Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2012, 08:09   #31

Re: Relaxing!

Find it hard to relax, but do like reading a good book and spending time on the computer. Also i like coming home to an empty house after a day at work. As i like the peace and quiet for the first hour before the family starts arriving home.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-04-2012, 08:26   #32
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Also i like coming home to an empty house after a day at work.
Stick your address on here, leave the front door unlocked & I'll get the lads to call around. All proceeds will of course go towards new software for AccyWeb!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:27   #33
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I had one a long time ago, before I got married in 1975, he was lovely (the Westie not the new husband!), but I believe they can have a nasty temperament apparently - both dogs and ex husbands oh dear I think I might be digging a hole here so I'll shut up!!
Ours is a good-natured, friendly little chap.....unless you're a squirrel!!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:36   #34
Senior Member+

Westies are like any other dog . Their temperant can be down to the way they are trained. But again they can have an off day as we do.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:45   #35
Give, give, give member

Reading.

Always read a lot, though I hadn't lately, as I struggled holding books with paper pages.

Got a Kindle for Christmas, and haven't stopped since.

Fantastic to get the books I want to read at the click of a button, and not have to order, then wait for them.

I love it, for allowing me to read lots again. Best ever present.

Reading in bed, making one of the little Italian pastels Mobertol has got me hooked on, is my guilty, relaxing pleasure.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:07   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Stick your address on here, leave the front door unlocked & I'll get the lads to call around. All proceeds will of course go towards new software for AccyWeb!

Just looked again at what i wrote and it does sound like an invite. But it's not totally empty i have my dogs, which one of them is quite vicious if he doesn't know you.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:28   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
We were gonna get a "Caution, I Live Here!" Westie sign for the front door but decided against it.
Be careful Steve, my parents had three Westies and if you don't keep your eye on them they have a tendency to give people a vicious lick
Old 08-04-2012, 09:31   #38
Resting in Peace

Relaxing um well sitting watching the telly on a Saturday night with a beer in my had knowing the Rovers have won, ain't been too relaxing for quite a while now
Old 08-04-2012, 10:40   #39
Beacon of light

I like reading too......books, the kindle(glad you are enjoying yours G)newspapers(especially with a really good cup of tea and a slice of toast).
I like doing puzzles, I play word and number games on my DSXL(the bigger version is kinder to my lamps).
I spend time on the computer.......write my blog from time to time...Photography is another of my ways to relax.......especially the editing and messing around with the pictures.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:46   #40
Rest in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Relaxing um well sitting watching the telly on a Saturday night with a beer in my had knowing the Rovers have won, ain't been too relaxing for quite a while now
When was last time Rovers won. Must be very stressful for you.
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:50   #41
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
I think I need a dog, when I eventually retire probably when I'm at least seventy I intend to get a Westie and call it Fluffy with a pretty pink collar much to my partner's disgust!
Get a proper dog.
You don't need all the hassle of your own dog, you can take mine for walks any time. She likes to run and run and run, oh and she likes to play in the brook/res as well. Just watch out for rabbits, she chased her first one the other day but gave up when she was to far away from me and came back all worried I may have left her

I enjoy taking her out for walks and do find it relaxing.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:25   #42

Cleaned the kitchen and bathroom and dusted and swept up. No time for relaxing so far, but I might get out a P G Wodehouse later on and have a read for an hour or so. Oh, and happy Easter everyone!
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:33   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You don't need all the hassle of your own dog, you can take mine for walks any time. She likes to run and run and run, oh and she likes to play in the brook/res as well. Just watch out for rabbits, she chased her first one the other day but gave up when she was to far away from me and came back all worried I may have left her

I enjoy taking her out for walks and do find it relaxing.
What Breed have you got?
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:44   #44
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You're sorely in need of a break then Jay. Or how about relaxing when they've lost, you'd be practically comatose.
Old 08-04-2012, 13:23   #45
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Oh, and happy Easter everyone!
Thank you Michael, and to you too.

I had meant to post the same thing earlier but forgot!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..