Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2010, 14:23   #1

Recycling?

Recycling?

The man was not proud, he stopped and spoke to me. I watched as he put a plastic bottle into his container and then a drinks can, “What happens to all this? I asked and indicating the nearly full truck he trundled around town trying to do a job that needed a machine to do.

“It gets dumped at the depot!”

“And then?”

"Landfill!”

So it looks like you and me have to recycle but recycling does not start at the top, the council are quite happy to landfill but by golly we must not!
webglynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-01-2010, 14:51   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Recycling?

garinda started a thread about this a few years back.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ing-25829.html

If you look at post #23 you will see that the Obbo' also got in touch with him and did a story about it, so I'm afraid your observations aren't new, nor has anything been done about it since then.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 15:17   #3
Senior Member+

Dont do as i do, do as i say!!!

I believe some "experts" are also now saying we are going to have a period of "Global Cooling"

We are being conned by someone, every minute, of every hour, of every day!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 15:21   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
I believe some "experts" are also now saying we are going to have a period of "Global Cooling"
wahoo back to leaded fuel and away with those smelly catlick coverters lol

on a side not

has anyone noticed since we went green disasters are getting more regular like new orleans, yorkshire floods and now haiti

were killing the planet folks recycling and cfc reduction is evil

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 14:10   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
garinda started a thread about this a few years back.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ing-25829.html

If you look at post #23 you will see that the Obbo' also got in touch with him and did a story about it, so I'm afraid your observations aren't new, nor has anything been done about it since then.
So what are you saying Less! Anyone coming into Accyweb read all the old post before posting? And if nothing has been done about it is not one reason that in 2 years no-one has made that an issue in here.
Old 19-01-2010, 14:30   #6
God Member

i don't know if its true or not but my dad got told they sell it to another country
Old 19-01-2010, 14:43   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by webglynne View Post
So what are you saying Less! Anyone coming into Accyweb read all the old post before posting? And if nothing has been done about it is not one reason that in 2 years no-one has made that an issue in here.
Not in the slightest you over sensitive fool, I was saying you aren't the first to mention it & you won't be the last, but will we make a difference?
Well, perhaps if you train your guns at someone that matters rather than someone showing you old ammunition that could still be used.

Go for it maybe you are the recycling Messiah we have been waiting for, maybe, your addition to what went before will make 'THE' difference.

Just don't shoot the messenger.

P.S. sometimes it is worth looking at old posts, might just give you an idea about accyweb.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 19:55   #8

Thank you, I have already picked the rude ones. Now tell us all what does matter to you. And explai the someone who matter and what guns I am aiming!
Old 19-01-2010, 20:32   #9
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i don't know if its true or not but my dad got told they sell it to another country
Apparently so, those expensive fleeces ! manky old plastic bottles & pots. They're shredded & reduced to flakes exported to China, go through some process or other turned into "material" for fleeces,made into garments then sold back to us who chucked em away in the first place there was a documentary on it a couple of years back.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 23:28   #10
God Member

the other countries havnt been buying it now for some time now as it has lost its value so much infact news was a while back that councils are renting storage space to keep recycled goods which is costing US more than what it will ever be worth even if teh economy picks up

recycling is an absolute waste of time

global warming has not been proven to be down to us we have just been beaten into accepting it

the process of recycling the stuff causes more polution than throwing it away and making fresh things

energy light saving bulbs are a farce the process of making them alone is far greater than what any standard bulb would ever be or woudl ever use in its lifetime

been green is just an excuse to add tax to things we need or enjoy and that is the only truth about the whole damn thing

unless of course you believe the last climate change was teh dinosours fault for driving around in cars too much and leaving their xbox on stanby instead of switching it off

climate change is a natural occurance that will happen no matter what we do or how much extra tax we pay

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 20-01-2010, 03:14   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
the other countries havnt been buying it now for some time now as it has lost its value so much infact news was a while back that councils are renting storage space to keep recycled goods which is costing US more than what it will ever be worth even if teh economy picks up

recycling is an absolute waste of time

global warming has not been proven to be down to us we have just been beaten into accepting it

the process of recycling the stuff causes more polution than throwing it away and making fresh things

energy light saving bulbs are a farce the process of making them alone is far greater than what any standard bulb would ever be or woudl ever use in its lifetime

been green is just an excuse to add tax to things we need or enjoy and that is the only truth about the whole damn thing

unless of course you believe the last climate change was teh dinosours fault for driving around in cars too much and leaving their xbox on stanby instead of switching it off

climate change is a natural occurance that will happen no matter what we do or how much extra tax we pay
and do you have any sensible proposal of how to make any attempt to at least slow down climate change?...climate change may well be a natural occurence but it does not mean everyone should carry on as if nowt is happening.
People have different opinions about climate change but it's agreed that it is happening from both sides .. so does mankind do nothing?.. or should we make an effort?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 05:13   #12
God Member

the green nut job brigade reakon cow flatulance is causing the greenhouse effect so in a way i am helping out each time i eat a burger or oreder a steak.Theres no need to waste your time seperating plastics,tins and bottles when theres a more direct approach such as paying a visit to your local butcher

seems a pretty sensible solution to me because steak is yummy

Last edited by accyman; 20-01-2010 at 05:17.
Old 20-01-2010, 05:18   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
and do you have any sensible proposal of how to make any attempt to at least slow down climate change?...climate change may well be a natural occurence but it does not mean everyone should carry on as if nowt is happening.
People have different opinions about climate change but it's agreed that it is happening from both sides .. so does mankind do nothing?.. or should we make an effort?
Maybe it's time to stick our heads btween our legs and kiss our asses goodbye.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 05:25   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Maybe it's time to stick our heads btween our legs and kiss our asses goodbye.

i can think of better things i would rather taste before i died

Old 20-01-2010, 07:29   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i can think of better things i would rather taste before i died
I said "kiss" not "eat".
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..