Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2010, 14:06   #1
God Member

revolution in the air

sounds like theres revolution in the air and david camerons advisors and right hand men are all involved in the tax avoidance scheme BBC News - Topshop's flagship London store hit by tax protest
Old 04-12-2010, 14:18   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: revolution in the air

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
sounds like theres revolution in the air and david cameron's advisors and right hand men are all involved in the tax avoidance scheme BBC News - Topshop's flagship London store hit by tax protest
I wonder why this is still allowed in our country, especially after 13 years of Labour Government, strange really you would have thought they would have taken great steps to put this right, now you have the never to highlight it
Old 04-12-2010, 14:59   #3
Resting in Peace

Well having read the article and seen some pictures it appear that the demonstrators will have plenty in common with those they are protesting about, in as much as neither of um will be paying much tax
Old 04-12-2010, 16:14   #4
God Member

la viva the private eye..
Old 04-12-2010, 17:55   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
sounds like theres revolution in the air and david camerons advisors and right hand men are all involved in the tax avoidance scheme BBC News - Topshop's flagship London store hit by tax protest
I bought some stuff from that Topman today. Wasn't very many protesters. Tons of people buying stuff from the store though.

It took up a lot of police resources however since they decided to do it in the doorway of the shop. These are the same people that will protest against spending reductions I imagine.
Old 04-12-2010, 18:04   #6
God Member

Oh and if that's meant to be the revolution, I don't need to worry about booking my plane tickets just yet!
Old 04-12-2010, 18:14   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I bought some stuff from that Topman today.
A damning admission in itself.
Old 04-12-2010, 18:22   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
I bought some stuff from that Topman today. Wasn't very many protesters. Tons of people buying stuff from the store though.

It took up a lot of police resources however since they decided to do it in the doorway of the shop. These are the same people that will protest against spending reductions I imagine.
There may only have been a few of them Andrew, but they seem to have got a fair bit of national media coverage. Which I would imagine was the purpose of the demonstration.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 18:42   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
A damning admission in itself.
yep it demonstrates plainly how toryboy views Tax Avoidance
Old 04-12-2010, 18:43   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
There may only have been a few of them Andrew, but they seem to have got a fair bit of national media coverage. Which I would imagine was the purpose of the demonstration.
Hat's off to them for getting off their backsides and making a stand - that's what we need. It's unusual for people to organise and protest over an issue like this!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 18:55   #11
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

The guy has been wheeling & dealing since the mid 70's & your "revolution" is only kicking in now ? At the end of 2010 ! Even being generous that's 30 odd years late don't you think ?
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 19:22   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well, there is that, although I was thinking more of his sartorial tastes.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:22   #13
God Member

Quote:
Am sure we are both in agreement that the many thousands of jobs and taxpayers Philip Green has created are a very welcome thing.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:27   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Am sure we are both in agreement that the many thousands of jobs and taxpayers Philip Green has created are a very welcome thing.
yep welcome indeed, sod all to do wi tax avoidance though, are ya saying the jobs make it alright? seems so to me, Typical tactic avoiding the issue.

Last edited by cashman; 05-12-2010 at 09:32.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:33   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
yep welcome indeed, sod all to do wi tax avoidance though, are ya saying the jobs make it alright? seems so to me,
Like I've said before Labour did sod all to try and stop tax avoidance whilst in power, mind you they were probable using the same loopholes for there own benefits so why close um

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..