Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2007, 22:34   #16
God Member

Re: Schoolgirls to receive cancer jabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
I'm all for any vaccination against any disease so this gets my vote.

I heard, a long time ago, that cervical cancer is almost unknown in nuns and Jewish women. We can draw our own conclusions from that, I think.
Do Jewish women not have sex?
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2007, 22:53   #17
God Member

Quote:
WestenderI heard, a long time ago, that cervical cancer is almost unknown in nuns and Jewish women. We can draw our own conclusions from that, I think.
I can understand the nuns but why Jewish women?

Last edited by BERNADETTE; 26-10-2007 at 22:56.
BERNADETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 23:10   #18
Resting in peace

Quote:
=Lilly;485270]Do Jewish women not have sex?
Jewish men are curcumsised this is called Kosher practice, meaning clean, uncircumsised men that do not keepclean in the penis are more likely to harbour germs under the foreskin, thus passing them on to the unfortunate recipient,
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 23:18   #19

Maybe female circumcision plays it's part, I really have no idea. Seems to be a bit of a taboo/dark topic I dont know whether it is a practice that Jewish women undergo. My thoughts are that it's probably an African tradition...I stand to be corrected.
Old 26-10-2007, 23:38   #20
Resting in peace

Quote:
, Bonnyboy;485277]Maybe female circumcision plays it's part, I really have no idea. Seems to be a bit of a taboo/dark topic I dont know whether it is a practice that Jewish women undergo. My thoughts are that it's probably an African tradition...I stand to be corrected.
Jewish women are not curcmsised, some Moslem sects do it to stop female enjoyment and keeping them faithfull for bearing children. It is done when the girls reach puberty to lower their Libido. No Jewish woman brought up in a kosher household would have sex with an uncircusised male.
Old 27-10-2007, 08:07   #21
God Member

The virus lurks under the foreskin - jewish men have theirs removed soon after birth.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 10:14   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Jewish men are curcumsised this is called Kosher practice, meaning clean, uncircumsised men that do not keepclean in the penis are more likely to harbour germs under the foreskin, thus passing them on to the unfortunate recipient,
Ah right. Thanks Ianto. I understand now.
Old 27-10-2007, 10:39   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Think you may find that this theory has been disproved now Ian and is purely genetic.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 13:37   #24
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Think you may find that this theory has been disproved now Ian and is purely genetic.
That is the latest theory, but there are uncountable versions of Cancer, and Cervical Cancer can manifest it self in other areas as secondary Cancer. Secondary cancer occurs when the cancer cells break through and get into the Lymph Nodes thus travelling in the blood stream, My present Lung Cancer is a secondary Colon Cancer, not a true Lung cancer(that is why I am still here) they can do very little with the'spider' smokers cancer, don't tell me that is heredity, Colon or Bowel are. Cerviacal Cancer is a sexually transmitted virus this developes into Cancer that can be passed both ways, they are extending the 'jabs' to 17 year old girls.Refuse it at your peril, the alternative is fatal.
Believe me Kate I have researched this subject for years, and subscribe to the University of Medical research Philadelphia USA.on the side effects of treatment chemo, surgery,etc. To say Cancer is genetic yes in a very few cases, But there are so many different ones nobody knows how many, is a misnomer.
Old 27-10-2007, 13:46   #25
Resting in Peace

Believe me Ian, not an expert at all .. just what I read and understand. Am led to believe lots of cancers and are genetic and make you more subsceptible to developing them/or not. That's why some young women are having breasts remove if their relatives have history of such .. how sad. Hope they could find a vaccine for this too soon.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 14:03   #26
Beacon of light

Cervical cancer is caused by the HPV virus...and it is true that circumcision is one of the ways to prevent the spread of the virus(it does lurk under the foreskin of the uncircumcised male) using condoms also helps to prevent the spread of this virus....having mutiple sexual partners can contribute to the spread of the condition.....however if someone has cervical cancer it does NOT mean you have been promiscuous......but your partner may have picked it up in a previous relationship.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 14:12   #27

Talking Re: Schoolgirls to receive cancer jabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies View Post
Thinks its brill, shame its not for older peeps as well, having just had lazer treatment for the second time ! Deffo coming back as a man next time.
"...for older peeps..." - Your not old hehe

Yea deffo a good idea. I heard this was going to happen a few weeks back and believe that people of all ages should be able to have it as well!
AccyAlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 14:57   #28
God Member

I had surgery (hysterectomy) at age 32, following a positive smear test.
At the time, the surgeon said that if it had not been found, I would probably not lived much past 40. So every year since I have treated as a bonus.
It has not been tragic for me because I didn't want any more children.
This vaccine will prevent early deaths and a lot of suffering.
Parents should not prevent their daughters from having it.

Last edited by MargaretR; 27-10-2007 at 15:01.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2007, 15:15   #29
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I had surgery (hysterectomy) at age 32, following a positive smear test.
At the time, the surgeon said that if it had not been found, I would probably not lived much past 40. So every year since I have treated as a bonus.
It has not been tragic for me because I didn't want any more children.
This vaccine will prevent early deaths and a lot of suffering.
Parents should not prevent their daughters from having it.
well said Margaret, more power to your elbow. Anything that can prevent any form of Cancer occuring is a bonus, you have no life even living with it, no 2 days are the same , you cannot make plans beyond today, my treatment is the 'last throw of the dice' but how long for?
Old 27-10-2007, 18:04   #30
God Member

Think this is a good idea, hope it proves successful.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..