Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2007, 12:07   #1
Senior Member+

Rant...

I am sick to death of people i know and strangers(!) making comments about me being 'at home on my behind all day whilst i get benefits'.....excuse me.........even if i did it would be none of their business but it makes me even more mad because....
I DONT GET BLINKING BENEFITS ANYWAY
Fair enough when i was on benefit then they had a point to an extent and i just used to take the stick i got for it....even though i worked from when i was 14 till i was 8 months pregnant, with only a 6 months gap when i first moved up here,so i feel i paid enough tax to justify recieving benefits for 2 years so i could be at home with Jack.
When i started seeing my new fella i moved him in with me quite quickly for two reasons-1) because i love him so much and 2)because i didnt want to be seen as a benefit cheat even though he wasnt even living with me/giving me money he did come over nearly every day.At that point ALL my benefit stopped.I informed the benefit people the day BEFORE he moved in-which i know most people dont bother doing.

I was on the bus a while ago ago and a women was sat near me and Jack with her lad....she had obviously just been shopping for new shoes for him but he didnt like any of them and he said 'mummy i want ones like that boys got' pointing at Jacks boots to which she replied 'you cant have them,Clarks shoes are too expensive sorry babe' and muttered 'shes obviously on income support'!!!! i just got off the bus....i didnt know what to say to her cos i was so mad.

Another time i went for a brew at the local surestart centre with Jack and an old couple said to me 'must be hard surviving on benefits and being a single mum eh?!.....erm excuse me IM NOT EITHER!!!!

People should not just assume.

Sorry.......rant over.

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-12-2007, 12:09   #2
God Member

Re: Rant...

Kitty are you ok?
Old 11-12-2007, 12:15   #3
Senior Member+

Why u get so mad? what happens in ur life is no ones bussiness, if u had to care about what everybody elses says, thinks or mutters then u will have no life, at the end of the day what u recieve or not is up to you and no one else.
I work and im on benefits too, little amount but every little helps, sometimes it makes me angry when people says that i moved from spain to get benefits, well i didnt and i know that and i dont have to explain myself to anyone and neither shud u so stop getting angry about what people says, its not worth it,
Oh and about the clarks shoes bit, my son has them but they have been either given or bought in charity shop or ebay, not because i cant afford it but simply cuz i think they are too expensive and would not pay what they ask in shops.
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:18   #4
God Member

get down to tommy balls, all there shoes are clarks
Old 11-12-2007, 12:19   #5
Senior Member+

i know my friend buys them there, where is this place?
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:19   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
Kitty are you ok?
I am now i have had my rant,cheers.....just pees me off when people say stuff about things they dont have a clue about.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:23   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda25 View Post
i know my friend buys them there, where is this place?

in Blackburn, near Morrisons
Old 11-12-2007, 12:23   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
I am now i have had my rant,cheers.....just pees me off when people say stuff about things they dont have a clue about.

i know what you mean
Old 11-12-2007, 12:55   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

miss kitty, people that make comments like that, are just saddos,making up for their own inadequacies, tell em to SWIVEL.
Old 11-12-2007, 13:01   #10
Senior Member+

i know exactly how you feel kitty.....

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 13:07   #11
Senior Member+

Thanks for your replies.....much appreciated.

Old 11-12-2007, 13:13   #12
Senior Member+

you dont have to explain anything to anyone kitty
your friends dont need explanations
and your enemies wont believe them
so as said before let em swivel

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 13:14   #13
God Member

Know how that is Kitty had that rant most of my kids life still feel it too to an extent, im a stay at home parent have been for well over a decade [feels longer lol] not really by choice because kids interests have to come 1st & always the priority a pigging nitemare getting a job around it, now my life is a little more lenient, its still a barrier not for want of trying see job apps thread - been doing it long enough to know the rejection & the employment industry being more competitive with the foreigners, im slipping more by the wayside well feels like it, well it shows it means nowt to employers but assume the layabout parent label too despite the voluntary & college inbetween - my rant soz

Yeh i get the prejudgment comments of sitting on my arse scrounger opinions & im far from it, boring life waiting on yer loved ones & housejobs, its like blumming groundhog day hence i try & get involved in something like osc & community stuff to least keep me sanish otherwise u lose your identity as a person, but some people are only too happy to labelise people to make themselves feel better, its a hard thankless job at times being a responsible stay at home parent & not a career choice LOL!!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 13:17   #14

I have my lad in nursery for 3 days a week. I love being able to spend more time with him. But years ago it was mothers duty to stop at home and look after the kids. Why is it now that women are frowned on when they arent at work!!!!

Have you seen me dancing, i mean really dancing!!!

Claire Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 13:33   #15

i am 20 but look about 15 so people always think im a silly teenager who has gotten pregnant and now im going to be a single parent. ............. well there wrong because i was trying for a year before i managed to get pregnant and me and my boyfriend are still together with no intentions of splitting up... why are people so old fashioned with there opinions

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..