Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2024, 14:56   #1
Senior Member+

Protests. Stay Safe

They are saying far right racist fascist pigs will be protesting in accy tomorrow

Stay safe

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Old 06-08-2024, 15:33   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Protests. Stay Safe

Isn’t it nice to be able to label people in such derogatory terms? Rob I know that it isn’t you applying these labels.

Yes of course there are some who want to fight that are jumping on the bandwagon.

I do not consider myself Far Right, but I worry about the numbers of single men who make their way through safe countries, risk their lives in the channel, pay thousands of pounds for that risky trip to come here.
These men do not integrate well. They do not subscribe to the way of life here.

None of the politicians have listened to, or acted on the concerns of the general public.
This new government is showing signs that they will grant an amnesty to those who are already here because doing anything else falls into the ‘too hard’ basket.
These people who have landed in boats (having destroyed their documents) are an unknown quantity. We do not know if they pose a risk of terrorist activity, or if they are criminals but the hand wringing liberals still see them as victims.

The government is happy to fork out 7.9 billion pounds to look after these incomers, but will not support the people who worked to enhance the fabric of society..people who worked , contributed, paid taxes, but this winter will be denied their winter fuel allowance.
Pensioners are an easy target aren’t they?
They do not evoke the sympathies that illegal male migrants do.

I won’t be anywhere near these protests, but in my heart I half understand them…but not the violence…definitely not the violence!
RainbowSix likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 17:22   #3
Senior Member+

Last time there was a protest like this in accy there was all the "symbols" of these groups. I won't even mention them here. But they are disgusting

You have seen the news, you have seen these disgraceful people and how they act. It's unacceptable.

Old 06-08-2024, 17:24   #4
Senior Member+

If they turn out to be peaceful protesters I will apologise for my derogatory labeling. I actually hope I am wrong.

In general I have lost faith in humanity.

Old 06-08-2024, 18:51   #5
Beacon of light

Rob, I am with you on that one…my faith in humanity is severely dented.

I abhor violence. There is no justification for it.

But then neither was there justification for the murder of Lee Rigby and the soldier who was stabbed multiple times recently…or the London Bridge stabbings and the multitudes of other violent acts that are perpetrated by some members of society.
Old 06-08-2024, 21:24   #6

From what she has said it is clear that Margaret is a far right fascist nazi thug... (only kidding).

The media have been very quick to jump on claiming it is far right thugs, but look behind the youths doing the damage and you will see ordinary people, parents with their children etc. The people of the country are fed up with what is being allowed to happen to our children and that is more than what happened in Southport.

We are not allowed to say anything though, we cannot say we feel that we are being treated differently or that we are fed up with the onslaught of these men coming to our country for many many years at our expense, at our loss of freedoms.

If you speak up and say anything against it then you are labelled as a far right nazi fascist and are immediately cancelled, you risk losing your job, your home etc.

Peaceful protests have taken place too, because they had people controlling the young and stopping them acting like we have seen recently.
The country is angry and fed up, our government has been useless and lying to us, now it has changed we can see that they are just the same.

Now (according to what I have read) they are planning on building new social housing and using it to give the illegal immigrants somewhere to live.
True or false? who knows, because we cannot trust the government or the mass media to tell the truth any more.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 23:45   #7
Full Member+

I was born in Southport and I think 99% of these losers were there due to false information, and to cause trouble and weren't even from the local area. there was some fake info on social media, that the stabbing guy was a muslim. I think social media should now be held accountable for any misinformation published on their platforms
Old 07-08-2024, 07:47   #8
Senior Member+

I don't recall rioting when they found out Lucy letby murdered babies.

There is no excuse for the actions of these people. They lurk in shadows waiting for any excuse to attack.

Quoting the terrorism attacks you sound a lot like them Margaret.(Joke)

You did see they have sentence the radicalizer to life imprisonment

Last edited by Restless; 07-08-2024 at 07:52.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2024, 08:19   #9
Beacon of light

No Rob they did not, neither did they riot when the scandals of Rochdale, Rotherham and other places where vulnerable white girls were groomed and passed around like commodities by a section of the community.
We have seen these same sections of that community appear in the courts for peddling drugs at school gates…and yes I KNOW there were white folk doing this too.

But it seems that certain organisations bend over backwards to treat these sections of the community differently because they fear being labelled racist.
Those labels are designed to shut down any kind of discussion or dialogue.

We see migrants being homed ahead of the indigent population.
We see these illegal migrant being treated preferentially. These men have come into this country without documents….that makes them criminals, but we, the tax payers are supposed to suck up this cost without a peep.

During the last election campaign I did not see any politician from any party, because if I had I would have been asking pertinent questions about the migrant problem.
You cannot ask a flyer what it is going to do about a problem that is not being tackled by any party.

I have worked with people from all countries of the globe. I have given them the respect they earned, but we are being drowned by unknown men from countries whose culture does not align with the western way of life.

I go into Blackburn and it feels like a foreign country. I feel intimidated by women who feel it necessary to cover their faces, showing only their eyes.
How do I judge their intentions when I cannot see their face?
How do I know that it actually is a woman and not a terrorist with evil intent?

If that makes me a racist, fascist right wing thug….rather than a concerned patriotic woman, then I have to accept this.
However I do believe that this pejorative terminology benefits no one and does not address any of the issues.
And do those using these terms feel a level of superiority….i think perhaps they might.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 07-08-2024 at 08:26.
Old 07-08-2024, 08:41   #10
Beacon of light

I am going to tell you why my stance has changed.
In 2016/2017, my elderly mum (89 and frail) had her back yard used by Asian young men for dealing drugs.
They used her outside toilet, they could not get into her garage from the external door. But climbed her backyard wall and got in through that door.
When she politely asked them to leave they verbally abused her and told her she had a ‘lot of windows the could put in’.
When the police were contacted what do you think they did?
Absolutely nothing. This in spite of there being CCTV footage.
They made the last couple of years of my mothers life miserable and although we made changes so that the backyard was secure, she never felt truly safe.
Old 07-08-2024, 11:02   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I am going to tell you why my stance has changed.
In 2016/2017, my elderly mum (89 and frail) had her back yard used by Asian young men for dealing drugs.
They used her outside toilet, they could not get into her garage from the external door. But climbed her backyard wall and got in through that door.
When she politely asked them to leave they verbally abused her and told her she had a ‘lot of windows the could put in’.
When the police were contacted what do you think they did?
Absolutely nothing. This in spite of there being CCTV footage.
They made the last couple of years of my mothers life miserable and although we made changes so that the backyard was secure, she never felt truly safe.
My mother was who was in her late 50s early 60s was pushed to the floor by a white English drug dealer

This Asian is likely to have been born here and they are by default British citizen? and part of the entire drug problem overall.

Makes no difference where they are from, what race they are. Generally those involved with the sale of drugs are humans without morals

Old 07-08-2024, 11:07   #12
Senior Member+

We shall evaluate tomorrow and see if these people can protest peacefully.

Right now some of my colleagues are anxious and worried to travel to and from work.

Sounds like a form of terrorism to me.

Old 07-08-2024, 11:14   #13
Senior Member+

Margaret. I understand you are an intelligent person and I respect you for many reasons we could go through. But don't need to. But feel in such debates that needs to be said.

My post isn't addressing the immigration issues in the UK. But the racism I have experienced and witnessed throughout my life here in this part of England and I can see from the way these " protesters " act the racism I know is present here extends throughout the country.

Old 07-08-2024, 12:42   #14
Beacon of light

The two are inextricably linked…illegal immigration fuels racism.I have seen racism too….but using that term for people who are genuinely concerned for the fabric of their communities is sometime a lazy generalisation to shut down discussion.

Rob I respect the opinions of everyone…and I do not ever want to be a part of a society that is afraid to speak out.

I hate that a situation has been hijacked by those in communities who are hard of thinking.

Politicians need to wake up and take notice of the civil unrest.

As for Accrington….i have just come home and it is pretty much a ghost town.
Restless likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 07-08-2024 at 12:48.
Old 07-08-2024, 12:48   #15
Senior Member+

My opening post was more angry at what I'm reading than being objective

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..