else thinks.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 18:23   #3
Senior Member+

I heard on the news that someone thought that Sandhurst should discipline him.

My god, if Sandhurst did that to everyone who crosses their threshold, 98% of them would be up for court martial.

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 18:28   #4
I am Band

It is the Scum newspaper trying to generate some copy on an otherwise quiet newsday.

Gawd knows what their intrusive, pompous little editor thinks of 'Allo 'Allo? That comedy show took the rise out of the Germans, the French, the Italians and the British. The were swastikas and other nazi symbols on show in every episode. Yet because it is Prince Harry in this case the press have suddenly become all moralistic.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!

Last edited by Sparkologist; 13-01-2005 at 18:31.
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 19:13   #5
Beacon of light

Media Hype again........blowing things out of all proportion...... he is of an age that would perhaps know little of the atrocities of the holocaust.... and if he did he may think that it is not relevant today. However, I think he will be paying for his mistake for a while to come.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 21:05   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I think it's a shame that he is being hounded like this. If any of us went to a fancy dress as a Nazi soldier, nobody would think anything of it. He is a 20 year old lad who wants a bit of fun. I think that although his costume may have offended some people, haven't we all offended people at times? I remember in the late 80's early 90's going to bad taste parties, you can't do a bad taste party without offending somebody. I think it's nice to see a royal enjoying themselves, taking the p... and behaving like a genuine young lad in public instead of getting up to obscenities behind closed doors. It's refreshing.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 21:41   #7
I am Banned

Exclamation Re: Prince Harry

go get em, harry
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 22:39   #8
Senior Member+

Looked at the papers today and seeing this on the front page of most of them I feel is a disgrace..

When tradgedy's and muders are on the 52nd page in a little paragraph and this on the FRONT PAGE is rubbish
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2005, 22:41   #9
I am Banned

Talking Re: Prince Harry

hes young and doesnt think .
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005, 05:27   #10

The media...the scourge of man.

Damm it...they'll be complaining about the Queens knickers next!!!!!!!!!!!
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005, 08:48   #11
Senior Member+

This was a private party he was attending, no fuss would have been made if it was you or me. He should be allowed to let his hair down in private, what 20 year old doesn't. Because he dressed in the uniform it does not make him a nazi supporter.
Old 14-01-2005, 08:55   #12
God Member

Well, I was absolutely appalled to see to see Prince Harry dressed in the uniform of the Afrika Corps togeather with a swastika. Has the lad no historical perspective whatsoever? Has he never seen the newsreels and documentaries of World War 2? If he had, he would have known that Rommel's men were far to busy protecting themselves from a bashing by Monty to worry about wearing superflous items of kit such as a swastika (the red colour would stand out against desert camouflage)

Other than that, I hope young Harry enjoyed himself. I wonder if he got a sh*g????
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005, 09:15   #13
Senior Member+

yes he has done wrong.he has apologised.they should leave him alone.more to the point it was supposed to be private party,he should watch who he is befriending,somebody sold pictures to press!!!!!!!
Old 14-01-2005, 09:36   #14
God Member

A lot of fuss and nonsense about next to nowt. Proving yet again that there are an awful lot of people out there who have very little with which to occupy their time.
Why is it only the Jewish dead who get a mention when Hitler's atrocities are discussed? What about the disabled, the mentally ill, the politcal prisoners, the homosexual's, the gypsies, the Poles and Russians and just about anyone else who did not agree with or fit into the Third Reich's vision of a Greater Germany? Who mourns for them?

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 14-01-2005 at 09:41.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005, 09:59   #15
Senior Member+

There is nothing newsworthy around at the moment - if this had happened on Boxing Day it would probably have been ignored.

The only other thing I am hearing about on the news is Big Brother

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..