Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2005, 18:46   #16
God Member

Re: Respect, or rather the lack of it.

To be honest i have finished school fairly recently and i was barely ever taught about both worldwars, breifly touched on but not in as much detail as i would of liked. Luckely though my grandad told me about it and i after visiting one of the many french war memorials/graveyards on a trip to france and seeing the many white graves the most harrowing of these the unmarked graves. I have had the upmost respect for anybody who served in any of the wars as these people gave there lives for us and without them we would not have the privaledges that we donow.
Therefore personally i have and would never do anything like that. But Others do and this is because of mainly boredom and a lack of education but also they also do it for the chance of being caught and getting the adrenaline rush that comes with this possible chase and this outwieghs the punishment which comes with doing this and the "buzz" which they recieve.
What to do to solve this i dont know but something has to be done maybe increase the penatly for it.
Old 26-03-2005, 19:26   #17
God Member

>>But Others do and this is because of mainly boredom and a lack of education but also they also do it for the chance of being caught and getting the adrenaline rush that comes with this possible chase and this outwieghs the punishment which comes with doing this and the "buzz" which they recieve.
What to do to solve this i dont know but something has to be done maybe increase the penatly for it <<

Well if that isn't an argument for the return of The Birch, I don't know what is.
Old 26-03-2005, 19:42   #18
Senior Member+

When i was a teenager my friends and i used to get bored, but i was brought up to have respect for people. I can honestly say that myself and the group i went round with never got into any sort of bother. It would never have entered our heads.So the answer does have to do with being brought up and not dragged up.
Old 26-03-2005, 19:57   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Well if that isn't an argument for the return of The Birch, I don't know what is.
You are correct with that comment, but the blame must be firmly placed with the parents of these youths, or yobs if you wish to give them their correct titles. Respect always begins in the home. If parents are not able to control their own offsprings, then we have a society that respects nothing and will take anything they want no matter who they hurt in the process of getting what they want.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2005, 20:01   #20
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by janet
When i was a teenager my friends and i used to get bored, but i was brought up to have respect for people. I can honestly say that myself and the group i went round with never got into any sort of bother. It would never have entered our heads.So the answer does have to do with being brought up and not dragged up.
EXACTLY........................................... .......
Old 26-03-2005, 20:14   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381
the blame must be firmly placed with the parents of these youths.
So how do you explain kids who have perfectly behaived brothers and sisters but they are the one yob in the family. I know many families like this and then the parents who have done exactly the same with all children get blamed. But some blame has to be on soceity given that the majour effect on all people is with who they hang around with as these groups who spray this graffiti are prats, And the whole of the group are prats but if these kids would have mated around with other kids then they would have probably not done this. It is very hard for parents to deciede who their kids mate around with isnt it
Old 26-03-2005, 20:19   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins
It is very hard for parents to deciede who their kids mate around with isnt it
I know and as a parent I constantly worry about the future and who they'll mate around with. The thing is that if they are led astray by other kids then it's still down to parenting. There may be the odd exception but respect can only be taught by example and the best example that kids get is from their parents.
PurpleLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2005, 20:24   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
I know many families like this and then the parents who have done exactly the same with all children get blamed. But some blame has to be on soceity given that the majour effect on all people
Why blame society, bringing up 1, 2, 3, 4 children is no different, respect begins in the home, that is the parents responsiblity. So please do not blame that on society

Albert Einstein.

Old 26-03-2005, 20:27   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLass
There may be the odd exception but respect can only be taught by example and the best example that kids get is from their parents.
I totally agree with this but surely then it is not the education by schools to teach kids but the teaching of soceity to try and teach these parents who are to blame

One thing that always makes me cringe is when these parents open the car door at the road side and get there kids out into the middle of the road so the kids are stood there by the side of the car whilst the parent gets the other kids out. Do they not under stand that is why they made a door at each side of the car ---- Idiots who have no common sense

Last edited by John_Timmins; 26-03-2005 at 20:28.
John_Timmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2005, 20:31   #25
God Member

Quote:
Why blame society, bringing up 1, 2, 3, 4 children is no different, respect begins in the home, that is the parents responsiblity. So please do not blame that on society
Yes but you have to agree that it is alot harder for a parent to keep a child respecting than it is for another yob to drag them off this track and then all the hard work is ripped to peices. Also there is the agument that this could be nature vs nurture (spelling???) i think nurture is stronger but in some cases you just have to wonder
Old 26-03-2005, 20:38   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLass
I know and as a parent I constantly worry about the future and who they'll mate around with. The thing is that if they are led astray by other kids then it's still down to parenting. There may be the odd exception but respect can only be taught by example and the best example that kids get is from their parents.
Exactly, we worried at the time, but our kids are now grown up and have kids of their own.They are now passing on the respect they were taught as kids.

Albert Einstein.

Old 26-03-2005, 20:43   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes but you have to agree that it is alot harder for a parent to keep a child respecting than it is for another yob to drag them off this track and then all the hard work is ripped to peices. Also there is the agument that this could be nature vs nurture (spelling???) i think nurture is stronger but in some cases you just have to wonder
Is not the answer............Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind

Albert Einstein.

Old 26-03-2005, 20:45   #28
God Member

I''l kill my son!!!!!!!! he is called ZACK!! no it can't be him he is only 7 and usually writes ''i love you'' on his bedroom wall!!!!!!!!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2005, 22:35   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
I''l kill my son!!!!!!!! he is called ZACK!! no it can't be him he is only 7 and usually writes ''i love you'' on his bedroom wall!!!!!!!!!
Why not give him some paper to write on

Albert Einstein.

Old 26-03-2005, 23:28   #30
I am Banned

Quote:
Why not give him some paper to write on
she did..

WALLPAPER pmsl
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..