Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2010, 07:37   #16
God Member

Re: Recycling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Maybe it's time to stick our heads btween our legs and kiss our asses goodbye.
ah yes ..a popular Canadian drinking game... I suppose you lot call it male bonding
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-01-2010, 09:40   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
the other countries havnt been buying it now for some time now as it has lost its value so much infact news was a while back that councils are renting storage space to keep recycled goods which is costing US more than what it will ever be worth even if teh economy picks up

recycling is an absolute waste of time

global warming has not been proven to be down to us we have just been beaten into accepting it

the process of recycling the stuff causes more polution than throwing it away and making fresh things

energy light saving bulbs are a farce the process of making them alone is far greater than what any standard bulb would ever be or woudl ever use in its lifetime

been green is just an excuse to add tax to things we need or enjoy and that is the only truth about the whole damn thing

unless of course you believe the last climate change was teh dinosours fault for driving around in cars too much and leaving their xbox on stanby instead of switching it off

climate change is a natural occurance that will happen no matter what we do or how much extra tax we pay
Spot on that!....People should stop being fooled by the term "Climate Change" its actually "Climate Variance"....which has happened ever since the Earth was formed, long before we had cars and invented plastic! Yes i'm in favour of cutting down on waste, but not for reasons of saving the planet!! Another Gross Con job, and my my my are we falling for it!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 09:54   #18
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

‘Earth is Set to Enter a 20-year Cooling Period’

February 11, 2009

Quote:
During a lecture at the University of Aberdeen he will argue that, far from warming, the Earth is set to enter a 20-year cooling period. Dr Buckee believes human behaviour has no effect on the climate and the vast sums spent by governments trying to promote renewable energy to cut greenhouse gas emissions are being wasted.

Strange isn't it? but of all the conspiracy type theorists I like this guys version far more than most.

We've had two very wet summers and two colder winters, but then I'm known to be someone ready to jump onto the latest environmental bandwaggon so what do I know?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..